FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domains

squeakypants
My site was using a domain (mesachicken.be) and I wanted to know if it would be affected by the crash? Would I need to do anything to fix it?
bdoneck
No, the domain will be fine. as long as the nameservers are still set to the frihost ones, there will be no problem other than the possibility of having to add it in your cpanel again
xorcist
Ya it was affected by the crash everything on server 1 (which is you) was affected by the crash. You realyl dont have to do anything now just wait to see if any of the files are missing on your account but I highly doubt it. Just wait for them to fix back everyone's account and then check on it again.
Gerardus™
Domain names point to an adress somewhere on the internet and you set that adress to your frihost account, so as soon as your account is back up the domain should work fine.
In worsed case you would have to park it again in your cpanel.
Bondings wrote it will be all fixed by monday or thuesday, so a little more patience.
I have the same problem so i redirected my domain for a few days, but as soon as im back online i will set the nameservers back to frihost again.
Lets hope everything looks the same and will work normally again.
psycosquirrel
Bad time for the server to crash Sad A dude who I am tryin to get a job from tried to go to my site yesterday and it was down Confused Oh well, I need to redesign my site before he sees it Smile I gotta make him think I'm a genious or somethin...
Gerardus™
psycosquirrel wrote:
Bad time for the server to crash Sad A dude who I am tryin to get a job from tried to go to my site yesterday and it was down Confused Oh well, I need to redesign my site before he sees it Smile I gotta make him think I'm a genious or somethin...

Same here, i was finally getting visitors from all over the place, i was advertising my site a lot, and that worked for me, but since the server crashed my site is gone and i lost visitors with it for sure.
I feel the longer it stays down the more people won't visit my site again, thinking its gone anyways.
When im back online i will have to lure people back to my site again. But im confident about it and know it will be good again.
psycosquirrel
I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is like the first time ever Frihost has failed me Laughing I'm sure it won't happen again, or someone will die Razz
n0obie4life
psycosquirrel wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is like the first time ever Frihost has failed me Laughing I'm sure it won't happen again, or someone will die Razz

We're trying to be as stable as possible Wink, providing the best internet hosting you can find.

Yes, all you have to do is add your domain back in cPanel later. It should work as long as your domain is still pointed to our nameservers.

ns1.frihost.net
ns2.frihost.net

If you have any problems with that, please contact us in the Web Hosting Support forum.

-close-