FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP and SEO

broomboy
As you all may or may not know, php is better for SEO than javascript because it is recognized. What I would like to know is if Frihost supports php 4.0 because I need that to fulfill my requirements.
SamiTheBerber
broomboy wrote:
As you all may or may not know, php is better for SEO than javascript because it is recognized. What I would like to know is if Frihost supports php 4.0 because I need that to fulfill my requirements.

cPanel X of Frihost wrote:
Operating system: Linux
Kernel version: 2.4.30-grsec
Machine Type: i686
Apache version: 1.3.34 (Unix)
PERL version: 5.8.6
Path to PERL: /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
PHP version: 4.4.1
MySQL version:4.0.25-standard-log
cPanel Build: 10.8.1-STABLE 114

There would be your answer, I'm just wondering posting in this section.
anshu
Its really funny to do like that,

we should be straight and also some specific.
Lets starts, How someone make the page so frendly that the search engine just get attracted for that page ::
?????
meetul
broomboy wrote:

I agree with you on the point that php is much more recognized and spidered by bots as compared to the javascript.

However, it should be noted that for the same content the bot's choice would be a plain html page as compared to a php page.

However, these days, it is just not possible to write a good website in just plain html (just think of the pain if we have to change the header of 200 html pages rather than a single header.php page)
plato
As SamiTheBerber noted Frihost supports PHP, but I myself prefer html at all. Because SEOs are recognizing the html code better than all other codes such as php.
Does any one think that php is better? If so please inform me.
fritz06
meetul wrote:

I agree with you on the point that php is much more recognized and spidered by bots as compared to the javascript.

However, it should be noted that for the same content the bot's choice would be a plain html page as compared to a php page.

Search engine's bots can't see php code or 'pages'. It's a concept of php. Crawler can see the 'plane' html code only.
SamiTheBerber
plato wrote:
As SamiTheBerber noted Frihost supports PHP, but I myself prefer html at all. Because SEOs are recognizing the html code better than all other codes such as php.
Does any one think that php is better? If so please inform me.

FriHost also supports .htaccess-configuring, where you can make your php-pages to "be" html-pages. That opportunity is also used by this forum.
nappa
Yeah, when you view a dynamic page it will show in html format, but I'm not sure if spider bots will accept that html with generated by php or jsp. May be the bots will just skip the page. Anyone knows this please give some advice. Thanks
bosschaerts
My previous page was in html, and gave great results with SEO on Google (I use WebSEO to promote my homepage)
My new homepage in php does not give that result in Google.

Is there a special trick to promote php pages?
At least php is extremely good for producing data webpages, but what about promoting these php pages for SEO.

I am very interested in your advise or clues. Wink

Greetz, Rudi
Marston
nappa wrote:
Yeah, when you view a dynamic page it will show in html format, but I'm not sure if spider bots will accept that html with generated by php or jsp. May be the bots will just skip the page. Anyone knows this please give some advice. Thanks
Bots don't know the difference between PHP or JSP generated HTML and normal HTML, other than the file ending (.php or .jsp respectivley).
loosu
Nice discussion , i thought of starting this myself .
But anyhow , let me indulge inthis one .

First of all , i want all of you , to take a look at this ,
http://www.stargeek.com/php-seo.php
and
http://www.aeonity.com/frost/php-seo-programming-tips

Mostly using , nice urls is the main trick .
They have mostly said to fake those PHP pages .

And PERMALINKS are absoultely advised for GOOD SEO .