FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dream Theater

eliasr
Dream Theater is a progressive metal band, as i really like to lissen at,

They play verry good on instuments, and it's not easy to play it after, then do they also got alot of good texts.
Some people would say from the start of the first 10 sec, that they are bad, but the songs can be up to 15 minutes, so people should give it a try.

the lastes cd is Octavarium from 2005

the official site for Dream Theater is

http://www.dreamtheater.net/

there are lyrics on

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Dream-Theater-lyrics/FDD984396EC459FA48256A22000E04C9

write what you think about the band
SunburnedCactus
Dream Theater are a fine, fine band. Though I would recommend their earlier stuff to any listeners, I'm not a big fan of their most recent releases.
XeRo
i think its the best progressive band, I went to a DT concert and was fuc**** amazing, really great...

Dream Theater - Honor Thy Father
eliasr
i only got some of the old albums: Train of Thought , Falling Into Infinity , Scenes From A Memory.

they are pretty sad songs, but it got a lot of contents in it, i think i did find out what there happnede in scenes from A memory, but im not sure,

it took me alot of time, (im danish) to understand the connection, but i guess, that se get killed, (as heard in finally free, does the killer run away) a widness heard the shot and get there, a man with a gun (probetly nicholas) as make suicide , but they sing that they found a note in the killers pocket, it's confuseing, anyone as can see a connection in this album ?
SunburnedCactus
eliasr wrote:
i only got some of the old albums: Train of Thought , Falling Into Infinity , Scenes From A Memory.

they are pretty sad songs, but it got a lot of contents in it, i think i did find out what there happnede in scenes from A memory, but im not sure,

it took me alot of time, (im danish) to understand the connection, but i guess, that se get killed, (as heard in finally free, does the killer run away) a widness heard the shot and get there, a man with a gun (probetly nicholas) as make suicide , but they sing that they found a note in the killers pocket, it's confuseing, anyone as can see a connection in this album ?

As a concept album it is all built around a story. Basically the main character gets hypnotised into a regressive state, where he remembers the past life of a alcoholic man who caught his wife cheating with his brother. He then kills both of them, but stages it so that it looks like his brother killed the woman then commited suicide out of guilt (thus the suicide note). Then he realises how it relates to his own life, and thats about it (though the last scene on the dvd seems to show the hypnotherapist coming to get him!).

Ok, maybe it's a little confusing. Wink
XeRo
Scenes from a memory, Great Album and Great Scenes from NY DVD, eliasr, Train of Thought is the penultimate Dream Theater Album... Not so old, You have to listen the octavarium, great album, kind of experimental.

Les Luthiers - La Bella y Graciosa Mosa
dingdong666
Have all their albums.. DT kicks any other progressive band's ass.

Mike Portnoy is my Guru Very Happy
eliasr
then should i go vesit my brother, he got them all too. they are really great.

they was also in Denmark, and i did want to see them, but because of the vacation in germany, it was a bit impossible. so i hope to see them next time