FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When do you know that you are with the love of your life?

DJ Santos
Share you stories, of having found unconditionnal love in a trustfull relationship.
altikris
Right now i am in a relationship that i believe, and HOPE will last my entire life. This is only my second relationship, but I am incredibly in love with my girlfriend. We have been together since January 05' and we are still going strong. We try to be around eachother as much as possible. We can share our lives and experiences with love and honesty. When you dont have to lie to your significant other about anything, it will turn into a meaningfull and trusting relationship. Secrets eat at the soul, and turn good times into conflict. Small arguments can be fine, but big arguments only happen because of issues within the individual. Conflict within is the major reason for problems in a relationship. Attention is another problem. Too much attention is bad, and too little is even worse.

Space is a big issue within a meaningful relationship. If you can allow your significant other to have their own lives respectivly, while living your own life, and you can find a point where both of you can meet and share what you learn and live, then the relationship will grow and prosper.

Jealousy is probably the biggest issue within alot of relationships. Jealousy burns from not trusting the other person. If you can respect the others life, then everything can be good for a long time. The relationship that i am in now, leaves both of us to live our own lives. Seperation is an important part in a relationship. If you believe that one day you will share your time together in a meaninful place, then eveyrthing can work out when you are seperate for any amount of time. With my girlfriend away at school, i can lead my own life while she lives hers. We know that one day we will be together and do whatever we want when that time comes. She is only an hour and a half away from her home at school which may make things that much better. If she were further away and i was not able to see her as much, things may have been different because of the distance. Distance is a good thing, but too much makes either of you feel lonely and in need of attention. I trust her with everything that i am, and trust that she would not do anything that i would not approve of. And she trusts me as well, because i show her in the time that we have together, that she is the most important thing to me. Showing the other person that they are important to you more than anyone else could be is a very big thing. It allows the other person to trust in the fact that when you are apart the other person will respect the fact that you are together and have the ambition to spend the rest of your lives together. I believe that I will be with my current girlfriend for the rest of my life because i can talk to her about anything, i never have to lie about what i do, i respect her, she respects me, and we love to spend time together. We have ambition towards the future and can admit now that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. We agree on alot of things, but mostly that we want to spend as much time together while we have breath in our lungs. That is a great relationship that will continue for many years.
jaysen
its kind of a hard thing to really say... only time will tell for sure... because honestly even if you are in love with someone, if they are not feeling the same way, it still will never get anywhere... trust me. been there done that.
Was with a girl for quite a while.... she accused me of a lot of things.. lying etc (whioch wasn't true, but she used it as an excuse and she admitted it later) and we broke up. She told me one day that although that we were not going out she had no interest in anyone else, and she wanted to take it slow for us to work things out before we got back together.... the next day she started dating another guy.
Two months later, she was at my door, begging for another chance, and telling me she screwed up and that she would stop hiding things from me... didn't last very long and things were right back to the way they were before. In the last 4 years i have given her many chances to stop , and honestly i can tell you despite how hurt i've gotten i still love her unconditonally.... but enough is enough. i've done more than my share, but she refuses to show me any respect for my feelings...

i would have followed her to our graves if only she was willing to be honest with me and try... but she keeps going back to the same routine and then every month or so we have a meaningful talk where she admits her problems... then its back to the same old again.
Despite it all... i still love her... but i need to have a life where i can rely on someone to be there for me too... and not just the other way around.

i guess what im trying to say is although i thought i was with the love of my life.... it wasn't meant to be..... and not because of me. so i think you'll only really know if you have the love of your life after the crap settles, and thats when you will find out for sure if the person you love is going to still be there for you as well.
cveloso
When we have kids and he is showing how much he care for them, I realized i am with the right person who love me and my kids forever...
bangala
DJ Santos wrote:
Share you stories, of having found unconditionnal love in a trustfull relationship.

Here are some of the symptoms that I feel whenever I get separated from the one I love:
1- I suffer from sleepless nights.
2- I lose the appetite for food and I feel sometimes like sick.
3- Hard to socialize with others.
4- Other depressed feelings.

The intensity and extent of these feelings may change from one to the other.
imera
I have been together with my boyfriend 3 years, I was 15 years old. I still love him, and I know that he loves me. He often sends me messages that tell me how much he misses me and loves me.
We see each other around once or twice a month. Thatís because I have moved to go to school and whenever I am home I cant get to him, I donít have a car. He has the driver licence soon, just need to take the theory the other stuffs. Then he will come and visit me whenever I come home.
Iím still young, but I cant ignore the question ďwill we be together forever??Ē. I have told him that I do not want him to ask me to get married; I would like to decide that and ask him. That is because if he would ask me and I didnít know thenÖ wellÖ I donít know. I want to say yes, but what if I say no?? Itís hard to explain.
But I am thinking of asking him, around the time when he turns 18, in august. Or in the autumn, I love that time of the year.
I love him very much. He helps me when I have it difficult, I have depressions. Before I got together with him I had suicidal thoughts and was close to kill myself to.
How I even got myself to talk with him in the first place I donít know. I can write here how it happened:
I was walking down to the gym to watch a match, he walks in front of me. Before I can stop myself I say his name, I told him that we (that would be my mother and sisters) moved someplace and that I would walk pass his house on my way to school. I was angry at myself, why did I say that??
Itís still a mystery to me this day, but Iím glad it happened.
Some weeks after that I was sick and was home when the door bell rang, it was him. I was quite surprised. We hang out after that, were having fun by just talking together. We still do.
When ever he needed to home I would follow him a while and we would stop to talk before we should go our own ways. The north light would be up, really nice.
I only hope that I will get the guts to ask him to marry me.
inflamesbhs
It is, in my humble opinion, easier to see what true love is from after you dont have the person anymore. For instance, if the love for one another is still evident even after the couple have gone their seperate ways. This is not to say that the people above me are wrong in thinking they are truely in love, because who is to say they aren't right also?

Just recently both myself and my ex have admitted that we love eachother, something that I had previously thought was a one way street. I had previously asked her to marry me, and she said yes. Afterwards she and I had broken up for issues of distance (being that she and I were no longer in the same area anymore, she currently lives 4 and a half hours). Now, years after the relationship ended, both of us still want to be together.

True Love? Closest I've seen to it myself...
Greeny
Straight to the point from me.

You just do know when you have find the love of your life, i know i have, its a feeling deep down in your heart which you have never felt before.
Vrythramax
For me it was the realization that I couldn't picture life without my partner, and I didn't want to. We are married now and have a beautiful little girl, and I have never looked back or thought twice about my decision. Sure, we have our little differences, as all married couples do, but I have never had any doubts about her love...and I don't beleive she has any doubts about mine...certainly not where our daughter is concerned.
HoboPelican
This may not be a "romantic" answer... But here is my 2 cents worth.

You never know.

I can think of 3 or 4 ladies who I thought were "the love of my life". Well, obviously I was wrong. The feelings were strong, I never doubted each relationship was perfect....but it takes two to tango and after they dumped me I got over it...mostly Smile

I have now been married to my sweetie for 15 years, and everything is almost perfect. Is she the love of my life? I hope so, but I have past experience to tell me that feelings can change. So I try, everyday, to be that right guy for her and cherish and notice all the things she does that I could so easily take for granted.

I truly am in love with this lady, but I'll only know if she was the love of my life on my deathbed!
geeren
Never Cool i dont beleave in love.
Scorpio
A quote here::

Don't marry the person whom you think you can live with, marry the person whom you don't think you can live without

That person is the love of your life
Mumpay
HoboPelican wrote:
This may not be a "romantic" answer... But here is my 2 cents worth.

You never know.

I can think of 3 or 4 ladies who I thought were "the love of my life". Well, obviously I was wrong. The feelings were strong, I never doubted each relationship was perfect....but it takes two to tango and after they dumped me I got over it...mostly Smile

I have now been married to my sweetie for 15 years, and everything is almost perfect. Is she the love of my life? I hope so, but I have past experience to tell me that feelings can change. So I try, everyday, to be that right guy for her and cherish and notice all the things she does that I could so easily take for granted.

I truly am in love with this lady, but I'll only know if she was the love of my life on my deathbed!

too true. i totally agree. you have no way of knowing. people change. major events in your life can complete alter your outlook on life. change is part of life. Whether you and your partner change in the same direction depends entirely on each individual, and there's just no way of knowing that till you're old and still together.

But i say don't worry about that. Work hard at your relationship if you're in one. Learn how to keep your partner happy, and expect the same in return. If you both keep working to keep eachother happy, and you both succeed, than you both stay happy and everyone wins Smile
HoboPelican
Mumpay wrote:

But i say don't worry about that. Work hard at your relationship if you're in one. Learn how to keep your partner happy, and expect the same in return. If you both keep working to keep eachother happy, and you both succeed, than you both stay happy and everyone wins Smile

Too true. I had hoped my post didn't come off to depressing. I really am a big ol' romantic and love being a relationship. But ya gotta work at it, sometimes.
My wife and I will disgree and it can be stressful until we work it out. But after 15 years, I still look over at her in quite moments and get a big smile on my face Very Happy
akaRival
Let me tell you that with all the times I have met girls whom thought there was 'love' that it is a total load of BS. I think there can be an extra affinity for someone but soon enough they will find something they don't like about you or think could be better, etc. But with my experiences aside, my friends have said the same thing. True love is a farce. it implies that it is flawless and that nothing can go wrong but real love is about being able to deal with issues together, to give and take, etc.
innercity
You never know !