FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am getting my driving permit!

Billwaa
I am turning 16 on Thursday, and I am planning to apply for a permit on Friday ( I have school off). Any tips on the permit test? I heard from some people that they try to trick people a lot. Do I have to study everything in the driving mannul? That's a heck lots of information. I got this Signs, Signals and Pavement Markings paper though, look like it sum up all the signs and stuff. Should I focus on that one?
psycosquirrel
I had more trouble with the law test than the signs test. Most of the signs are simply common sense...

Either way, good luck. When you get your license, don't speed or drive like a moron. I know it is tempting, but you will regret it if you crash your car...
Vrythramax
I wish you all the luck in the world. I didn't pass the drivers test the first time I took it, I had a problem with parallel parking Sad
But I passed it a month later, so it all worked out. Just be sure to keep an eye out for the other guy and watch out for motorcyles.

BTW...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
suntzu3500
If this is in the US, all the state or standardised tests, for anything, are quite poorly written and ambiguous. Don't be creative when you get to an ambiguous question Razz Think about what they want from the question, not the literal question.

Also, the purpose of the test is to teach you how to drive. Study, memorize everything. Keep in mind, the test is just there to make sure you're safe when you get on the road, and to require you to study everything. It's better to study so that you know everything, rather than to pass the test. It'll help in the long run.
Liu
It's easy.
ocalhoun
Its ridiculously easy...
I passed it with no problem at all in a chevy suburban like this one.
Billwaa
ok. I guess I will choose the choices that seems the safetest.

How many questions are there and how many I need to get right to pass? I live in PA.
Blaster
You live in PA that is cool. Where at in PA?

Never took the permint test but best of luck to you.
xorcist
I live in florida when I took it I took everything on the Internet all I had to do was go to the DMV and take my picture and a vision test. You should take it on the Internet is easy and everything and I got help from people around me.
izcool
I passed the test first time around and to me, it was quite easy. I also suggest that you memorize everything, because you're more than likely going to be driving some sort of a vehicle for the rest of your life, and you need to know the laws and the rules of the road to try to be safe. Always expect the worst when driving, even when you are taking the test.

When I went in to take the test, they took my 25 hour log sheet (sheet that my parents had to sign over time to show that I learned 25 hours with them), threw it in a pile, and when I was called, I took the car around back and started. My tester had me check the turn signals, horn, etc to see if the vehicle was 100% operational. If one of those fails, then you immediately fail the exam. The test for me took only about 10 minutes, then I was done. I screwed up at the end with parking, but I backed up and corrected myself, as I was not done with my park yet. I think my tester was leaniant on me, but I passed and got it right then and there on my 16th birthday. I had my permit for probably 6 months.

Good luck for you on your test.

- Mike.
Billwaa
wow, you are lucky. I need 50 hours of driving in where I live. I am 16 today, yes! I am filling in the form today and asking my doctor to sign it. I think I need a paper from school saying I live in US beucase I am not a citizen. I will probably take it next week.
windval
congratulation~~~

i want to have a car permition too

but i am not old enough~~~

what a pity~~~

my favourite car is lamborghini~~

what a great car it is~~

then what is your favourite?
passtest1
CONGRATULATIONS for passing the driving test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Before you learn to drive or ride a new vehicle make sure you know about the rules and restrictions that apply to you. Different vehicles have different minimum ages and restrictions. Rules for learner drivers

Before you start to drive, you must:
Hold a valid, provisional driving licence for Great Britain or Northern Ireland
Make sure that any vehicle you drive is roadworthy and properly taxed and insured

Generally some people fail in driving practical test due to some of the following reason:
---Ineffective observation or lack of accuracy
---Not checking or not acting as per situation
---Incorrect use of signals
---Lack of steering control
But you don't have to worry for this with lots of practice you can easily pass theory test.There are many websites which assists us for the same such as <removed>

Best of Luck...
deanhills
Good luck! You must be really looking forward to being able to drive. Don't feel bad if you do not pass the tests the first time round. As far as I can understand the traffic cops are usually more strict with passing young people than they are with more mature people when they are tested for driving licenses. If you are serious about driving though, you will eventually get your license, so hope it will be safe driving for you.
ocalhoun
passtest1 wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS for passing the driving test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, congratulations for passing the test... three years ago... ^.^
apple
happy birthday Smile

I am 30 and have never tried for my drivers permit. I guess time never allowed and for most of my life I was a single parent so the couple hundred dollars for the permit always seemed to have a better use. Parents don't you agree?

Anyway, kudos on taking the step.
deanhills
apple wrote:
happy birthday Smile

I am 30 and have never tried for my drivers permit. I guess time never allowed and for most of my life I was a single parent so the couple hundred dollars for the permit always seemed to have a better use. Parents don't you agree?

Anyway, kudos on taking the step.
How have you managed to do without a car during all of this time? I know in Europe this is quite normal as cities are quite closely situated in general and connected with very good rail services. But in the United States even in cities you find enormous distances, and some of them are not that easily reached with public transportation.
guissmo
In my country, these tests are easily ace-able. That's the reason there are a lot of ****** on the road.

Imagine the test-site to have all the posters of the signs and most of the rules. The proctor person doesn't even care who's copying and all. It's sad.

Anyway, good luck with your driving permit. Drive safely. Very Happy
ocalhoun
apple wrote:

A couple hundred? What a ripoff! A Florida license cost less than $20.

But if you're one of those people who live in big cities, you can walk everywhere anyway.
standready
Good luck with the test. Study everything.

Belated Happy Birthday!
airh3ad
Gudluck be careful dude.keep safe on the roads and make every journey an enjoyable one - down-to-earth advice from the driving people.
speeDemon
wow, you guys get driving permits at 16.... we here in India can only manage to get a 2 wheeler without gear permit... we get a driving license only when we are 18....

and the test here is equal to having no test at all.... the examiner himself does'nt care about the test.. he pretty much tells the answer himself... quite a stupid test. my sister took it recently..

but still, we have to wait till we're 18.... Sad

though we can make a false one, or drive without one too...., but i prefer to wait...
Ghost900
In Minnesota a permit is $15-$20 or something. I don't know where you live but if it is anything over $50 that's terrible.

Actually we can get a permit at 15 and a license at 16. I waited until I was 18 before I got my license though.
pll
yeah it was easy enough I had 30 right answers out of 32 !
I still need to drive with someone else (which owns a real license) but I could go for my real license soon, if I find some time.
deanhills
pll wrote:
yeah it was easy enough I had 30 right answers out of 32 !
I still need to drive with someone else (which owns a real license) but I could go for my real license soon, if I find some time.
That is awesome! Congratulations and well done. I know how difficult those tests can be, not so much in the questions, but the multiple answers that are so close together. Most people need to redo the test and you did it the first time round, good stuff!
cadrpr
Online California Driving Permit Course - Enroll CA DMV approved California Driving Permit online course and get your California Learners Permit. Getting a California Driving Permit has never been this easy before.

Online California Driving Permit Course Cost: $59.50
nilsmo
Man I really need to start practicing my driving. I've had a learner's permit for a while now and need dozens of hours in order to get a provisional.
tony
Congrats! It's an exciting time of one's life I think Smile Driving gives one much mobility and independence, imo.

As for the test, just be nice to the instructor and follow all the rules. Don't worry Smile
natilovesmike
Congratulations!!

You will do OK in the test...its really not that hard, I had to take the test when I moved here to the US and I thought the questions part was easy, like somebody else said...a lot of common sense really.

Good luck!
soljarag
since this thread is 3 years old, and the last few postes didnt read... ill ask how many tickets did u get since this thread?
Diablosblizz
I hope you all know this is 3 years old, he's probably had his license for a while now.