FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Geocities complaint procedure?

DoctorBeaver
This seemed the most appropriate forum to post this question in.

My name is being used in a libellous way on a Geocities site. I've looked all through the help docs but I can't find anything pertaining to it.
If there's not a specific Geocities complaint dept, does anyone know of an internet watchdog organisation I can contact?
The address of the site is

http://www.geocities.com/igala2/grailholy.htm

I've tried emailing igala2@yahoo.co.uk but the email was returned as address unknown.
Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thank you.
DoctorBeaver
UPDATE - Exactly the same thing is also on an MSN Groups site and I can't find any way to complain to them either!
Animal
email abuse@geocities.com

Not sure about MSN Groups, but there will be a complaints / contact us link somewhere.
DoctorBeaver
Thanks, animal
MonkeyWrench
yeah u can get this sometimes, i would just contact anyone at geocities and they would deal with it.
swapnalokam
hey guys... geocities is the worst thing I ever find.. even in the case of free webhosting... it got popups.. watermarks.. and all kind of things up their... and I think.. they have the worst type of customer service.. in the whole cyber space... even free hosting with geocities is not worth it... I know it is not the reply you want... but I wrote it here soo.. that webmasters who have their site on geocities is gonna surely come here and read this topic.... thanks..
MonkeyWrench
why are u using geocities when you have frihost? this is the best free service ever, infact its better than most that you pay for. i once payed £2.50 a month for www.hostorbit.com and they did nothing but give u problems and the server crashed etc, ok you get a few problems here but nothing drastic usually. Cool
HL9881
Geocities? Just the worst hosting I never seen!
Just a little bit of web space and the traffic was just anout 5mb per hour!

That's good if it have bug.
Better close it! Evil or Very Mad