FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamweaver help - not wygiwys

romaop
I'm building a site using the div technology and css (not frames nor tables). But Dreamweaver MX doesn't help much because divisions are displayed one behind the other altough in the site everything goes right. Is this a problem of Dreamweaver MX 6.1. Is Dreamweaver 8 better in this sense? Help!!!
riv
romaop wrote:
I'm building a site using the div technology and css (not frames nor tables). But Dreamweaver MX doesn't help much because divisions are displayed one behind the other altough in the site everything goes right. Is this a problem of Dreamweaver MX 6.1. Is Dreamweaver 8 better in this sense? Help!!!

I guess that it's just a rendering issue. I don't know exactly what rendering engine Dreamweaver uses for its preview pane, but I guess that it's different from the engine your browser uses (if that's what you mean by "in the site").
If you could elaborate on your browser and what your issue is, it would help me and all the other people in this forum a lot in understanding exactly what your problem is.

P.S. It's WYSIWYG not WYGIWYS. It stands for "What You See Is What You Get."
Bengt
what is the div technology ? Rolling Eyes
romaop
Thanks for your replies. The div technology is a powerfull tool because it allows you to split (divide) a page into various rectangular areas, and put each part at the place you want it to be. So you get more flexibillity, because you have a block of a page that can easily go to another place.
The problem with Dreamweaver MX (I'm not a Dreamweaver MX expert though) is that it won't display the divisions at their right places. But when viewing the page in Internet Explorer everything is ok. So I ask help if is there any need of Dreamweaver configuration, update or if at newer versions of Dreamweaver (Dreamweaver2004 or Dreamweaver8) this problem no longer exists.