FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help pls

Scorpio
How does one upload a folder as a whole into the public html directory?
Daniel15
Hi,
Most FTP software can do this. If yours doesn't, then try FileZilla.
engeland
or you could zip the folder up...load it via file manager and unzip it. there's an unzipping option in file manager. However,im not too sure if its the same for directadmin. im sure of it for cpanelx Wink
charredii
filezilla works really well, DirectAdmin ain't bad either. THere's tons of options out there. Obviously, you need to take some time to sit down and figdet around with Frihost
Gerardus™
I think the best way to do it via ftp. That way you can put it in every folder you want. You can do almost everything with an ftp program. The cpanel is more like an extra and an easy way to manage your site.
Fantastico is great cuz installing with fantastico is a lot faster than uploading folders with ftp and execute the install in your browser.
But it can be done either way.
I use FlashFXP and that works great for me, and if you would have dreamweaver you could use it also to upload files and folders.
Good luck.
mOrpheuS
engeland wrote:
or you could zip the folder up...load it via file manager and unzip it. there's an unzipping option in file manager. However,im not too sure if its the same for directadmin. im sure of it for cpanelx Wink

DirectAdmin does not allow extracting zip archives on the server.
Although it can handle GZip format.

If your internet connection is metered, you should consider making :
1) .tar archive of your folder using a freeware like 7-zip (for windows)
2) Gzipping them using freeware gzip utility
3) uploading the .tar.gz file to the server
4) using DirectAdmin filemanager's builtin "Extract" feature to unpack your folder.

It will be a lot more economical and faster than ftp (especially if you're uploading a lot of small files like php scripts)
Daniel15
Quote:
1) .tar archive of your folder using a freeware like 7-zip (for windows)
2) Gzipping them using freeware gzip utility

Actually, you can tar and gzip using 7-Zip. Just right-click the tar file and click 'Add to Archive...'. Then, you'll see GZip as an option.
Scorpio
Well, thanks people, for all your help. I managed to get around doing it. Very Happy

Using filezilla.