FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


File permissions (Server 1)





Bondings
A topic about the file permissions that were changed after the server crash. You will need to change a few permissions, like the phpbb images/avatars directory to 777.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-235041.html#235041 for a short tutorial.

Normally this should be enough, but if there are any further questions?
matt87
I am having a problem wih my website. My account has been created and everything else is working. Except for when I installed a gallery from Fantastico none of my settings were saved for my databases. I created the database username that was required now it logs in and everything but still getting errors and not sure if its from file permissions or what. The url to the gallery is http://www.mhelo.com/gallery/

This is the error I am getting...

Quote:

Warning: requireonce(/home/matt87/public_html/gallery/modules/core/classes/../../../GIF89a`): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/matt87/public_html/gallery/modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class on line 2505

Fatal error: requireonce(): Failed opening required '/home/matt87/public_html/gallery/modules/core/classes/../../../GIF89a`' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/matt87/public_html/gallery/modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class on line 2505
Bondings
It might be that the GIF89a might be lost. Most likely you will have that file somewhere on your computer? Or just try to extract the cms default installation zip/gzip file on your computer and try to find it. And then upload it again.
NG
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ngrevolution.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.


Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.ngrevolution.frihost.net Port 80

i get tht error :S
Bondings
NG wrote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ngrevolution.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.


Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.ngrevolution.frihost.net Port 80

i get tht error :S

There was a mistake in your .htaccess file apparantly. I now removed it and your website seems to be working fine again.
NG
thnx bondings i love u lol
matt87
Bondings wrote:
It might be that the GIF89a might be lost. Most likely you will have that file somewhere on your computer? Or just try to extract the cms default installation zip/gzip file on your computer and try to find it. And then upload it again.


Its not working, I looked for the file and can't find it.
Bondings
Maybe:
Install the same gallery with fantastico in another directory.
Make a copy of the current modules directory in your gallery.
Replace it with the one from the newly-created gallery, if it doesn't work you can always restore the copy.

Let's hope this works.
erlendhg
I have problems with several php scripts that is not working like it should, after the server crash.

Every files and sql databases are there, but there is still something wrong.

The problem is that I don't get access to the control panels for the scripts. I think it has something to do with the code:

Code:
<form method="post" action="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?>">


The php script uses an include for password protection.
The include checks if the username and password matches the administrator username and password, and if it does, then it sends you to the same site, but now with access.

This WAS working before the crash, but not now anymore. Can it be something wrong with the php installed on the server???
Bondings
erlendhg wrote:
I have problems with several php scripts that is not working like it should, after the server crash.

Every files and sql databases are there, but there is still something wrong.

The problem is that I don't get access to the control panels for the scripts. I think it has something to do with the code:

Code:
<form method="post" action="<?=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?>">


The php script uses an include for password protection.
The include checks if the username and password matches the administrator username and password, and if it does, then it sends you to the same site, but now with access.

This WAS working before the crash, but not now anymore. Can it be something wrong with the php installed on the server???

It seem like your script uses direct variables instead of the GET and POST variables.
Quote:
; You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require
; register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead
; to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of.

The register globals settings is currently set to off after the server crash which is much safer.

You will need to change most likely need $password=$POST_['password'] and the same for the other variables.
erlendhg
Thanks. I just found out that there was a thing called register globals. [url]Php.net[/url] says that I can use $_SESSION instead of session_register to check if the variable that says that the user/password matches.

Thanks very much.

Btw. Are you going to turn on register globals?
Bondings
erlendhg wrote:
Btw. Are you going to turn on register globals?

I really doubt it and will only switch it on if their are lots of problems with it. It can be quite insecure if switched on.
matt87
Bondings wrote:
Maybe:
Install the same gallery with fantastico in another directory.
Make a copy of the current modules directory in your gallery.
Replace it with the one from the newly-created gallery, if it doesn't work you can always restore the copy.

Let's hope this works.


I tried and it didn't do anything. I made a new gallery on http://www.mhelo.com/gal/ then I copied the modules folder from my old gallery and replaced the one to this new one. Still nothing...

How do I go about restoring the copy?
budazz
usign ftp softwares like filezilla is easy to change file permission Very Happy
n0obie4life
This "event" is over Wink.

You cannot recover your data anymore as we have removed the hard disk.

You also should not have any problems regarding File Permissions because of the Server 1 crash.

-close-
Related topics
File upload with PHP, Build an upload database for your site
.htaccess tutorial
File permissions?
Always error in server 2
Moving File Between Server!
Someone teach me about chmod and file permissions
How do I change file permissions??
Internal Server Error
Changing File Permissions
Need help with file permissions for WordPress & plugins
File Permissions Writing/Reading
php script for Changing file permissions & owner
umask, file type dependent?
upload file to server using html form and CGI C
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.