FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla creates only apache

devroom
Since a couple of months i use joomla. And after some playing with it all the files joomla installs have gid / uid APACHE

As the gid / uid is apache, i ,as a normal user, cant change or delete anything of that map. So every time there's some install bug i have to ask bondings to delete the map or change the settings.

In the settings file the settings for creation of files and maps is set at "server's standard".

If u need more info please say

Does someone knows how to fix this bug or is it a wrong server setting?
marioflory
Nobody knows the answer?
I experienced exactly the same problem....
It is annoying, because you cannot delete the files created my apache. In my case I have a script that creates thumbnails, which cannot be deleted to save space.. Sad I'm sure there is anybody out there that knows a solution.... Noone?

So long..
djclue917
devroom wrote:
Since a couple of months i use joomla. And after some playing with it all the files joomla installs have gid / uid APACHE

As the gid / uid is apache, i ,as a normal user, cant change or delete anything of that map. So every time there's some install bug i have to ask bondings to delete the map or change the settings.

In the settings file the settings for creation of files and maps is set at "server's standard".

If u need more info please say

Does someone knows how to fix this bug or is it a wrong server setting?

You could configure Joomla! to CHMOD 0777 all files that will be created in the future (this does not affect already existing files) so that even you will have full access to files/folders owned by Apache.

You may also want to read this:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14867.html