FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Slight username problem.

bladesage
Okay, so I just had my request for a hosting account accepted today (3/14/06). The only problem is, although my login is the same as my forum account (bladesage), or at least I think it was the way I requested it, my pm said (accurately, actually) my username is "bladesag".

I mostly want to know, is this an error I made in requesting it, or was there a slight mistake in proccessing it. I can get over it (mostly) if it's my fault, but I find it frustrating. Please note that I'm not mad or disappointed by any means, as I really, really love the service (already!). I'm just slightly confused (and I don't like trying to remember a different login, since I have ADD Embarassed ).

On another note, I have a simpler problem (probably) with accessing my site. I uploaded it successfully (after a couple tries and adjustments to my pages), and it is more of a trifle than a serious problem, but when I open my site rkcomics.frih.net, I get linked to a page that's all white, except for a sentence and a lone link: To view home, click here.

Think you could tell me how to fix this (I mean, the link works just fine, but I don't want my visitors to see this page every single time)?

I appreciate any and all help, and I am very pleased with the service Smile
Bondings
We take the first 8 characters of your username for the control panel username. Usernames may not be too long for various reasons.

About your other problem, place a file called ".htaccess" in that directory with as contents: "DirectoryIndex home.html". Or replace home.html with the file you want to be loaded when the directory is accessed.
bladesage
Thank you so very much!!

This makes way more sense now!

And I was never expecting a response from the biggest person on the site, that, to me, is an honor. I love the site!

I was certainly not expecting an answer so soon =D. That is so awesome!

Once again, I cannot thank you enough. And I really love the ideas behind this site!

Thanks!