FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Printer Problem..

ustazhus
i've bought 2 Canon 200SP Printers, but both of them just function smoothly by couple of month..

anybody, please give any suggestion, should i throw it away or not ? Coz it reallly make me crazy.... Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad
arch23
no warranty? if not i guess the repair will cost like a new one. but it's really hard to tell what's wrong. give more details.
ocalhoun
Printer troubleshooting 101:
1- Make sure the computer is okay and using the correct drivers.
2- Change ink cartriges
3- Throw away

Repairing printers is just not cost effective. (Sometimes it's even cheaper to buy a new printer than to replace the ink cartrages in an old one.)
Camel
Yeh, throw away old one and bought a new Cool
Clash
ustazhus wrote:
i've bought 2 Canon 200SP Printers, but both of them just function smoothly by couple of month..

anybody, please give any suggestion, should i throw it away or not ? Coz it reallly make me crazy.... Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

That's a very cheap printer, I always follow the rule that if the cartridges cost the same as the printer, then don't buy it Smile

Canon are normally very good, but pretty much all printer makes fall into the cheap=useless category at some level in their range.

Entry level usually = 'don't print more than 10 pages a month'

If you're printing any kind of volume at all, then buy a laser. Lasers are far cheaper than theyy used to be, and are much more economical to run. Most laser cartridges are good for 3000 pages, and most people are surprised by the amount that they actually print.
tamilchild
Following techniques to be used

1. Check the printer to computer Interface cable

2. Check the printer have any paper jam

3. Printer device driver is properly installed

4. Your printer have proper catridge Laughing
RT Cunningham
I agree with all of the above.

The cheap inkjet printers cost little more than the ink to replace them. Lexmark printers are notorious. I used to buy a new printer when the ink cartridges ran out, usually about 3 months.

I picked up an HP Laserjet 1000 Series for about $185 along with an extra toner cartridge (which was about $40). The reason? The included cartridge in a new laserjet is usually only partially filled. Anyway, the second cartridge lasted more than a year for the piddly amount of stuff that I printed, 4-5 times longer than the ink-type, and cheaper too.

The answer to the original poster's question: Throw them away.