FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best all in one Codec pack

dude_xyx
K-Lite Mega

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

This codec packincludes the widely used codecs suchas DivX, QuickTime altanative,RealPlayer Alternative and much more.You can simply use all these movie extentions in windows Media player with this codec pack.
bigzero
Yup, that's a pretty good codec pack although I remember having some issues with avi files and Explorer. There is a better solution though. VideoLan player (VLC) - plays pretty much every video file. I think over the last few years I've run into only one or two that did not show video. If that does happen and it's an avi file, you can always use GSpot to find the right codec and install it separatelly. I find that this way you have less problems with them.
adidasx
I use all-in-one codec pack and It never failed me
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

Domen
cheeta
yup.. those r pretty good codek pack... may be a must have...
greendayonline.co.nr
i installded the K-Lite codec pack...and was really pleased with it...that was until i started converting avi to video_ts for dvds using winAVI...but it stopped all of the converts half way through and gave me an error warning about codecs and stuff...but i unistalled the codec pack and then tried winAVI again with the same file/s and it worked perfectly so ...UMmmmm
martindecorte
I've been using ffdshow since a long long time, and it has always been working very well.
It also has specific plugins for some video editing softs, like VobSub and others.
dxhunter
K-lite codec pack is very usefull no need any config only setup and run all avi file Wink
m_furquan36
I use the Klite codec pack to my hearts contempt! and dont find it a problem at all...

but the first time i installed it, it started giving me problems with my dvd playback, probably cuz i didnt know what i was doing when i selected the components(codecs) that I wanted to install, and ultimately messed up the combinations, rendering my computers multimedia capabilities useless.

I could watch a decent dvd in peace, and another problem was my audio used to come out very low in amplitude, and thus i had to rev up my speakers volume to hear the movie better, which ofcourse resulted in an annoying **hiss** sound whilst the movie was playing

but not i used the *lots of stuff* option in the klite pack (after reinstalling) and all is well!!! Cool
dz9c
Wait, so which should someone get? All I have related to this is the latest Divx Create Bundle stuff (v6.11)
Alienz
I used this codec pack too. It is very good.
FriBogdan
I've used it but i didn't like it. It doesn't have a documentation for the codecs that uses. Hm... and some dedicated codecs give u a much better image than ffdshow. I've tried to configure ffdshow and it has good functions but...the quality doesn't grows that much like when u are using the original codec for a divx or a xvid movie....
Yeah....u can view almost every movie with this single codec...but i prefer the dedicated codec for each encoding. Use AceMegaCodecPack...it has all the codec's separately.
AhmedSalmanJamal
bigzero wrote:
Yup, that's a pretty good codec pack although I remember having some issues with avi files and Explorer. There is a better solution though. VideoLan player (VLC) - plays pretty much every video file. I think over the last few years I've run into only one or two that did not show video. If that does happen and it's an avi file, you can always use GSpot to find the right codec and install it separatelly. I find that this way you have less problems with them.

VLC does play almost every file except for WMV and RealPlayer files...GSpot is definitely the right place to go... I agree with your suggestions Smile
dude_xyx
I ve stared using K-Lite mostly becouse I dont like original real time player and quicktime player they both suxs and real player is teh worst. and I still havent notised any problem with that.
cubi
All the large codec packs give outrageous numbers of never heard of codecs, completely useless. I use codec6010allin1. small, basic and all you need, without stuffing up RealPlayer.
Akselus
Very good codec pack, i personaly use K-Little Mega Codec Pack, lots of usefull tools, encoding and decoding for all codecs
Traveller
The Matroska Full Pack is pretty cool, too: http://packs.matroska.org/
bladeron
k-lite codecs is the best!!
no problems at all and it can play any movie or video file that i have on my comp

i did try ace mega codecs pack, but was really disappointed.........many of my videos didn't run,

so everyone, just go for k-lite codec
kelvinpoon
It's useful!!
after installation,WinAVI Video Converter work perfectly!i can encode any file to the type i want.
dxhunter
What you need codec ? You download only this. Codec Pack are good but your windows open to slowly. You need Divx get only divx. My windows not must need format for Codec Pack and a lot of fonts Confused
quartz
Im also using K-Lite codec pack. also i install Stinky's MPEG-2 Codec because havent found any codec pack with DVD decoder
eternalwarriors
hi

at he moment i use k-lite codec pack..
it's very useful and there are no problems
ii guess it#s the best codec pack...

mfg
exarkun
Me too! I uses K-lite Mega Codec Pack and I am happy with it so far. It gives me no problem. Wink
oskuro
K-lite here too Wink Wink
Talk2Tom11
k-lite is def. the best codec pack around. Make that when downloading codec's you get a pack that contains many different apps and not just one... this way you can play all the different formats... divx, xvid, etc.
win66
K-Lite Mega code pack is very useful for many people,it is very good.
wapkralj
of course,it is the best free,also i used long time,and every damn file or type i tried to open alway success ,yeah Smile best ever made
megamass
dude_xyx wrote:
K-Lite Mega

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

This codec packincludes the widely used codecs suchas DivX, QuickTime altanative,RealPlayer Alternative and much more.You can simply use all these movie extentions in windows Media player with this codec pack.

i have to agree with you. everything you need you get from it and no need to search google for some codecs...
shwetanshu
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack rox for me
Darius
Well i'm using it very long time now. Had some problems, but there are improving every time and now about a year i had no problems at all. All files are recognized and no errors pop-up. Thumbs up for KLiteMega
Indyan
I am using Ace Codec pack. But i dont recomend it.
brad31337
I would reccommend the storm codec pack, I'm yet to find a video I can't play with it. It comes with media player classic
Quote:
As a addon & enhance of Windows Media Player, Storm Codec provide a solution to most popular media files, streams and VCD/DVD, it can play RealMedia, QuickTime, MPEG-4 (DivX, XviD, 3ivx, MP4, FFGS, H264...), MPEG-2, HDTV, AC3/DTS/LPCM, VP3/VP6, Theora, TTL2, Subtitles, OGG/OGM, Matroska, APE, FLAC, AAC, MPC, Voxware, FLC, 3GP/AMR... without any other Media Player

It's really good
Brad
driftingfe3s
I recomend the Combined Community Codec Pack.

I used the K-Lite codec pack, but in some of my newer anime, videos wrapped using H.264 and ACC for audio, the sound would come out all funky, even VLC player had the same problem with the audio.

The Combined Community Codec Pack solved the audio problem, and thats what I'm using now.
icedrakon
I am using k-lite too...
T believe it is full...
ngochao
I've used it but i didn't like it. It doesn't have a documentation for the codecs that uses. Hm... and some dedicated codecs give u a much better image than ffdshow. I've tried to configure ffdshow and it has good functions but...the quality doesn't grows that much like when u are using the original codec for a divx or a xvid movie....
Yeah....u can view almost every movie with this single codec...but i prefer the dedicated codec for each encoding. Use AceMegaCodecPack...it has all the codec's separately