FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Investor

ggreiner9
soo the other day i went to a couple investing conferences and they taught you how to become a good investor and adquire a solid monthly income. now they made it seem like investing is for everyone. but im aware that most people in america dont know a darn thing about the stock market so yea id just like to know what you guys think about becoming an stay at home investor that way you only work a couple of hours a day and you dont have to work for anyone else and if youre good at it you can earn more than you were earning at your previous job...

lateerr
SocratesX
Investing for a living is quite tricky. You should have a nice capital to start with (you can't start from scratch) and it is very difficult not to lose yourself in emotions.
Since my 16th I've been following the stock markets, reading books, trying out specific models and criteria and after 7 years I'm still every day amazed by the way the market reacts to certain events.
You should start very caryfully with trading and don't think that all of your stockpicks will be winners once you made some profit. Beginnersluck does exist and often leads to people losing all of their money because they thought they could never lose.

If you want more advise etc. you can always contact me.
boringest
true, get yourself a mentor if possible, it speeds up your learning and you definitely need a big sum of money to play and learn.

if you have a bigger appetite for risk, try fx - returns can be very good.
ocalhoun
That's a nice occupation, but with the economy as fragile as it is now, I stay away from the stock market. (I think we're due for another crash soon.)
ggreiner9
ocalhoun wrote:
That's a nice occupation, but with the economy as fragile as it is now, I stay away from the stock market. (I think we're due for another crash soon.)

yea but... ive learned about stock options.. soo that way you can make money if it goes up down or sideways... so wat im trying to say is that if it goes down you can still make bank.... $$.. although it would be bad for our economy, but yea...:-/
amicalindia
I would recommend a book that i recently read. Its written by Robert Kiyosaki of famous 'Rich dad , Poor dad'. The title is 'Rich dad's Guide to investing'.
There is no fast buck formula given but the basic principles behind all types of investing. and its specially for non technical / professional investers like us.
You would certainly find it interesting.

I would appreciate if anyone can recommend any other book. Especially for small investor like me.
tsav413
ggreiner9 wrote:
soo the other day i went to a couple investing conferences and they taught you how to become a good investor and adquire a solid monthly income. now they made it seem like investing is for everyone. but im aware that most people in america dont know a darn thing about the stock market so yea id just like to know what you guys think about becoming an stay at home investor that way you only work a couple of hours a day and you dont have to work for anyone else and if youre good at it you can earn more than you were earning at your previous job...

lateerr

I have been a professional investor for 8 years now. I don't think I ever worked less than an 8 hour day. If you want to gamble, check out the craps tables in Vegas, its more exciting than a ticker on your pc.