FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iran

rabbani
What do you think about technology in Iran???
wumingsden
rabbani wrote:
What do you think about technology in Iran???

I believe that the President of Iran is trying to stop Western ways which include satellite T.V, is this true ? I read about it somewhere but I forgot werther it was referring to Iran. I think I also read that his wishes are not being welcomed by young people who are rebelling by buying the latest gadgets like i-Pods and filling them with Western-like songs, is this also true ?
rabbani
I don't think so.
The president is trying to stop dishes but he can't do that and he is not against TV, MP3 Players, computers and internet. But some political sites are filtered in Iran. everyone can have a dish, an iPod, computer or internet.
adiutrix
America WANTS them to have all those things because they are the ones that will economically benefit from Iranians using them. What they DON'T want is Iran having nuclear weapons....Because they don't want to buy them of the U.S Razz !
rabbani
Why America is the one who benefits from??
thiamshui
rabbani wrote:
I don't think so.
everyone can have a dish, an iPod, computer or internet.

cool.. u all can have satellite dishes? that will mean very fast connections.. too bad my country doesn't have tht..
adwya
i think iran will be a huge country in the future

?
planet
Technology is a good thing when used the right way and depending a bit on which technology we are talking about.

Nuclear energy seems to be one of the ways forward to create electricity, however (aint there always one) the step from a genuine wish to take care of energy to wanting Atomic Bomb Tecnology is vast.

It is perfectly possible for Iran to get on with developing atomic energy but a great part og the rest of the world is very nerveous at the thought of a country having declared Israel to be eradicated from the world map having nukes.

So in my view if they want energy, the Russians have presented a road forward and have been rejected by Iran, so it would appear that Iran's purpose is not singular but dual.

Ther world will in my opinion be in grave danger if / when Iran achieves nukes which they seem hellbent on getting.

It should not be forgotten that Persia was a great nation for millenea and that the world's desicion of not sharing nukes with them is no more than not giving a MAC10 to someone who is troubled and facing you.
rabbani
Quote:
It should not be forgotten that Persia was a great nation for millenea and that the world's desicion of not sharing nukes with them is no more than not giving a MAC10 to someone who is troubled and facing you.

What is MAC10???
ocalhoun
rabbani wrote:

What is MAC10???

This is
planet
Its a nifty little sidearm that beats the chainsaw in cutting =)

http://www.mac10.net/about2xz.htm
nilsmo
(Move to Discuss World News?)

Preliminary Opinions:
I don't know many facts about Iran, but I do not like the fact that many unstable countries have nukes. Even stable countries shouldn't have nukes since they could destroy the world a few times in WWIII. Finally, censorship is worrying.
DoctorBeaver
Personally, I don't think Iran wants to develop nuclear weapons of the sort most people are worried about. They're not going to stick them on rockets and fire them at Israel. They'll build a few small ones, smuggle the parts across the border into Iraq (very easy), and then on to Israel (fairly easy). There would be no shortage of willing nuclear martyrs ready to evaporate themselves in the name of Jihad. That way, when they explode, no-one can point the finger at Tehran with any degree of certainty.
bluefossil
So they are gonna turn the holyland into an uninhabitable radioactive wasteland?
suntzu3500
The Iranians are not, in fact, idiots. This means that they probably don't actually belive the israeli "We don't have nuclear weapons" line. If Iran gets nuclear weapons, it will probably turn into the same sort of staring contest that happened in the indian subcontinent a few decades ago.
planet
I personally do not relish the thought of a "stare down" where the contestants have a finger on a button which has even the remotest possibility of obliterating the world as we know it.

We already have had too many instances of that sort and the first "trials" of minor nukes towards the end of the 2.WW showed with great clearity the results thereoff. And they were small !

I am happy for those two only in the light that it saved my father's life and without I wouldn't be here.

It seems that it would only take 1 click of the button and a lot of the people of the earth wouldn't have to worry about their heating.

Isn't it time that we humans start showing some humanity?
rabbani
nilsmo wrote
Quote:
Preliminary Opinions:
I don't know many facts about Iran, but I do not like the fact that many unstable countries have nukes. Even stable countries shouldn't have nukes since they could destroy the world a few times in WWIII. Finally, censorship is worrying.

What is WWII??
Gieter
rabbani wrote:
nilsmo wrote
Quote:
Preliminary Opinions:

What is WWII??

World War II Wink
alkady
If your talking about Nukes, I dont think any country should have any, But Iran, I doubt they would be a responsible power since they demand the extermination of the jews, Which obviously leads to conclude what the first bomb will be for.
yatria
Bush and Blair are gearing up for it, and they are preparing us, too - just as they did before attacking Iraq. But where is the threat?

Has Tony Blair, our minuscule Caesar, finally crossed his Rubicon? Having subverted the laws of the civilised world and brought carnage to a defenceless people and bloodshed to his own, having lied and lied and used the death of a hundredth British soldier in Iraq to indulge his profane self-pity, is he about to collude in one more crime before he goes?

Perhaps he is seriously unstable now, as some have suggested. Power does bring a certain madness to its prodigious abusers, especially those of shallow disposition. In The March of Folly: from Troy to Vietnam, the great American historian Barbara Tuchman described Lyndon B Johnson, the president whose insane policies took him across his Rubicon in Vietnam. "He lacked [John] Kennedy's ambivalence, born of a certain historical sense and at least some capacity for reflective thinking," she wrote. "Forceful and domineering, a man infatuated with himself, Johnson was affected in his conduct of Vietnam policy by three elements in his character: an ego that was insatiable and never secure; a bottomless capacity to use and impose the powers of his office without inhibition; a profound aversion, once fixed upon a course of action, to any contradictions."