FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

whats the next wave ? .info or .biz ?

dude_xyx
. com dominate the domain name world and it wont change for ever[at least not for a very long time].so next is .net and .org. But which would be the next massive hit ? .onfo , .biz or .us ??!!
assex
It can be .info or .biz. Then again, I think .net is very dominant though .org is not at all popular. .gov and .edu are simply useless according to me.
I guess everything of this sort doesn't matter as long as you have a domain-name online and on the World Wide Web!
boringest
.gov can only be bought by govt agencies isn't it? I think it's good to have .gov

also for .edu it's for recognised educational institutions which is also good.

I think .info is pretty useless that's why ppl are giving them out for free, .biz sounds good, but most companies prefer .com anyway.

i think .tv will be the one dominating the future, since TV's gonna be broadcasted thru' the internet in the future.
manumiglani
well none of .biz and .info are going to rule the internet now. there are new cool extentions like .bz and i think they are already creating a ripple in the market.
Rhysige
and we wont just keep using .com .net .org because..... ? theres no need for a "Next wave" and there wont be one, we overuse .com since its supposed to be for commercial groups and everyone sees .com as being great, sporting groups and Non Profit groups should use .org non commercial groups .net
heady233
Rhysige wrote:
and we wont just keep using .com .net .org because..... ? theres no need for a "Next wave" and there wont be one, we overuse .com since its supposed to be for commercial groups and everyone sees .com as being great, sporting groups and Non Profit groups should use .org non commercial groups .net

Because they will eventually run out. Probally not this century though. Laughing
Scorpio
Where exactly are we getting free .info. If anybody could tell me.
Blaster
After .net i think there will be another one out there. If you think about what domain names really stand for it makes sences. .com is comunication .net is network .org is organization .info is information and .biz is bissuness. So really it all depends on the domain. They will probley be a new one out when all is said and done.
Strathmer
I get what the domains are for but why cant they have just one? I think it would be a lot more simple to just put on your home page if you're a companie trying to make a profit (.com).
SamiTheBerber
Strathmer wrote:
I get what the domains are for but why cant they have just one? I think it would be a lot more simple to just put on your home page if you're a companie trying to make a profit (.com).

It helps people to locate country where company or person is and language which is used. For example my home town is good to have http://www.lohja.fi, because it is in Finland. It is a bit messy if there is only one ending. http://www.lohja.finland.com (not real uri!!) is too long...
Blaster
That would be a subdomain name then. Yes it is a lot easier. Like the United States has .US just not to many people know about it.
dude_xyx
Well Even each TLD has its own purpose , its not what happens in practise otherwise there wouldnt be a domain name market. like sex.com was auctioned for 12 million Dollars. you value your Domain by the keyword which its originated. its all about earning money now and how people search keywords in search enignes.
selim06
i think .biz!!!And in the Turkey absolutely .biz because "biz" means "we" in Turkish and we like it!