FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is Radio Blog allowed in this host?

7gts-scout
I was wondering.... The TOS said that mp3 and other music files are not allowed in this host, is Radio Blog allowed?

Infomation about radio blog : http://www.radioblogclub.com/ ?

I thought of putting it in my website, just wanna confirm if this is allowed a not.
wumingsden
7gts-scout wrote:
I was wondering.... The TOS said that mp3 and other music files are not allowed in this host, is Radio Blog allowed?

Infomation about radio blog : http://www.radioblogclub.com/ ?

I thought of putting it in my website, just wanna confirm if this is allowed a not.

It may autopend on the MP3's that are used, are they Copyright to you ?
7gts-scout
The radio blog doesn't use Mp3, they use RBS format files for songs.
Animal
The format isn't the issue - you need to have cleared the copyright on any music you use, so if you play your own, non-copyrighted files, that should be ok. You can't use it for copyrighted, chart or popular music files because this would be illegal.
wumingsden
7gts-scout wrote:
The radio blog doesn't use Mp3, they use RBS format files for songs.

Actaully, that is not entirely correct. The MP3's are converted to RBS format, if you read the documentation.
7gts-scout
So what can i do to make it legal on this host? Confused Cause, i was planing to use copyrighted music on my website...
wumingsden
7gts-scout wrote:
So what can i do to make it legal on this host? Confused Cause, i was planing to use copyrighted music on my website...

Nothing, copyrighted music is not only prohibited by FriHost but also in many countires. To play copyright music at FriHost you will need documentation stating that you own partial copyright, (just enough to play the music at the site). Until then there really is no need to use Radio Blog.