FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The evil 'email' button :(

Daniel15
Well, I've started to get more and more spam to my main email account (with my ISP, tpg.com.au). I was trying to figure out how my email address got on to spam lists, as I only use this email address for things I know I won't get any spam with.

After looking for ages, I realised what it was: Underneath every post on this forum, there is an 'email' button, which has a link to email address of the poster of that topic! That stupid email button gave my email address away Evil or Very Mad . I've changed my email address here to my spam email address (the one I get ~20 spams per day to), but I suggest that we remove that evil button, for protection of member's email addresses

I suppose it's not that bad... I enabled the email filter (they use a modified version of SpamAssasin, which is absolutely brilliant) and I don't get spam anymore Smile
n0obie4life
It's because you are a moderator that's why you are seeing it.

Otherwise, make sure - Always show my e-mail address: - is not checked.

-close-
Daniel15
Quote:
It's because you are a moderator that's why you are seeing it.

Oh, OK. I didn't know that. I haven't really seen these forums as a regular member, or as a guest Wink
Bondings
Normal users (logged in) are not able to see it unless you enable that option in your profile, like n0obie4life said.

Guests (not logged in) are not able to see anything but your username and the date of the post. Just log out and take a look at the forums.