FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Two Suggestions; for MarketPlace and Suggestions forum

Do think these suggesions are good ?
Yes, both of them
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
None of them
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Yes, the marketPlace one
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Yes, the suggestion forums one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

wumingsden
First Suggestion:

I think a tag system should be put into place for the marketPlace. I originally got the idea i think from n0obie4life, with the [sql],[php], etc, tags.
It may help users if the tags [buy] and [sell] were used in the topic title so before entering the thread they'll know what the basics of the post will be. For example, the thread here was named "Web Templates? 50-70FRI$$$". The only indication to show that its a [buy] thread is the question mark which can be easily mistaken/missed. If this would come into place then it'll be named something like:

[buy]WebTemplate, 50-70Frih$

Second Suggestion:

My other suggestion relates to the Suggestions forum, (and maybe others but I can't really see it apply there).
I think every suggestion must have a poll, like this thread here. This will show who is in favour of it very quickly rather than looking at all the posts.
Every thread located in this forum will have the question "Do you think that this suggestion is good or bad?". The only answers will be "Good" and "Bad", so only one suggestion can be applied to oen thread, meaning that if it is put into place this thread will be displayed wrong.
Jack_Hammer
The first suggestion would come in useful, though the second your suggestion might not need a poll...
SunburnedCactus
It would be fine except most of the Suggestions topucs are repeats which get closed pretty quick anyway. And it doesn't especially matter how many people are in favour of something if Bondings doesn't want it...
wumingsden
That is why the thread "Thing that you MUST not SUGGEST -- READ BEFORE POSTING!" is there, to stop people suggesting things that have already been turned down
Blaster
The first idea you stole from my forum here :p

The second one will not be usefull because people would abuse it. I do like the first one though.. since it was my idea.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
The first idea you stole from my forum here :p

The second one will not be usefull because people would abuse it. I do like the first one though.. since it was my idea.

Acutally I stole it from n0obie4life and adapted it a bit Very Happy I didn't recognise that thread in your forum.
How can people abuse it ? Its just a simple yes/no poll. (I got the original idea I think from phpbb.com)
Blaster
People would just simply vote to vote. To see who is winning.
n0obie4life
It'll be too much of a hassle to do the second.

Just looking at the replies will do.
wumingsden
n0obie4life wrote:
It'll be too much of a hassle to do the second.

Just looking at the replies will do.

What about the first one ?

@Blaster: "People would just simply vote to vote. To see who is winning" Do you mean that people will vote to see the results ? Because there is text named "view results" that you click to see the results without voting