FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cops and Heaters

schu1162
Thoughout the last 10 or so years I have watched quite a few Cops episodes. I have no idea why I like the show so much, but I don't know why I like alot of things.

With that being said, there is one common theme I have observed while watching the thousands of arrests Cops has provided for my vierwing pleasure. Almost all the perps smoke. I don't know if it is more hilarious or sad, but I am sure it is a whole lot of both. These people find themselves in one of the worst possible situations (being arrested) and all they can think about are their cigarrettes.

I mean seriously, how many times have you seen an episode where a skinny white male is being arrested. Why is he being arrested? For beating his neighbor with a bat, because he is sleeping with his or maybe both of their babys momma.

Think about all the things this guy should be thinking about while he is being arrested.....the blood coming out of his nose, the upcoming jail time, why is Jane sleeping with John, how to post bail, who is gonna feed the dog, am I gonna miss work (or the government check), what exactly am I being arrested for, should I shut up and demand a lawyer, I hope that cop does'nt take my money, why do I have such a perverted looking mustache?..............The perp could be thinking about all of these things, but NO!!!!! All he can think about is his smokes, those precious little cigarettes...and whether or not the officer will let him smoke in the back seat.

Like I said before, I think this trend is hilariously sad. What do you guys think about this?
noexes89
It's simple, the people who are the most depressed are the people who commit crimes, and people who are depressed smoke a lot, and when you are in a rather depressing and stressful situation you do something to relieve your stress. These aren't brilliant people who plan out every action. They are more impulsive, and at the moments that get them on COPS their impulse is to smoke.