FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Virus vulnerablitity while gaming

Eyre
A while ago i was into playing Knight Online but i quit because of it's laginess (is it still like that?) and while playing one time i got attacked by a backdoor virus. My protection pwned it but it still worried me. How vulnerable are you to virus's while playing online games? Has anyone else ever gotten attacked while playing an online game? Forgive my noobness to virus's, i try to stay away from them.
mobe217
I have never had a attack while playing online. I've played Asheron's call 1 & 2 Dark age of camalot Counter Strike and World of Warcraft and have never seen a attack. It might be a open port thats common used and hit while you played. If your really worried about another attack while playing online get a firewall. They block all the open ports that dont need to be open. Hence closing a path for an attack. You may want to get Spybot and Ad-Aware and scan your pc for spyware/adware that may have made its way through. Best of luck to you Smile
adidasx
I play games online for the last 3 or 4 years and have never expirienced any problems regarding virus or any other program attack on my computer over internet becouse of the game, there might be some other software code trying to backdoor into your computer

Domen
stinky321
I think they are totally safe. played for a long time too and probably with an antivirus programm u will be safe Very Happy
anthonygerbils
zone alarm is a great piece of equipment and it will protect you from virus's and hackers and also avg is a great piece of work as it will alert you to any virus's as soon as it detects it and will do its job immediatly.

the only snag is that your ping will increase at some times but other times it wont,
but at the end of the day i would rather have a computer that works instead of one that is ruined