FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just got account

AffroThund3r
Hi,

Just got my account - http://www.grfx.frih.net.

When I try and log in at http://www.grfx.frih.net:2222 or through the IP address that I was provided with I get a connection error in my web browser.
I cannot connect through FTP either

Any ideas?
Ta
mathiaus
Both work fine for me. Dont forget they may take a while to propegate fully. The email provided an ip alternative which should work otherwise use the http://frih.net:2222 one (same user and pass)
Bondings
Also http://cp.frih.net/ if nothing else works.
AffroThund3r
Awesome, thanks guys
AffroThund3r
Any ideas why I cannot connect to my FTP?!

Ta
Bondings
Your port is blocked by the isp maybe? I have no idea what could cause this.

Maybe try to type "ftp frih.net" in the command screen and look what you get as a response. (start menu, in run type cmd)
AffroThund3r
I've connected to other web space that I've had in the past with WS_FTP with no probs.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\******>ftp ftp.frih.net
> ftp: connect :Unknown error number
ftp>

I have set up port 21 on my router and on my firewall. But no lights are flashing on my router.

Thanks
AFF
Bondings
It's "ftp frih.net" without only one ftp. (not ftp ftp.frih.net)
AffroThund3r
Still getting this:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\*****>ftp frih.net
> ftp: connect :Unknown error number
ftp>

This is really annoying, considering that other FTP accounts have worked without any issues.
n0obie4life
Just lettme confuse myself further.

Try this

Code:
ftp ftp.frih.net
AffroThund3r
I've tried that in one of my previous posts.
Bondings
But you can see your website http://www.grfx.frih.net and control panel right? If yes, that means that your ip wasn't banned from the server.
AffroThund3r
I can see my web site and log into direct admin through http://cp.frih.net

Thanks

P.S. Sorry about this, but FTP access is quite vital too me!! Smile
wumingsden
Try logging in to your ftp account through www.web2ftp.com
AffroThund3r
That site lets me log in, very strange!!

If it helps I am using WS_FTP or Cute FTP to try and log in.

Thanks for the help
wumingsden
AffroThund3r wrote:

Thanks for the help

Its more than likely a FireWall. Sometimes FTP works for me, sometimes doesn't. www.web2ftp.com however always works for me which shows that its got to be a firewall, or maybe my IP's block.
I would recommend using www.web2ftp.com over any software.
Blaster
wumingsden wrote:
AffroThund3r wrote:

Thanks for the help

Its more than likely a FireWall. Sometimes FTP works for me, sometimes doesn't. www.web2ftp.com however always works for me which shows that its got to be a firewall, or maybe my IP's block.
I would recommend using www.web2ftp.com over any software.

I use the same and like it a lot. I would reccomend that too. Try using that with your ftp account. I can't think of why the other wouldn't work. Did you try it from another computer?
AffroThund3r
Thanks for the help guys.

Seeing as I can connect to another FTP with the software, I find it hard to understand that it may be a firewall issue or anything else.

I'm trying to upload a number of files that need to stay in various folders and my FTP program would be a massive help for me.

HELP I'm really struggling

AFF
wumingsden
AffroThund3r wrote:
Thanks for the help guys.

Seeing as I can connect to another FTP with the software, I find it hard to understand that it may be a firewall issue or anything else.

I'm trying to upload a number of files that need to stay in various folders and my FTP program would be a massive help for me.

HELP I'm really struggling

AFF

The below instructions will automatically unzip a zipped file !!!

If you follow these instructions then it'll be really simple:

1 -
Compress all of your files/folders into *.zip, *.tar, *.tar.gz or *.tgz format

2 -
Go to www.web2ftp.com

3 -
At the first login box enter your server, username and password info, (the server can be in IP format or like the following; ftp.mezmorizing.frih.net)

4 -
Go to the location you want to go by clicking on the appropiate text, (to go to the public_html directory double-click "public_html" for example)

5 -
Half-way down the page on the right hand side you'll see "ZIP-Upload:". Click browse to select the compressed file then press upload.

A little window will then open up telling you the percent complete, (note that you may need to scroll up a little to see it).
If you were to upload the complete phpBB2 2.0.19 forum then it would take less than 15 minutes.

***Note that sometimes it will say "Server Error"....
(When this happens about 5% of the time the connection is for some reason cut short so double-check wether all of the files have been uploaded).

***Also note that you cannot delete files via Web2FTP so you will have to do it yourself through cPanel/DirectAdmin, etc. You can however "Edit", "Rename", "Move", "CHMOD", Download files/folders via "Get" and make a new directory via "mkdir".
AffroThund3r
Thanks for the help, trying it now!! Smile
Daniel15
Hi,
Does running
Code:
ftp 216.32.85.170

work for you?
AffroThund3r
Nope,

I really cant understand it, I can log into other accounts I have elsewhere through FTP.

The web2tp.com site is good but I would much prefer being able to use on of my FTP programs.

Thanks
wumingsden
AffroThund3r wrote:
Nope,

I really cant understand it, I can log into other accounts I have elsewhere through FTP.

The web2tp.com site is good but I would much prefer being able to use on of my FTP programs.

Thanks

Oh, well can't do nothing then. it has to be something with your PC. Rather a firewall is blocking the connection, (note that when you disable a firewall the firewall is still doing some protecting; also note that most PC's have their own firewall) or your IP adress is blocked somehow (note that bondings says your IP address isn't blocked) which means that the first option is probably the answer.
AffroThund3r
I connect to the net through a router, but have opened up port 21 on that. Any other settings that I should double check?
n0obie4life
http://filezilla.sourceforge.net

Use that, enable PASSIVE mode.
AffroThund3r
I've tried that, thanks, still doesn't work!! Smile
engeland
just outa curiosity... are you on wifi? as in wireless broadband. I have the same problem as you, and i found out i really cant coz the connection in my dorm is firewalled. Very Happy

are you within a campus?
Blaster
But there are ways around firewalls. I don't know if you happend to look or not but there are. Some are found right on the forum. Check it out and see if that works.