FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Files and databases (server 1)

Bondings
This is a topic for people on server 1 who:

-Already got their account recreated.
-Have a few missing files or databases in their accounts.
-Don't have a copy/backup of those files/databases.
-The files/databases need to be really important.

Please post here what you lost and I will try to contact you (later) and see if I can find the files. This is only for important databases (or files), not a forum database with a few posts that can easily be recreated from scratch.

Only for this please! All other posts will get removed.
n0obie4life
I lost my whole /templates/ folder..and the whole of Bondings World.
Gerardus™
Hi Bondings, i'm sorry to ask but since my site is still gone and i didn't get mail or pm yet, how far are you with the accounts?
Cuz i'm really waiting for it to come back on.
I read topics for people how to do things on their account, but nothing is working yet. I hope you are allmost done with the accounts, i know you must be very busy and that it is a lot of work making everything back in order.
I think Frihost is great, i never had any real troubles with my account so i know everything will be fine soon.
Keep up the good work! Wink
snowboardalliance
Edit, just used an old backup and found the files I was thinking of were ok. Don't worry about my files.
sonam
I have full backup of my site if this can help you I can send it to you. My site is phoenix.frihost.net.

Sonam
Reiji
Gerardus™ wrote:
Hi Bondings, i'm sorry to ask but since my site is still gone and i didn't get mail or pm yet, how far are you with the accounts?
Cuz i'm really waiting for it to come back on.
I read topics for people how to do things on their account, but nothing is working yet. I hope you are allmost done with the accounts, i know you must be very busy and that it is a lot of work making everything back in order.
I think Frihost is great, i never had any real troubles with my account so i know everything will be fine soon.
Keep up the good work! Wink

I can´t either, but since there are people who already can its just a matter of time.

Lets just sit and wait.

My question is: will we receive an pm/email when our account get back or do we need to be checking every 5 minutes?
spider89
My site doesn't work: http://spider89.frihost.net , beguile nothing....

Greetings Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
You will receive a PM once your account has been re-created.
Hoogeveense RAT
I don't have a backup of my database with all soccerplayers, soccerteams, soccerstadiums, soccer referees and soccer coaches. Could you find this for me ? Smile

Thanks in advance
CamiBor
i did all that u said but my database still doesn't working, all my database
files are gone and i dont have a backup what shuld i do? Crying or Very sad

http://www.camibor.frihost.net/forum/
n0obie4life
Hello CamiBor,

I wish you good luck Smile (no, this isn't spam Laughing).

Bye.
adwya
i have a forum

has 500 members
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i dont have any bacup files

and i forget my data base name :cry: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i need my forum
please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

my site is
www.adwya.frihost.net/vb

please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,please,, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

can u upload my files on rapidshare.de Question Question Question and send its link on my private massages???
Hoogeveense RAT
I said earlier in this topic that I lost my database of my website about football with a lot of players, coaches, clubs, stadiums and referees. What I have to do to get this back? Must I PM my databasename and user or will the moderators it re-create automatically.
Bockman
adwya, you should have backups of your files AT ALL TIMES. Bondings is working hard on recovering all user files and recreating all info. unfortunately it isn't 100% sure that all files will be replaced. If the information was saved, he will most surely try and recover it.
Also, start working on your backup plans. best policy would be to have backups (daily/weekly, depending on how much updates your site suffers) downloaded to one of your machines and store it locally.

Hoogeveense RAT wrote:
I said earlier in this topic that I lost my database of my website about football with a lot of players, coaches, clubs, stadiums and referees. What I have to do to get this back? Must I PM my databasename and user or will the moderators it re-create automatically.

You can do it yourself from your database manager in control panel (cPanel or DirectAdmin) to do it urself m8. if you are unconfortable with using it, you can always ask one of the team members to help you through it. This should be done after you have the db file on your account (wich means waiting for the files to be recovered).

Be Well Cool
Hoogeveense RAT
Okay, but first I have to wait when I will get my account back, because It's now not possible to log in to my CPanel
CamiBor
CamiBor wrote:
i did all that u said but my database still doesn't working, all my database
files are gone and i dont have a backup what shuld i do? Crying or Very sad

http://www.camibor.frihost.net/forum/

pliz help anyone? Sad
i want my forum back Crying or Very sad
adwya
[quote="Bockman"]adwya, you should have backups of your files AT ALL TIMES. .
Quote:

i know that is a big mistake from me , but what i can do now?? Crying or Very sad
Quote:

Bondings is working hard on recovering all user files and recreating all info. unfortunately it isn't 100% sure that all files will be replaced. If the information was saved, he will most surely try and recover it
Quote:

i thank Mr. Bondings very much for his efforts , but i thank him more if he recome my forum Crying or Very sad

Also, start working on your backup plans. best policy would be to have backups (daily/weekly, depending on how much updates your site suffers) downloaded to one of your machines and store it locally.

God will , i will do that daily , but my forum recome Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

www.adwya.frihost.net/vb

soryy if m language is not god Embarassed
drpiga
I lost a complete site,did not do a backup ,but it would be nice to login again to my account and building all stuff from zero!
When I can expect return of my account?
Bondings
drpiga wrote:
I lost a complete site,did not do a backup ,but it would be nice to login again to my account and building all stuff from zero!

http://samouk.frihost.net/ seems to be working fine now. Very Happy
infoplanete
Quote:

same here. i cannot login anymore and i did not done backup (my backup is very old). please help me. my files are very important.

my account is infoplanete.frihost.net
i have a domain infoplanete.com

please Bondings help me Rolling Eyes
drpiga
Yes,thanks Bondings,it seems that everything works just perfect Very Happy

Thanks again Very Happy
Jamatu
My account is up and working fine, the databases are also up and intact but all the files have gone and I haven't made a backup ><
Bondings
Jamatu wrote:
My account is up and working fine, the databases are also up and intact but all the files have gone and I haven't made a backup ><

Did you make those files yourself or is it a cms?

If you really need those files and there is no other way to restore or recreate them, then please give me as much information as you can about them (file names, directory names and content/special words) so I can try to search for them.
Jamatu
I was using a modded version of phpbb with nutport portal and itemstats mod there should be a template folder called LBMortaliswow. I was also using a slightly moddifed version of eqDKP /eqdkp/ was the installaton path. I was also using 'wowProfiler' but getting that back isn't so important

They are CMS but modified somewhat which would take me quite a while to fix back up.

I hope this helps you
Bondings
Jamatu wrote:
I was using a modded version of phpbb with nutport portal and itemstats mod there should be a template folder called LBMortaliswow. I was also using a slightly moddifed version of eqDKP /eqdkp/ was the installaton path. I was also using 'wowProfiler' but getting that back isn't so important

They are CMS but modified somewhat which would take me quite a while to fix back up.

I hope this helps you

I'm going to take a look into this in a few days when I have more time. I still have to create a lot of accounts, change settings and other administrative (urgent) things.
Jamatu
Ok, thankyou for your time Bondings.
shwetanshu
my blog at www.shwetz-online.in/blog is still not showing up.... i added an user with the same username and password using which i used to login into wordpress.... any help will be greatly appreciated.... i have back up of the database and also tried to restore it... but after uploading... its stuck on RESTORING DATABASE for like half hour,.
sonam
Thanks Bondings,
my site is up and working fine. I loose only one directory in root what working with subdomain, but now I upload new one. All other is OK! Very Happy

Sonam
shwetanshu
oh my prob has solved with the help of another frnd of mine
Bondings
infoplanete wrote:
same here. i cannot login anymore and i did not done backup (my backup is very old). please help me. my files are very important.

You need to create a new user (on the mysql page) for your xoops database. It needs to have the same password/username as xoops uses, it is probably stored in a config file or something similar. Afterwards you need to add the user to the database. I made a small tutorial about this in the announcement.
Bondings
Camibor, the same for you. Also note that ipb boards are forbidden on Frihost.
CamiBor
Bondings wrote:
infoplanete wrote:

You need to create a new user (on the mysql page) for your xoops database. It needs to have the same password/username as xoops uses, it is probably stored in a config file or something similar. Afterwards you need to add the user to the database. I made a small tutorial about this in the announcement.

yea thats what i did but its still doesnt work for me:
http://www.camibor.frihost.net/forum1/

and sorry i didn't know that ipb its forbidden here
but can u restore it for me ? just for i could back up it and move it for other
server....
jasiek
My site : http://www.jasiek.frihost.net is down...

I cannot login in cpanel and ftp

Any ideas ?
LostOverThere
I too did all that you said to do but my database still doesn't working.

Please Please help me, anyone.

My forum is:

http://www.cheesegames.net/phpBB/
Blaster
jasiek wrote:
My site : http://www.jasiek.frihost.net is down...

I cannot login in cpanel and ftp

Any ideas ?

Look at your points Shocked

They probley didn't bother giving your account back since you had - points.
lpbrasil
Hi, i need the backup of lpbrasil_mambo because i lost my backup. :S
Blaster
lpbrasil wrote:

Sucks to be you. Bondings doesn't keep the backups for you.
shwetanshu
is there some prob with the server?? wenevr i click PREVIOUS ENTRIES or CATEGORIES on my blog www.shwetz-online.in/blog i m getting 404.... the same is here wen i click on NEXT in any topic???
n0obie4life
n0obie4life is providing a service to Frihosters who has problems with the SQL for a reasonable amount of FRIH$.

I'll try to get your forum/mambo working if you would send me your cP password & user Wink.

I can only help you if you already have the database in it.
shwetanshu
lol... i already solved my prob... just got permalinks to default, saved the settings and then again switched back to my desired structure.
kv
Hi,

Looks like my account is almost intact (though I haven't checked it thoroughly) , thanks for hard work of bondings, but I am not able to access any of InnoDB tables. They give error like

#1016 - Can't open file: 'kb_logging.InnoDB'. (errno: 1)

I have 3 databases (knowledge, wiki, kidsdb) with innodb tables and I don't have a backup. Please rectify this (I am guessing this might be just some permission problem).

Regards,
n0obie4life
@camibor

Remove your IPB Forum now.

IPB is banned on Frihost - http://www.frihost.com/tos.php
Bondings
lpbrasil wrote:

Is that database completely not in your phpMyAdmin? And your other databases are?
Jamatu
Bondings, I found a backup of the forums from 17th November 2005 fortunately i've only made a few changes since then so I am able to use the backup. I've also manually re-installed eqDKP and told it to use the database that you restored so you won't need to restore any files for my account! Very Happy

@n0obie4life - Need script! :<
n0obie4life
Jamatu wrote:
@n0obie4life - Need script! :<

Sorry? I don't get what you mean.
Jamatu
The server uptime and mySQL uptime script, your short term memory can't be as bad as mine O.o
Bondings
Jamatu wrote:
Bondings, I found a backup of the forums from 17th November 2005 fortunately i've only made a few changes since then so I am able to use the backup. I've also manually re-installed eqDKP and told it to use the database that you restored so you won't need to restore any files for my account! Very Happy

Ah great! Good news. Very Happy
lpbrasil
Bondings wrote:
lpbrasil wrote:

Is that database completely not in your phpMyAdmin? And your other databases are?

problem fixed thankz
LostOverThere
Hi, All my Databases are still there, and I did what Bondings said. And my phpBB forum still isn't working, if anyone has any idea's, please share.

Thanks.
bdoneck
I'm missing my phpbb database, its name was bdoneck_phpb2
kv
Any updates on the innodb tables problem I described earlier?
Bondings
kv wrote:
Hi,

Looks like my account is almost intact (though I haven't checked it thoroughly) , thanks for hard work of bondings, but I am not able to access any of InnoDB tables. They give error like

I have 3 databases (knowledge, wiki, kidsdb) with innodb tables and I don't have a backup. Please rectify this (I am guessing this might be just some permission problem).

Regards,

Unfortunately it seems like those files might be lost. I can't find a single innodb table on the whole drive at the moment and they aren't in your mysql folder. I'm sorry. Embarassed
Bondings
bdoneck wrote:

It seems like that directory wasn't copied during the recreation of your account or removed afterwards.

Anyway, I copied it now, please check if it works.
Bondings
LostOverThere wrote:
Hi, All my Databases are still there, and I did what Bondings said. And my phpBB forum still isn't working, if anyone has any idea's, please share.

Thanks.

Please provide me with the name of the database and the location of the forum and I'll take a look at it.
Xavier
After recreation of my account, I checked my cpanel & my databse is intact but still I'm not able to access the my forum! Please guide me.
Bondings
You need to recreate the user of the database. Please read the announcement.
bdoneck
Bondings wrote:
bdoneck wrote:

It seems like that directory wasn't copied during the recreation of your account or removed afterwards.

The database and tables are there, but the tables dont have any data or structure, they give this error:
Code:
Can't find file: './bdoneck_phpb2/<Table Name Here>.frm'
LostOverThere
Ok, the database was lostover_phpBB1 and the forum was located in www.cheesegames.net/phpBB/

Thanks for your help,
LostOverThere
Bondings
bdoneck wrote:
Bondings wrote:
bdoneck wrote:

The database and tables are there, but the tables dont have any data or structure, they give this error:
Code:

Could you please provide me with the url of the forum to check it out? Because I can access that database in phpMyAdmin without any problems/errors.
Bondings
LostOverThere wrote:
Ok, the database was lostover_phpBB1 and the forum was located in www.cheesegames.net/phpBB/

Thanks for your help,
LostOverThere

LostOverThere, I think I know what your problem is. The username_ is always added before the database and the database username if you create a new user/database on the mysql page in cpanel.

So for that database, you need to create a new user and fill in as username "phpb1" and the "lostover_" will be added in front of it resulting in "lostover_phpb1".

If you want, I can do that for you, but I think it is better if you learn how to do it yourself as you might need it for the future.
Bondings
If there is anyone else still having problems or if I seem to have skipped your post, please alert me of it.
bdoneck
Bondings wrote:
bdoneck wrote:
Bondings wrote:
bdoneck wrote:

Code:

Could you please provide me with the url of the forum to check it out? Because I can access that database in phpMyAdmin without any problems/errors.

Hmmm...very odd, it doesn't give me the error anymore in phpmyadmin, but my forums were configured to temporarily use a different database which had no data in it.

Thank you Bondings!
Bondings
Bdoneck, I moved the files yesterday. For some reason they weren't moved. Anyway, please post again if you continue to have problems with it.
LostOverThere
Ok thanks Bondings.

Hmmm....how i'm doing it doesn't seem to be working, lets just run through this:

I have to create a new user, name it phpb1 and add it to the data base phpb1 it will work...right? Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong.
ashen
Hi Bondings!
I have a trouble with my databases. My SQL useage now are 1,61 M, but the last time I see the usegae before the server crashed are (at least) 5M.
Can you help me?
Bondings
LostOverThere wrote:
Ok thanks Bondings.

Hmmm....how i'm doing it doesn't seem to be working, lets just run through this:

I have to create a new user, name it phpb1 and add it to the data base phpb1 it will work...right? Hmmm...I must be doing something wrong.

What you were doing is putting lostover_phpb1 as username instead of phpb1. If you want, I can do it for you.
Bondings
ashen wrote:
Hi Bondings!
I have a trouble with my databases. My SQL useage now are 1,61 M, but the last time I see the usegae before the server crashed are (at least) 5M.
Can you help me?

Ashen, this might be due to a lot of reasons. However, is your website running fine. Because if it is, then there should be no reason to be worried.
LostOverThere
Errr...yes please Bondings.
Thank-you.
kv
Bondings wrote:
kv wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Unfortunately it seems like those files might be lost. I can't find a single innodb table on the whole drive at the moment and they aren't in your mysql folder. I'm sorry. Embarassed

I am trying to put the data again from scratch, but it is not even allowing me to either delete the tables or the databases. Please remove these databases (knowledge, wiki, kidsdb) from my account.
statusfashions
i have recreated my username and password for my database but still it shows
0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED
please help:
My site: statusfashions.frihost.net
The database is for site: statusfashions.frihost.net/status
it was a zencart ecommerce site.
Please help.
ashen
Bondings wrote:

Ashen, this might be due to a lot of reasons. However, is your website running fine. Because if it is, then there should be no reason to be worried.

Um... the database files are still exist, but it wont appear on my web. I have about 20 members of my fanlisting that used one database, when I go to member area the memberlist is blank and the member count is 0.
What should I do?
kv
kv wrote:
Bondings wrote:
kv wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

I am trying to put the data again from scratch, but it is not even allowing me to either delete the tables or the databases. Please remove these databases (knowledge, wiki, kidsdb) from my account.

Please please please remove these databases (knowledge, wiki, kidsdb) from my account
Bondings
kv wrote:
Please please please remove these databases (knowledge, wiki, kidsdb) from my account

I removed them now.
Bondings
LostOverThere wrote:
Errr...yes please Bondings.
Thank-you.

I just did it, sorry for the delay.
Bondings
ashen wrote:
Um... the database files are still exist, but it wont appear on my web. I have about 20 members of my fanlisting that used one database, when I go to member area the memberlist is blank and the member count is 0.
What should I do?

Which database is it and can you see it in phpMyAdmin?
ashen
Bondings wrote:

Which database is it and can you see it in phpMyAdmin?

Yes, I can see it in phpMyAdmin. The database is : ashen_fangame.
And, there also same case with other database : ashen_fanime.
LostOverThere
Thanks Bondings, I could hug you - I owe you one.
vignesh_natraj
Bondings you are doing a great job but concentrate more on security
please try to void server crashes in the future
statusfashions
due to my collg exams i havent been able to check the site lately. please solve my problem.
my site is statusfashions.frihost.net
i had recreated the user for my database.
please help.it is a zencart ecommerce site.
thanks.
regards,
Bondings
statusfashions wrote:
due to my collg exams i havent been able to check the site lately. please solve my problem.
my site is statusfashions.frihost.net
i had recreated the user for my database.
please help.it is a zencart ecommerce site.
thanks.
regards,

You need to make one with the exact same username/password as before. However, don't fill in yourusername_ before the username. You only need to fill in the part behind it.
n0obie4life
This "event" is over Wink.

You cannot recover your data anymore as we have removed the hard disk.

-close-