FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

That's enough google...

Seregwethrin
Arrow That's really enough!!!
madsencarl
That's REALLY cool. But yeh, Google is kinda going over the top with all their services.
Seregwethrin
Please someone stop Google! Smile
pll
Really ? Do this is really necessary ?
Who know where google find his money to make that ?
n0obie4life
lol.

LOOK, I SAW E.T.!

eheheheh..
carlokes
LOLOL...come on guys...nowadays who is the bad guy?
Its not Google its Microsoft but the day will come when Google will be the bad monopolizer guy that will be sued for any reason Razz

BTW im not a Micro$oft fan Razz
BTW2: check this site out Razz http://elgoog.rb-hosting.de/index.cgi
Jack_Hammer
As he said, M$ are the true evil!
{name here}
Really. Who's going to use this in the real world? NASA has all the maps they need.
[quot]All right I have to take a left at the face....[/quote]
Vrythramax
*sigh*....I suppose it was inevitable, Google can't gain world dominance as long as M$ is around so they are branching out into outer space...."the final frontier". I have heard of reaching for the stars, but this is a bit of overkill.
SNES350
If they want to keep pushing out new/different services, more power to them. I haven't used their news service for more than 10 seconds (quick look through and I lost interest). froogle I also haven't used (this one I took half a second to decide I won't use it). Some of their services besides search have been very useful for me - images has helped with many a school project. Video is good for a quick laugh.
Blaster
A list of up coming google invetions.

Google slicer. It cuts up all of your internet meat.
Google compass. Don't leave home without it.
Google rock. It doesn't do anything.
Google dog. Take care of your own online dog.
Google chair. You can set on it.
Google food. Its ooglefied.
Google sand. Be at the beach without going to the beach.
Google ball. You can have a catch with it.

Just the more things available soon.
hahame
cool ,this is my first see the mars pic . it is beauty
Soulfire
Well, last I knew, quite a few people were intrested in outer space and celestial bodies, stars, and other things. Perhaps instead of playing with their telescope, they can now use the internet and see it much closer than ever before.

To me, it's pretty neat.
Gerardus™
Blaster wrote:
A list of up coming google invetions.

Google slicer. It cuts up all of your internet meat.
Google compass. Don't leave home without it.
Google rock. It doesn't do anything.
Google dog. Take care of your own online dog.
Google chair. You can set on it.
Google food. Its ooglefied.
Google sand. Be at the beach without going to the beach.
Google ball. You can have a catch with it.

Just the more things available soon.

This is very funny Blaster and not far from the truth, but i have to say it all looks great doesn't it?
Even close ups from craters and stuff. I didn't even know this site excisted.
Google will try anything if they want to stay on top of everything!
Thanks for sharing this url with us, i will visit it a lot i think.
corey
Gerardus™, you said what I was thinking. That was a funny bunch of suppositions! And I thought that my Google Rock was just sleeping!
ebkari
are you kidding? i'd work for google in a heart beat. their working conditions are better than starbucks; they have recreational games every day and take naps and shit.
jaysen
oh look, i can see my house from here... Laughing
Scotty Too Hotty
Well what can i say, this is definatly a first lol, but very cool at that. I doubt that i will ever use it unless for some odd reason i would have a project to do on mars!
izimngcubes15
Coming out with too much can end up in failure.. Compltere failure... Confused
Nameless
pll wrote:

Who know where google find his money to make that ?

The spawn of the devil. Microsoft's grandson. COMPUTER ADVERTISING!
Alienz
Now Google is everywhere. Even in the mars Razz
windval
cool~~~~

ha ha~~~

it is really enough~~~

google is crazy~~

first is earth

and then mars

and what next??

moon?

neptune?

jupiter?

or sun??

ha ha

google is really funny~~
thiamshui
LOL.. i dont quite like it though.. prefer it to b jux in it's original colours.. or perhaps make it a 'globe' where we can turn it round n round... Well, i guess we don't really need it.. Google is coming out with useful stuff, n lots of crap stuff as well..

Let's wait for Google Sun.. they should send a rover there and see what happens..
abone
Any website cannot catch Google..Go google go...
FrightKnight
Seregwethrin wrote:

O my... maybe they are about to release a map of Middle Earth? The map in Diablo? Map of Neverwinter? My goodness.. As if people care about how to travel/ where to go on Mars... Come on.
Hogwarts
FrightKnight wrote:
Seregwethrin wrote:

O my... maybe they are about to release a map of Middle Earth? The map in Diablo? Map of Neverwinter? My goodness.. As if people care about how to travel/ where to go on Mars... Come on.

It's not about travelling to Mars, and it's the same software as that used for Google Maps. Basically, I can't see any significant problem to simply adding the imagery for Mars-- the program already existed, anyway.

Also, 100 Frih$ to the first person to spot Bondings Shocked
Arty
Bondings is on Mars? =O

Anyway I like google. Smile
deanhills
Hogwarts wrote:
FrightKnight wrote:
Seregwethrin wrote:

It's not about travelling to Mars, and it's the same software as that used for Google Maps. Basically, I can't see any significant problem to simply adding the imagery for Mars-- the program already existed, anyway.

Bondings on Mars Shocked
My first impression Mars is truly beautiful ... thanks Google. The colours are amazing. No greens though. But I love the sunshine colours. Instead of mountains it seems to have pocket mark type craters, sort of the closest to green colour. Who knows, maybe Bondings is in one of them Smile
Vrythramax
Hogwarts wrote:

Careful, just cuz you don't see Bondings doesn't mean he isn't watching. Wink

He's kind of like ET meets Santa Clause...he knows who naughty and who's nice...and he's green. Razz
skygaia
I konw Google is the most famous web site over the world. It's very shock when google was shown at first. it looks very simple but so powerful to search somethin on line. Now it became a legend. it means it has lots of fans with great loyalty.
I think some search engine might be better than google. but it's not matter any more. it's like Coca Cola. I don't say the coca cola tastes better than other colas. and so do you, I think.
as time goes on, google has been getting better and better. but it's not revolutionary. I think I, or you, have got used to it.... Laughing
apple
oooo....go google!! whooo hoooo

as a complete fan of google earth, I appreciate this Embarassed
mwsupra
Well at least I can plan out the location of my future Mars house.
LostOverThere
This was most likely done during Google's famous 20% time, where employee's get to work on whatever they want for the equivalent of one day a week. Most of Google's so called "strange" services start out this way.
Parkour_Jarrod
Methinks it will be over the top when it gives point A to point B directions for walking and cars with google.mars
tony
Seregwethrin wrote:

I think it's kind of cool. Am I the only one??
goutha
I don't understand why you are saying that it's enough.

I think that it's interesting, but not necessarily cool as several said here.

Now, what's the usefulness of such a product?
Ryox
Only thing I like about google is the image hosting, and the search engine, the rest they can go screw off for all I care. XD They're nothing but lazy trying to overtake microsoft, if microsoft wasn't around they wouldn't even be in bussiness.
Agent ME
I'm surprised no one else here has mentioned Google Moon yet Razz
rockacola
Seregwethrin wrote:

I was wrong when I said Google is trying to take over the world...

... they actually trying to dominate the entire universe Crying or Very sad
Dean_The_Great
I like Google. I like it a lot. But I do fear the day when Google becomes evil, like Wal-mart or something... that will be a sad day.
spring567
Google is a power searcher !
Asap170
Heck if your tired of Google jump right over to www.Bing.com "Bing and Decide" - Microsoft Corp. I really liked the mars photo. I don't think they are going overboard. They probrally helping people and people like us discover what astronauts can see and everything.
sondosia
OK, guys, what's all this talk about Google "turning evil"? Since when is it so black-and-white, what's "good" and what's "evil"? I mean, I'm not a huge fan of Microsoft. I don't like how closed they are, or how annoying Windows is sometimes. But you have to admit that Microsoft did MUCH more good in the world than it did bad. It brought computing to the masses because Windows was so easy to use. It improved on existing word processors and other office software. It made it easy for schools and businesses to operate networks. It released some awesome gadgets (have you seen the Zune? That thing's sweet!), made it easy for students and professionals to create documents (I still haven't found any software that does collaboration and citations better than MS Word), and, hell, made it possible for little kids all over the world to draw with their computers (yay Paint).

One thing Microsoft does that everybody seems to think is "evil" is making money. And, when people talk about GOOGLE turning "evil", generally they're talking about Google's attempts to make more money. Guess what! You make money too! If that's so "evil", you should probably quit your job, cuz I don't know how you're going to live with yourself otherwise.

C'mon, people. Microsoft and Google are companies. Companies hire workers, make products, and earn money. That's all. They're not "good" or "evil". They're just ways for people to have jobs and get products they need.
Arty
What's next?

Google Sol? (Solar system)

Google Milky Way? Google Galaxy?

x_x
goutha
When you are a huge compagny with alot of cash and almost no dept, you have to find new ways to invest and spend your cash. That's what google is trying to do.
Ghost900
Google? Is that some new company? I don't think I have heard of them. Confused

Ok really, I have but I think it is nice they are doing this since it cost us nothing, nice to have things we use and don't use right at our fingertips.

Who would have thought that we could view Mars from a computer.

I wonder what there next idea will be. Very Happy
jabce85
sweet.
Fatality
Very interesting. Who will use it? No one, but Google doesn't care.
soljarag
i can't find starbucks on the map..... where is it?
Dean_The_Great
I love google mars. I think it's awesome. I can't wait to see how far google goes...
logicfail182
I don't see what the big deal is. Piecing together footage of mars for the common person sounds like a great idea to me. since they already have a stable sdk, i doubt it took much time/money to set it up.
Beny
I agree stop now google i didnt know what that big red and green spotty blah thing was till i saw url to show my friends they gone way OTT !!!!

- Beny
Hogwarts
Beny wrote:
I agree stop now google i didnt know what that big red and green spotty blah thing was till i saw url to show my friends they gone way OTT !!!!

- Beny

I have a sincere hatred for this topic, and many of the replies within in. Why is it over the top to do something for the hell of it? Do you honestly think one of the companies with some of the best marketing teams in the world would do Google Mars as a means of generating profit?
carlospro7
I guess this is cool, but I still don't get the use for this application. It could be educational, but it seems like more of an attempt to show off what Google is capable of.