FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can anyone name a song...

xoxmeholly
Can anyone name a song that deals with: revenge or murder or alcohol or animal abuse in particular...or has a part of it that says something. This is for a school project on "The Black Cat" by EOP, and I need some Media connections...a song would be perfect, but I don't know any off the top of my head about revenge or murder.
wumingsden
xoxmeholly wrote:
Can anyone name a song that deals with: revenge or murder in particular...or has a part of it that says something. This is for a school project on "The Black Cat" by EOP, and I need some Media connections...a song would be perfect, but I don't know any off the top of my head about revenge or murder.

Although I don't listen to this kind of genre you'll probably find what your looking for if you listen to the following artists:

50 Cent
2 Pac
B.I.G (i think he was called)
Kaneda
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have a whole CD of "Murder Ballads" (including the most well known duet with Kylie Minogue, "Where the Wild Roses Grow") - strange mix of cynical and romantic attitude towards murder. A lot of other songs by Nick fit the description too.

Less romantic, but rather sexually charged, is "Doubt" by The Cure. Very brutal description of a murder from the murderer's point of view.

But Nick Cave is probably closer to Poe, even if the perspective is more Irish than New England Smile
Lennon
I don't like mondays
Boomtown Rats.
Also Bob Geldof and also Tori Amos versions.

Associated with the 1979 school shootout.
http://www.evangordon.com/mp3/i_dont_like_mondays.mp3