FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Helpz!!

Is it Football or Soccer?
Football
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Soccer
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

n0obie4life
Okay, n0obie4life and Bondings have a tiny conflict.

They can't decide if the picture below is FOOTBALL or SOCCER.

So, please help us.

Blaster
Are you really that stupid. It is socotball. Duh!! Rolling Eyes
Nameless
That largly depends on what continent you're on.
Blaster
Or you can just call it socotball Very Happy I belive too that you are right.
Helios
I say it's SOCCER.

That means only one thing:

THAT PICTURE IS SOCCER.

Wanna argue? Rolling Eyes
Jack_Hammer
Football, as it is a game they play with their feet. There is no such thing as soccer...
Jaiye
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Football, as it is a game they play with their feet. There is no such thing as soccer...

agree, it is most definetly football

PROOF <<-------
theo
footker i think
really confused me
Blaster
Soccer it is!!! Soccer is the way for americans to say it. Because we have somthing 40920850843503048 times better. FOOTBALL.
Reaper
eh both options are intresting but i pick option 3, destroy all official sports so theres no argument in the first place Smile And there you go your problems officially solved Laughing
ocalhoun
We should all come to an agreement.
How about this:
Football is not the same as futball, but futball is the same as soccer.
James007
Jaiye wrote:
Jack_Hammer wrote:

agree, it is most definetly football

PROOF <<-------

OMG... That's funny Very Happy catchy tune Very Happy
Blaster
ocalhoun wrote:
We should all come to an agreement.
How about this:
Football is not the same as futball, but futball is the same as soccer.

Good idea. Football is a sport in america. Futball is a the same as soccer. In spanish american football is Futball de norteamerikano (somting like that)
Soulfire
Soccer all the way! Football is a game with collisions.
Lennon
Please move this to the personal pictures gallery....
n0obie4life
Lennon wrote:
Please move this to the personal pictures gallery....

Are you out of your mind?

I sniff back-seat-moderating here Smile.
planet
Its totally clearly with NO confuzzelation SOCKFOOTBALLING ! noo doubt !
Jack_Hammer
Rugby (Everyone knows what Rugby is)
American Football (They hardley ever use their feet but basically Rugby for wimps)
Football (A game that people use their feet to kick a ball around foot-ball)
Soccer (Error: Unknown, sorry this word does not exist)
nilsmo
Pro's and Con's of selecting Soccer
Good: No confusion since americans aren't confused
Bad: Annoys Brits

Good > Bad => Soccer
billybob
Jack_Hammer wrote:
American Football (They hardley ever use their feet but basically Rugby for wimps)

This guy has it!!! Why would american football be called football at all????? It's just because america could'nt think of there own name for there sport, they have to steal our name and give us some suckie name Razz Razz Razz
Scorpio
Jack_Hammer wrote:

I agree,

There is no such thing as Soccer,.

That word exists only in America,.

They'd whip you if you use the word soccer for the english premiership or the bundesliga.

That is football.
Blaster
It is deffently baseball what are you all thinking???? Come on now people

Its soccer you stupid people
alkady
Its both the same, Football is the equivalent of Soccer in the British Vocabulary, While in the States, Canada ect... It's referred to as Soccer.
RaMo
naturally i reckon its football but prefer soccer but i voted football
oneightwo
Football. It USED to be called soccer in australia too. But since we got into the world cup (yay!) they have now come to see that it's logical to call it what it actually is: FOOTBALL!!!

But i didn't care. Cos i was always smart enough to realise it was FOOTBALL

Plus everyone knows AFL/NRL/American Football sucks! Especially American Football...that game just sucks...and then the Video Games about it! Whereas FOOTBALL games are actually enjoyable Wink
Blaster
Did anyone ever tell you don't get in a fight with an american about sports? Football is a game played on a 100 yard field. It has such things as Touchdowns.

That is football

That is soccer.

dictionary.com wrote:
A game played on a rectangular field with net goals at either end in which two teams of 11 players each try to drive a ball into the other's goal by kicking, heading, or using any part of the body except the arms and hands. The goalie is the only player who may touch or move the ball with the arms or hands.

So as you can see it is clearly soccer. Try and prove me wrong. Just try.
Daniel15
Yeah, I'd call it soccer.

Here in Australia, "Football" refers to Aussie Rules football. "Soccer" refers to the game with the round-ish ball that you kick around Smile
Blaster
daniel15 wrote:
Yeah, I'd call it soccer.

Here in Australia, "Football" refers to Aussie Rules football. "Soccer" refers to the game with the round-ish ball that you kick around Smile

Thank you daniel15. You are 100% right. Soccer meaning a game played with a round ball. Football- a game played with a type of ovalish ball (hint not round)
cfackler
Definitely soccer, as I live in America. Although, I don't mean to be an uncultured American slob....
Soulfire
I've always known it as soccer. Football is completely different. Futbol, however, is soccer in the Spanish world. Futbol Americano would be the football all of us Americans are familiar with.

Lots of things have two or more names for it. For instance, the mountain lion, cougar, and puma are all terms loosely used for the same genus and species (though I don't recall said genus and species).
710ths
Blaster wrote:
Soccer it is!!! Soccer is the way for americans to say it. Because we have somthing 40920850843503048 times better. FOOTBALL.

We Brits invented it and called it Football so Football it is. Why do Americans always have to steal our ideas and call it something else.

There is another game of course, Rugby Football which again the American have pinched and call American Football...why didnt they call it "American Soccer" or "American Rugby". Anyway the two games are very different. The main point being our guys have to stay on the pitch for the full term not come on and go off every two minutes. Whats that all about...cant stand the pace.
bpdwg
are you talking about the game or the round thing (less than 485g) which makes an old man(refree) to run in (144.5 m x 88m) field more than eleven times of any other player for a good 90 minutes? Confused
HoboPelican
LOL. This is hilarious!

As an American who is sick to death of what we call football, I have a suggestion. Since the NFL here is such a stickler for copyright infringment (when was the last time you heard "Superbowl" in an ad?), FIFA should copyright the word "Football" and sue the NFL whenever they use it. Laughing

Or, if you wanted to be technically correct, you could call it "Anything but the hands except for the goalie ball", but that has it's own problems. Wink

Seriously, I call it football or soccer, depending on the crowd. If I call in football here in the states, it would just be confusing.
Roald
Jack_Hammer wrote:
He's one of the few people who's got the point. Football is also used in other languages (French, Dutch, German).
NatetheGreat
HoboPelican wrote:
Seriously, I call it football or soccer, depending on the crowd. If I call in football here in the states, it would just be confusing.

Yeah, although since I live in America, it's soccer for the most part. Wink
Josso
Depends what country your in, they are both right.
skygaia
I know that most people call it "soccer" not "football"
But I don't know why?
it is just why americans call it "soccer"?
As you know, football player throw a ball by his hand and catch a ball by his hand and just run with his feet. OH... sometime he used to kick the ball.......

I'm not sure why you asked this question. you don't really know?
Or you want to say someting more?
carlospro7
I know this is an old topic, but I would to contribute. I have been calling football all my life, but because I now live in the US I have to call it soccer. To be honest I like calling it football because it makes the most sense to me. Here is a picture I found on the Imgur gallery. I think it's funny. I hope you guys don't hate me for this!

deanhills
carlospro7 wrote:
I know this is an old topic, but I would to contribute. I have been calling football all my life, but because I now live in the US I have to call it soccer. To be honest I like calling it football because it makes the most sense to me. Here is a picture I found on the Imgur gallery. I think it's funny. I hope you guys don't hate me for this!
I grew up with it being called soccer, football being in the "handegg" category. If you go into technicalities though and revisit the names, you have a good point however. Football to me also does not do justice to the enormous game it has become in the US, however the name does make sense when you compare it with basket ball.
goutha
Right now, the vote is 50% - 50%.

For me, I prefer to call it football. The other one is american football Smile