FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ultraviolet

ulruc
Did someone already saw the movie Ultraviolet playing in theater? My friends said it was a great movie but I never got the time to go and watch it.

Without giving me out spoilers, can someone say to me if it worth it or not to go and watch this movie?

If everyone say that it suck, I may not loose my time to go for this movie Shocked
eznet
I hate to bash a movie... I really do... especially one that I had such high hopes for. My wife and I were really amped to see it and left about 10 minutes before the end because it was more important for us to beat the traffic (and there was NO traffic... so...).

We are really into SciFi and fantasy and really thought that this movie would be great and right along those lines. I must admit there were some really interesting concepts as well as some beautiful eye-candy but, there was also some really bad effects in there as well. Some of the CG elements of the movie were really fake looking (poor structure and texture mapping).

We both have been huge matrix fans as well as fans of more recent movies such as Aeon Flux. Movies of this type are usually our exact cup'o'tea but this one left me.. well as the title says... laugh.. out loud... bad thing was, it was supposed to be a serious part of the movie... totally funny... I wasn't the only one laughing..

D+

Ez
gr3gg3r
The movie was OK. Personally, I think it was a little too overdone, like they tried too hard. Actually, I think it would have been a lot better if the entire movie was computer generated or animated, for that matter. There was so many special effects shots, it might as well have been, so I figure why not go all the way.

Also, I seemed to drag near the end, with me wondering.. "Is this where it ends... Is this where it ends." So it felt longer than it really was. =/