FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

TonkPilz
Am i the only one looking forward to this game? to me its one of the most intresting rpgs soon to be relesd (not counting never winter night2) the grapichs sems to be supurb and what i have bean reading in magazines the world will be apsolutly amazing and the Ai sounds to be superd too

official page:http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm
rip8fan1
I'm looking forward to it - but not sure my PC will be able to handle it - and I'll wait for the price to drop anyway.

The last few Elder Scroll games when released were quite buggy, and that is another reason for me to wait awhile before I purchase the game.
mobe217
I so can't wait to play this game. I loved morrowind and I'm sure to love this one. I'm hoping my pc can handle this game. My pc passed with flying colors on the WoW and HL2 Test page so I think I'll be ok. But yeah I really really want to play this game. If you go to gamespot.com you can watch a exclusive trailor Smile
hiimdave
Yeah, I saw this game being advertised a few months ago and was amazed at how clean everything looked. I never really got into Morrowind, but I'm going to try to get into this just for the pretty visuals Smile
psychooo
Just a few days left and i cant wait getting into this smashin game!I think that i ll quit workin for a year in order to melt in front of my pc!
Gippy
well im waiting for only two rpg games, oblivion and gothic 3 and i will get both for sure, cant wait for it its so damn imba graphic and so great game world
hiimdave
Just preordered it today. I get to go pick it up nice and early tomorrow and play it after class Smile I cannot wait!

I'll have screens and probably a review up on hdd.frih.net whenever I can. I don't know if I'll even have much time to play tomorrow because it's a friends birthday and we plan on gettin' pretty torn up. You can check that site for screenshots soon tho.
psihich
I'm also thriled that this came out today, can't wait to get my shipment. I've never played 1-3 but after I've heard THEY ROCKED THE PLACE. The landscapes looks beutiful, but I hope It will run good with 6600GT (1024*768) since recomended graphic card is 6800 or higher...
TonkPilz
Oh man U lucky bastards oblivion whont be releasd in sweden till 24th on friday in to days .... damn i cant w8

damn i tink il sleep to friday
Eyre
this game looks amazing. i was a hardcore fan on Morrowind and still am. Love the series to death. I think i've played all of them except one. Unfourtunaly i don't have the financial assets to play what looks like the best one so far
Drizztt
I hear it is supposed to be a great game, but I have no intention of buying or playing it myself. The old ones weren't very good in my opinion, and I don't want to spend money to get another "not very good" one. But if you think it is good after you get it, let me know and perhaps I will buy it. Even though I'll just probably dump it cause of my high ping (satellite) =(
Helios
Will the game work on my system?

Intel 3GHz Prescott
512 DDR
Radeon 9600XT 256mB

Anyone with a similar system played this game?
Could this one person tell me the avg. FPS?
heartcore
Helios wrote:
Will the game work on my system?

Intel 3GHz Prescott
512 DDR
Radeon 9600XT 256mB

Anyone with a similar system played this game?
Could this one person tell me the avg. FPS?

I am 100% sure you can run Oblivion on that system.

You can just test it here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Choose 'The Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion' in the drop-down list and then the test will start.
Helios
Thx for that site.

I'll run the test now.

edit:

I've passed on everything.

One problem: RAM.

People, if yo want oblivion, get at least 1 GB of RAM.

Game installed now. Hope i'll be able to run it Sad
Wish me luck Smile
TonkPilz
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy i have bean playing and playing and damn this game rocks its deffenetly 120% better than the games before it u can basecly do olmost any ting and aaa shit the forests are ... beautiful !! u wont find any ting like it in any other game to day

i have only found 2 bugs so far

1. game crashes when u use a summond armor and kill a wolf
2. not sure if this is a bug tho.. but its not suppose to be like that. u can basecly walk up a 90degree mounten whit out a problem

so fan i have joind the fighters guild and im planing on joining the black brotherhod:D
Helios
Played th game for awhile..

BAD.

If you want to get at least 25 FPS, add more RAM and buy at least Radeon 9800 or GFORCE 6800 with at least 256mB of memory.

It's working so slow on the most minimal settings(around 18-20 fps).

So annoying.

I think i'll delete this game...
TonkPilz
Helios wrote:
Played th game for awhile..

BAD.

If you want to get at least 25 FPS, add more RAM and buy at least Radeon 9800 or GFORCE 6800 with at least 256mB of memory.

It's working so slow on the most minimal settings(around 18-20 fps).

So annoying.

I think i'll delete this game...

hmm strange im runing the game att high settings and it works fine
im useing
amd 64 2,2 Gh
1gig of ram
and a readon x800xt
and it runs fine no lag minimal loading times ect

the game ROCKS damn it feels good ruing in the woods bashing goblins and hunting unicorns etc and all the freking quests yay

if you only do the main quest the game will last for a minimum of 24 houers and thats if you dont side track any ting.
but if u do all of the side quests thers a bout 200 houers and thats NOT counting all the extra caves, mines, altars, ruins, forts, oblivion gates and special areas that u will hafto find by your self
raman
I have heard about this game and heard its great but my computer will not be able to handle it unfortunately. I think I need to get a new computer soon.
Urahara
With all that HDR it seems for that game SM 3.0 is a requirement if you want to get even half of its potential. I doubt a Radeon 9800 Family card can handle that game at all. I'd personally say GeForce 6600 GTs in SLI should be bare minimum (they don't cost that much, really.)

I'm planning to buy the game, I haven't really heard much about it though. It is single player only?
TonkPilz
yes Urahara its singel player only. i wish ther was co-op tho
Monkeydog
I'll have to wait to get a new computer to play it...but it loooks totally amazing, and what I've heard about it...it is.
sigh~ I guess I'm stuck with Morrowind though until I get a new compy. v_v
looksbad
Ya im thinking of buying that i will buy it as its another game to my collection. But yeah it looks good and aparently plays well think about online on a comp Smile wow itwill be great.!
tony
the system requirements for the pc version are VERY high. ive seen the 360 version - truly amazing graphics and much better gameplay than morrowind. a must get for anyone who liked the predecessor and has a system which can handle the game.
silliman
Gamers, Oblivion Rocks!

Have you played The Elder Scrolls IV – Collector’s Edition for Xbox 360? I watched my son play it last night and I was completely blown away. The graphics were extraordinary, and we weren’t even watching it on HDTV or a plasma screen.

The gave offers a huge, lavishly detailed world of action and adventure; main mechanics like combat, stealth, and magic are fun and well designed; impressive artificial intelligence and hundreds of believable characters; and outstanding symphonic score, as well as excellent voice acting and sound effects. The only downside, (and I’m not griping), is the frequent (though fairly brief) loading times. Still, as you run down the various road to new locations, transitions were smooth and nearly as good as what you might find in the well-crafted animation trailers that promote some games.

As GameSpot reported, “You can root out evil in hidden dungeons, join and climb the ranks in a number of different guilds, visit all the different towns and try to solve everybody's problems, compete in a long series of gladiatorial battles to the death, break into someone's home and rob them in their sleep, get caught and face the consequences, contract a disease that leads to vampirism and then try to find a cure, buy a house, steal a horse, invest in your favorite shop, and, if you can believe it, there's much more.”

I am interested in your thoughts, experience and critique. I think Oblivion is the best game yet!

P.S. Don't know if this post should have gone under Xbox 360, but the threads over there have nearly died. Second to the last post was nearly a month ago and no one is taking about the good stuff 360 promises to deliver. Well, it here!
TonkPilz
I agree whit eavry ting you mentiond in you'r post silliman apart from the loading times im not sure about the xbox but on my pc-system it runs grate 3 to 9 sec arnt that long when you keep the size of the world in mind.

i love tha fact that u basecly have a whole world to explore walking in the woods finding ruins caves ect you can even hunt the animals for food or pick herbs to make potions or poisons. or imbu items whit magic ther are so damn many tings u kan do its crazy.

i have play the games sens mars/24 the whole weekend blow by like the wind and i only got about 13 houers of sleep and ofc i playd after work yesterday ad to day and im still finding new tings to do but i belive il hafto get some sleep to morow tho my friends att work are complaining.

thayr saying that im pale and that i have started to get square eye's... and that im talking about howe i whas slaying goblins and escapeing imperial guard on my why to work

really i havent bean in to a game like this sens quake3 and that whas what 3-4 years ago and i dendent lose this much sleep over the game as i have whit this one...
sgwreviews
I'm an elder scrolls fan anyway, but I am stunned by Oblivion, this is truly the best game I ever seen.
I'm having some troubles with my graphics, although I have a High-end system,
I'm having troubles with the shadows, maybe a driver update will do the trick, maybe not, but it's worth the try.
TonkPilz
dont use to many shadows coz thay are a system killer thay REQ alot of you gpu and cpu
silliman
TonkPilz wrote:
im not sure about the xbox but on my pc-system it runs grate 3 to 9 sec arnt that long when you keep the size of the world in mind.

i have play the games sens mars/24 the whole weekend blow by like the wind and i only got about 13 houers of sleep

How'z it TonkPilz,

You might not read this until after you have come out of deep freeze sleep. I wanna ask ya if Oblivion has the same intense graphic on the PC as it does on Xbox.

The detail and resolution are awesome. For example, check out the simple things like the way lighting and shadow change in the tree tops as the wind blows them. These kinds of attention to details by the programmers is astounding.

Let me know...
alex_ru
Yesterday has bought , already I play, excellent game at last that has waited! But old morrowind has not removed I shall pass in parallel.
TonkPilz
silliman wrote:

How'z it TonkPilz,

You might not read this until after you have come out of deep freeze sleep. I wanna ask ya if Oblivion has the same intense graphic on the PC as it does on Xbox.

The detail and resolution are awesome. For example, check out the simple things like the way lighting and shadow change in the tree tops as the wind blows them. These kinds of attention to details by the programmers is astounding.

Let me know...

if you have the power u can get it to look even better than the xbox but you really need grater power for that. xbox is basecly a computer whit a "FIXD" system. i have limited the shadows on my comp coz the shadows are what kills a gpu
Timoses
I really wanna play that game Very Happy
But my PC is too old, like for all games.

But I know somebody who played it for like 1 week excessively and got
bored of it right away :s..
ace01
Great Game. Graphics wise, Audio Wise, Gameplay Wise it's all great. This game got superb ratings and was everything that most people expected and possibly more.
TonkPilz
Timoses wrote:
I really wanna play that game Very Happy
But my PC is too old, like for all games.

But I know somebody who played it for like 1 week excessively and got
bored of it right away :s..

it has bean on the market for 1 week to day (1 day more or less depending on wher you are) anywhy play it att your friends house im sure hell let you sens hes olready bored whit it Razz

Oh and BTW silliman i got a bit intruigd about al the shadows so i maxd 'em and it runs fine and it looks fantastic but i hate the blooming efx you whar talking about dont get it id prefure sharp images and not fuzzy ones
mactox
got the game on release day. Must say its a sweet game.
I play it on a

3,0 Ghz Pentium HT
2x 512MB RAM
Radeon9800 PRO

Can run it on medium but prefer to run it on low settings for better framerates outside
wslinker
whoops, didn't see this thread before I posted.
alex_ru
Somebody needs walkthrough of game at me is. If it is necessary write in privat .
Saryon
This games looks so awesome! But I'm afraid my computer can't handle it.... And I'm not really planning to buy a new computer.
The system requirements meet my computer, but at the minimum. So I can't play it at medium anyway. And I don't think low looks that good.
Helios
Well, I (a.k.a Helios The Tweak Master Razz) did some tweaking jobs on the game and my PC.. playing at 30fps on low-medium xDDD
with my hardware that's a huge achievement!

Well, finished the game few days ago Smile
Now doing all the side-quests.

I'm an Arch-Mage(Mages Guild), a Grand Champion(The Arena), a Silencer(Dark Brotherhood) and a Pickpocket(Thieves Guild) xD

If you need any help with quests - I'm here and going no where Smile

I also have over 12 mods installed and I also know the basics of how to use the console and the construction set.

Well, Enjoy the game Smile
And please, buy it! It's worth your money!

Let's just hope that Gothic III will be able to compare with TES IV.
TonkPilz
thats grate i have only done up to the 2nd or 3rd goal on the main guest this far i have bean exploring and doing side guests whit a few diffrent chars

my assasin lvl 16 is the Grand Champion att the Arena and a Silencer att the Dark Brotherhood and a cat burguler in the Thieves guild expert snek and expert securety skills

my knight lvl 15 joind the blades only but 5 power stones expert alkemist and expert light armor

i have 3 others but thay cina sucked tho

but im gona play the story guest now tho whit my custom barbarian fighter somting no spels schools tho
mtoni
ah I'm playing this game right now.
I haven't done the main quest yet. (little thievery here and there)
lots of sidequests...

In the beginning the fps was around 20 with 1024*768
and all settings on low. Then I had 800*600 all settings on low.
FPS was around 30-50 (no battles). Then I saw a post on the official forum. Some guy tweaked the ini and now I can play Oblivion with much higher settings than in the beginning and I still have a 'good' fps
noliver
Well sadly this game wont work on my 512mb system. Its very slow and retarded - so even if you have the minumum specs as indicated on the box - you still have problems. I am a big fan of the Elders Scrolls series though and I am pulling my hair out because I have to wait to get money to get more RAM.
Helios
Working on my 512mB sys Smile

Guys, finish the main quest!
You will get Imperial Dragon Armour(armor that the king wears).
Ducksteina
This game simply rocks!
I'm so amazed of the world. There's so much to explore; you'll never get bored.
Also, the quests are very fun and exciting.
I'm a bit disappointed of the balance, though. I have to use my whole Magicka to just kill one enemy. Warriors have such an easier game. Well, I guess that's the fate of a mage. Wink
Urahara
I spent 30 minutes running from one location to the other for almost no reason, except the occasional wolves that come up during that time. I hate how much pointless running around this game has cause they made the places so far apart from each other. And the third person view needs serious work.
Ducksteina
Urahara wrote:
I spent 30 minutes running from one location to the other for almost no reason, except the occasional wolves that come up during that time. I hate how much pointless running around this game has cause they made the places so far apart from each other. And the third person view needs serious work.

Uhm, there is a quick travel function. Just open the map, click on a location you've already visited, and there you are. It's as easy as that. Smile
Thug
This could easely be one of the best games i have ever played DAMN!!

So many features in the game and options and items and weapons and what not, the list keeps going on and on Very Happy

Currently at level 13 with the Dark Elf,

Joined the -

Mages Guild
Thieves Guild
Fighters Guild

1 Problem tho (Helios HELP!!!)

Thieves guild, we got the book (first mission there) But now we have to go to the South tower and steal the taxes and shit. Only we cannot find anything upstairs.... give us a hint where to search!
TonkPilz
Helios wrote:
Working on my 512mB sys Smile

Guys, finish the main quest!
You will get Imperial Dragon Armour(armor that the king wears).

working on it Very Happy
i just hafto get the armys of 2 more citys and then the 2nd .... ting for the ... ting (dont whant to spoile any ting

Urahara wrote:
spent 30 minutes running from one location to the other for almost no reason, except the occasional wolves that come up during that time. I hate how much pointless running around this game has cause they made the places so far apart from each other. And the third person view needs serious work.

Use your map to fast travel if u dont whant to run around. i have made it a bit of a habit to run half why so il find caves and ruins etc

Ducksteina wrote:
his game simply rocks!
I'm so amazed of the world. There's so much to explore; you'll never get bored.
Also, the quests are very fun and exciting.
I'm a bit disappointed of the balance, though. I have to use my whole Magicka to just kill one enemy. Warriors have such an easier game. Well, I guess that's the fate of a mage.

ehhh... mages are one of the easyest chars to play the game whit igues u have missd to to sleep after u lvld or u simply havent given ur spell school musch atention
Helios
Thug, I ment the guild where i'm in.

I've finished D.B, Mages and The Arena.

I will start with the Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild later when I'll finish the side quests.
I also want to get better armour and weapons.. and maybe level up a little.

If you want to do EVERYTHING in oblivion, you'll have to spend about 200 hours ^^
I got the game 4~ days ago Smile
TonkPilz
Helios wrote:

I will start with the Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild later when I'll finish the side quests.

If you want to do EVERYTHING in oblivion, you'll have to spend about 200 hours ^^

what i understod from ther page whas that all the side quests whar 200 houers and that whas not includead the caves and ruins you hafto find and explore by your self... right?
Thug
Helios wrote:

Damn 200 hours Very Happy thats sick/great all in 1 lol.

Hey another question then, who bought the 5000 Gold house in Anvill?
Because i did, and it looks like a pile of crap, defeated the ghosts who where haunting it, but now i wanna fix the place up. Is there any way of fixing up the house? maybe by myself or do i have to visit some1 ?

And if u finish the mainquest, u can do the side quests after? or is the game finished then?
TonkPilz
Thug wrote:

Damn 200 hours Very Happy thats sick/great all in 1 lol.

Hey another question then, who bought the 5000 Gold house in Anvill?
Because i did, and it looks like a pile of crap, defeated the ghosts who where haunting it, but now i wanna fix the place up. Is there any way of fixing up the house? maybe by myself or do i have to visit some1 ?

And if u finish the mainquest, u can do the side quests after? or is the game finished then?

*spoiler*

Well 1ns the ghosts are ehh gone you shuld find a broken vase on the flore some whar in the house whit a letter and a item you need to get rid of the ghosts for good.. a littel tip be sure u have etlest 1 magic weapon chraged or if your a mage be ready thats all... read the letter and folow the quest enterys
tingkagol
this is the best RPG game I've had the pleasure of playing.
Helios
I bought the house at Skingrad.. a 'bit' expensive, but worth the gold Smile
alex_ru
I'm become a vampire!What to do!Red light in my eyes become stronger,on my monitor daylight blinding me...in game
TonkPilz
alex_ru wrote:
I'm become a vampire!What to do!Red light in my eyes become stronger,on my monitor daylight blinding me...in game

*spoiler*

if you dont whant to be a vampire ther is a cure just go to any chapel and ask for a cure for vampiereisem and you will be given a quest to talk to a count in skingruad i tink... but being a vampier hase its benefits like you geting stronger and your sneck abiletys brows greatly pls lots lots more

but ofc u get the down sides of vampierisem like the sun will kill you if you stay in it for to long and u become incredebly ugly so ppl dont whant to talk to you any more and youl hafto feed

when you feed you return to olmost normal the sun dosent bother you as much and your ugly'nes disapears but so dose all your vampier skills

vampierisem is a great aset for thives and assasins but can be a bother for worriors and mages
alex_ru
Thanks now i found old lady makes vampire cure .i must to find argonian blood. Shocked
Damondred
I had to force myself to STOP playing this game after a while. I have been Oblivion free for about four or so days now. It was WAY too addicting. I have to say, moreso than World of Warcraft. And yes, vampirism is WAY too easy to contract. I remember on the older games Morrowind and Daggerfall that you were LUCKY if you were able to contract it. I think Bethsoft is going to have to kinda fix the ease that it is to contract the disease. Very annoying.
TonkPilz
Woho i finished the main quest to day and man the ending whas truley nice and the armor rocks Very Happy

and got to lvl 17 whit my worrior but im finding it a bit hard to lvl my armeror skill coz i have bean useing magick armors and sword ever sens lvl 3-4 and you hafto be a jurnyman to be abel to fix magick items

and im hunting glas weapons now simply to showe them of in my house is skingrad

oh btw BE REALY CAREFUL WHEN U HANDEL THE BOOK OF LITHC if you find it not gona tell you Y yust a tip Razz

after work i whent by a game store and got a new copy of elder scrolls 3 sens my old 1 dissapeard... soon after i got it so this time i hope i will be able to play it whana tray being a wolfman
Helios
Hey TonkPilz, good job on finishing the main quest!
The ending is just amazing Smile

Well, I've finished the Arena, Mages guild and the dark brotherhood.
Soon i'll finish the Thieves guild and start with the fighters guild.
Even after those, there is still sooooo much you can do!

I'll throw few tips for you:
Finish the Mages guild and the Dark Brotherhood before you finish the thieves guild.
Most important: finish the Mages Guild first!
You'll be amazed when you'll see what stuff you can do at the Arcane Univ.
Dark Brotherhood will give you money(arena too).

A great site with mods, btw:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.List&game=4

enjoy!
TonkPilz
Yeah i actualy started on the mage guild resently but whas tinking to do the blackbrotherhood quests 1st i whant shadowmere or what ever the horses name whas im tierd of wolfs and bears feeding on my hours all the time

yeah tha sites is a good one i like the disply cases mod Very Happy
and i have started to make a few dungeons my self donno if il post the plug ins tho and im tinking of re-textureing the dragon armor
Zacku
I read this game's review in Gamespot and IGN and they have praised this game to the sky !! I am surely amazed by this games features and i truly believe this is going to be one of the best games of the year !
TonkPilz
Some of you may have notisd that the develepers of oblivion have relesd a plug-in (mod) that will alowe you to add 2 kinds of armor to your horse unfortunately you will hafto pay 1.29 for it. you can find and read about the plug-in here--->https://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_ProductList.aspx?SubCategoryId=1

persunaly i tink its a far to simpel mod to pay for. i can dl far more komplex mods for free from other ppl that made em.

but for any one thats willing it can be found totaly free as a warez item Ofc i will not tell you whare tho i whont recomend such behaviour Razz Rolling Eyes
Thug
Question...

How do i install the horses armor mod? Any help would be nice

EDIT: Nevermind, i found out how to install m and got it to work Smile
TonkPilz
Just unzip the files to C:\Program\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data
"no sub folders" Razz
sgwreviews
Bethesda really has fallen in my opinion. Why do we have to pay for this little update? If it were a big update with a few new locations and quest, then I would pay for it, but not for 1 piece of armor.
What's the use of it anyway (besides the look). You can't even fight or shoot with your bow when you're on your horse.
Now that would be an imprevment I would pay for.
TonkPilz
The reson u hafto pay for the update even if its to small to take ppl money for whas for them to test the system of buying addons in the future thay did it whit the horse ting coz well thay rader tray it whit a samll ting rader than a huge add on like the 1ns thay are working on now so hopfuly thayl get a massage thru ther heads that ppl whont pay for smaller tings that easely can be dupplecated by other ppl whit ther own construction set tools whitch are free to dl and use

thay will sooon releas a newquest as an plug-in for the game thepending on the qualety of the packed i may buy it tho its probebly on nesesary sens it will become a warez item as soon as it hits the net
theelectrictwins
honestly i think it would be worth buying an entire xbox 360 for this game. i don't have the cash though... but i tried playing morrowind for pc after i played it on xbox and i like the controller more than the keyboard. plus my pc could not run it, it has trouble with windows xp, so i can't get it for pc
crazykamel
i'm curious to konw who has stopped entirely to see his friends Smile or has annihilated his solcial life...

As for me, i'll wait to have a better pc to invest in...
TonkPilz
crazykamel wrote:
i'm curious to konw who has stopped entirely to see his friends Smile or has annihilated his solcial life...

As for me, i'll wait to have a better pc to invest in...

... i confess my sosial life died the vary same day i got oblivion but all that will change tt morrow .... i hope
Helios
I already got tired of Oblivion Razz
I actually found out I have a lot of work I left unfinished.
In addition, my eyes aren't ina very good shape.
I need a break Smile

The game is trully fun.
I still have 1 guild to finish - that is the Fighter's guild.
I'll just leave it for another boring day Smile
TonkPilz
yeah im not tierd of the game yhet but its not as integing any more but i have started work on my own dungeon or cave and im planig on a quest for it but that willcome later maybe il post it here
Psychopath50187
This is a very good game I bought it for xbox 360 I been playing it for a week now.
Keshav
Hmm.. good screenshots.. I wonder how the gameplay is.. I have never played games of this genre.
TonkPilz
yeah well i have done all of the maior quests now so i have started building my own dungeons and stuff im working on a big cave right now and im planing on making a quest around the cave and im gona force a few friends to do some voice acting for me Very Happy

mybe il post it here later when im done cant promis any ting epic tho but im gona do it in 3 to 5 diffrent levels and a key is needwd to get to the next lvl and the keys will be spread out all ower the world so hope fully it will be a few houers of game play

i just need to come up whit a good story to spread out the keys but that will come later as soon as im done whit the layout of the caves Very Happy

any ideas are welcome!!
Thug
Hmm i noticed a little problem.

Yesterday i was doing this quest where some woman stole a ring, i had to visit the jail and there was this dude who had some info for me.

I went on with the quest, i had to find this woman and i had to Sweet Talk with her to get the ring.

Now the marker was added on my map so i headed over there, and i find this woman dead laying there, so nothing to talk about Confused Now i cannot finish this quest...... AHHHH
anhstar
This looks good but MAN! My comp cant even run it at low res heh. I have been on several forums to find for patch and mod to make it run faster, however that make the game look bad, really bad with all the eyecandies shut off.
TonkPilz
anhstar wrote:
This looks good but MAN! My comp cant even run it at low res heh. I have been on several forums to find for patch and mod to make it run faster, however that make the game look bad, really bad with all the eyecandies shut off.

here is a mod for all of you whit lower end systems it will help some ppl whit oblivion runig slow on your systems

Author Description

Better Tweaks - HI have included a DIFFERENT .ini folder in this called Better Tweaks - Slow Computer Edition. It is for all the people who have slow computers and want to get the most FPS out of the game. The original Better Tweaks is called Better Tweaks - High Quality Edition Better Tweaks - High Quality Edition I was very disappointed with what Bethesda did with the game. I found the graphical quality very low. I simply compiled a large list of tweaks that help your computer.

Note - Do NOT go into the visual menu ingame, it will disable these tweaks.

List of Tweaks -

Reflective Water - Now reflects trees, characters, and all other objects.

Splashing Water - much more splashing and rippling water when you jump and move in it.

Better Grass - The grass always takes up a lot of time and is a major FPS killer.
My solution? Decrease the density!
Now the grass looks almost EXACTLY the same, yet loads faster. I was even able to add more detailed shadows.

Detailed Shadows - Shadows can now be placed on more objects.

COMING NEXT VERSION -

Better LOD distance (no soup) - This is where the graphics on this game go from really high def, to incredibly low res PS2 textures.

Dynamic Shadows on all HAVOK enabled Objects - I have found several clues in the .ini files, as well as some other directories. This might take a while. Better Tweaks - Slow Computer Edition Edited Grass, Trees, Sky, and Weather. NEXT VERSION Hopefully edit the AI and processes.igh Quality Edition

Added most tweaks. 1.50 Fixed a few bugs from trees. They look a lot better in some areas. The others are being worked on. Tried to edit shadows, tell me if they work!

Better Tweaks - Slow Computer Edition

Beta Edition - some bugs working out,
90% bug free.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=232
bcnhs81
Indeed its a great game.. but my hardware can barely run it.. im dloding the mod and i hope i get a performance boost.. Very Happy
alkady
I have the game and it is sweet. I can't believe the first thing that happend to me when I first escaped the imperial prison was I got arrested. I would have fought my arrest but ya, I just paid my fine.
Sebaci
Very good game, but nothing amazing
selim06
i have got it and i love that...a my friend played it for 12hours without any mola.But i can't do that probably Very Happy
TonkPilz
Sebaci wrote:

then you simply need to play it more Razz
Sebaci
TonkPilz wrote:
Sebaci wrote:

then you simply need to play it more Razz

I haven't played it even a bit, but I sav trailers, movies, srceens. It's not a revolution like a Doom3 and Half-Life 2, there's nothing special in this game, it's just the best RPG game for a while, with standard graphisc.
alkady
selim06 wrote:
i have got it and i love that...a my friend played it for 12hours without any mola.But i can't do that probably Very Happy

They did the same thing on Gamespot where this guy for 12 whole hour straight played the game. I'm not sure but at the end it looks like he made it to the gate.
Sukozu
Cant say that i have heard so much about it before but a friend om msn told me that its a great game.

I was a big fan of Bioware games like KOTOR 1 & 2 and cant wait for ep 3
also the game from lionhead studios forg its name bu ts the one where you grow up and can be good or evil.

mostly play wow now tho but would very much like to give this game a go at. Very Happy seems to be a very cool game and the screenshots posted look awesome! Twisted Evil
trickstott
Oblivion really feels like the sequel to Daggerfall that I have been waiting for. I'm glad to be back in Tamriel proper, rather than in Morrowwind. While I am a big fan of original creatures and architecture, I felt that the locations and creatures in Morrowind really lacked the history they needed to have in order to be truely immersive.

I'm haveing a great time with all the simple minigames like for persuasion and for lockpicking. I'm also glad to see that all of the dungeons tell a little story. That they aren't just dungeons filled with random creatures. I also enjoy dealing with avoiding tripwires and pressure plates. The inclusion of the Half-Life 2 physics engine is a real plus.

I loved how populated the towns seemed in Daggerfall, and I get that feeling again in this world. The towns folk are actually wandering around or tending their shops. It was so annoying to walk into buildings in Morrowind an be greeted by 3d Still-lifes.
TonkPilz
damn im bean working my eye balls red during the ester weekend whit my oblivion plug-ins so far the quest is in 6 sections 6 tings u hafto do during the time you try to brake the dunguon that is about 50% done

the backrund of the quest is that you talk to Sir' Otto in skingruad (a totaly new char) and lurn that he whas escaping from morrowind whit his sister and whas attackt by the black bow bandits and now you will hafto rescu hes sister and along the why you find out that this arnt what it seams to be....

ohh the drama Razz

well you will be spending half you time in the dungeun and halt the time runing around tambriel geting items talking to ppl etc

and i even managed to get my hands on afew voice actors (friends from here and ther) so ther will hopfuly be speech for 80% of the chars Very Happy
Sinars
This game is amazing. I have played for a good week now and still haven't touched on the main story line. Yes. There are that many side quests to do!
Rank-1
the graphics is impressive Surprised
TonkPilz

The Orrery Mod for Oblivion whas just relesd and just as the horse armor mod you will hafto pay for this one too. But just like the horse armor mod you can dl this one illigaly but just like before im not gona support that behaivor Razz
fireydeviant
I recently bought this game. When I first started with it, I got better frame rates on slide shows run by my sleeping grandmother of their vacation in the country side.

I run:
AMD 2800+
1 GB pc 2700 DDR
nvidia geforce FX 5600 256mb AGP
and
radeon 7200 PCI

I run three monitors, though two are disabled for games ussually.

I eventually got it running decently, though it looked worse than TES3. I disabled almost everything, all sliders at zero. I even ran it through this proggy called 3d-analyze, which allowed me to disable most of the stuff from direct X. With all this, it looked mediocre at best, but played. slowly. It was pretty fun even though it looked almost 2d. I plan on buildign a new system for this and newer games pretty soon.

My current thoughts are:
Intel P4 650 Prescott 800mhz fsb(emt64)
2 gb DDR2 667 mem (2x 1gb sticks)
Geforce 7900GT 256 mb GDDR3 PCI-E (SLI)

Any reccomendations for the game specifically? Any hardware configs running the game at full effects and everything? Should I go SLI? I am trying to keep it pretty low as far as price. Under $1500 would be nice.

That config im thinking about, with ASUS P5ND2-SLI mobo is around $900-$1000 on newegg.

Thoughts?
TonkPilz
fireydeviant wrote:
I recently bought this game. When I first started with it, I got better frame rates on slide shows run by my sleeping grandmother of their vacation in the country side.

I run:
AMD 2800+
1 GB pc 2700 DDR
nvidia geforce FX 5600 256mb AGP
and
radeon 7200 PCI

I run three monitors, though two are disabled for games ussually.

I eventually got it running decently, though it looked worse than TES3. I disabled almost everything, all sliders at zero. I even ran it through this proggy called 3d-analyze, which allowed me to disable most of the stuff from direct X. With all this, it looked mediocre at best, but played. slowly. It was pretty fun even though it looked almost 2d. I plan on buildign a new system for this and newer games pretty soon.

My current thoughts are:
Intel P4 650 Prescott 800mhz fsb(emt64)
2 gb DDR2 667 mem (2x 1gb sticks)
Geforce 7900GT 256 mb GDDR3 PCI-E (SLI)

Any reccomendations for the game specifically? Any hardware configs running the game at full effects and everything? Should I go SLI? I am trying to keep it pretty low as far as price. Under $1500 would be nice.

That config im thinking about, with ASUS P5ND2-SLI mobo is around $900-$1000 on newegg.

Thoughts?

Fore starters STICK whit amd more power for you buck right ther.
eavry ting ells looks fine but if you w8 till middel of summer ther will be new stuff out ther so the older generation of cpus and gpus will go down in price.

the old-new stuff are uselly alot better than the new-new stuff basecly cos the new-new stuff still have some bugs kingks and hickups that hade bean worked out on the older generation

well thats just my 2 cent's

btw i posted a nice littel mod for ppl that whas having allitle problem runing tes4 oblivion nicely so il post it again try it out cant promis any ting tho
[url]

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=232[/url]
Thug
Revamping this topic...

Recently installed new The Orrery Mod, the quest that comes with it was pretty easy to do, and it adds a new room to the Arcane University where u can collect a new Spell every ow and then wich is pretty cool.

Our character is at level 34 right now, closed like 5 or 6 Oblivion gates so far outside Bravil & Anvil & Kvatch and some others.

Just finished with this Quest for the Bruma council, she wanted some sort of stone i forgot the name of it, and i had to collect this book. The quest was north of Bruma.
Ghost Face
OMG I just played this game at my friend's house and exceeded my expectations.. So kuhl.. I like the GUI a LOT and the way stealth is setup. Also how there is no death animation, it just lets the physics figure it out Very Happy
TonkPilz
i whas vary disappointed when i playd The Orrery Mod the guest basecly sucked the only ting u do is go from one camp to the next one to get a few peaces ( marked as a dwarven armor ) the only good ting whas that your abelto use the orray to get a few spels but i still tink the guest whas FAR to easy for that cind of a reward plus its a far to small quest mod to pay for even if its only 1 dollers somting dl the mods att diffrent TES4:oblivion sites in sted you can find far better mods for free longer and more intresting 2
ignition
The $2 "upgrades" are definitely retarded... sad that Bethseda is doing them when they know that modders could create, and would, content of equal or greater value.

Great game though, it's definitely running for best game of '06!
TonkPilz
i totaly agree.

well the Wizard's Tower - DLC3 mod is out it looks like it hase some more fetures to it than the first 2 mods hade hopefuly it hase a quest thats a bit harder this time

Features:

* A fully detailed tower for you to explore

* A breathtaking view of Cyrodiil from the highest point
in the land

* Simple furnishings including a bed for leveling up

* An indoor botanical garden with over 130 specimens...
including Oblivion-native herbs!

* Summon Atronach Familiars that obey your commands

* Instant teleports to every Mages Guild in Cyrodiil

* New Spell and Recharge vendor in the Imperial City

* Fully upgrade the furnishings in your lair to suit your needs

* Upgrade to a fully functional Enchanting and Spellmaking station with no need to join Mages Guild

* Upgrade to a laboratory that buffs your Alchemy skill
Thug
^That mod is looking pretty nice, you have it installed Tonkpilz?

I think i might download this Mod aswell, the tower is looking nice and a good view of Cyrodill is always nice.
Treason
That mod looks alot better than the others. I might just have to go download that one.
TonkPilz
Thug wrote:
^That mod is looking pretty nice, you have it installed Tonkpilz?

I think i might download this Mod aswell, the tower is looking nice and a good view of Cyrodill is always nice.

nope it haden bean relesd on my.... source site yhet when i notisd it hade bean officialy relesd but i dld it now tho and will probebly give it a try later
clownFart
TonkPilz wrote:
Am i the only one looking forward to this game? to me its one of the most intresting rpgs soon to be relesd (not counting never winter night2) the grapichs sems to be supurb and what i have bean reading in magazines the world will be apsolutly amazing and the Ai sounds to be superd too

official page:http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm

OMG! this game is crazy!
when GRAW first came out every one on my friends list for xbox live was playing it, but the day it came out every one sudenly was playing TES4!
I'm a little disapointed with the graphix rendering problems on the X360 but other than that this is the best game I have ever played... and I'm a huge FPS fan. ive been playing this game for over 70 hours and I still haven't been to all the major cities or even near SE of the map.
sound: 9.5
graphics: 9
gameplay: 10(my first ten ever!)
overall: 9.5
TonkPilz
Tryd the new official mod last night im vary inpresd whit this one its vary well done but i still dont like it when things like this are free or close to free like the orrery mod thay relesd a few weeks ago. u shuld etleast pay some gold for the huge castel or take it over by force or somting.
but i gues this one is totaly worth the DL

need to find a few frost salts so i can summon a ... (brain frezze) ice'y ting'y dude monster i have no clue tho whay i shuld do this but im hoping for a quest of some sort Very Happy

well i gues i shuldent komplain im having some trubel whit my own plugin quest for oblivion im sure on the start, half the middel and the end of the quest and storry parts but its the other half of the story thats geting to me whit a few ting i dont know howe to do and some elements of the storry hafto be redone ect...

my quest *spoiler* thers a creture you will have a one time chans to get in the middel of the whole quest nooo its not a special horse it looks more like a cat Smile a huge cat Very Happy but im having some problems ther to i hafto lurn a bit more about 3dstudio or get some 1 to help me but thats for later
im in over my head but thats good i whuldent lurn any ting if i whasent
Thug
Yup, installed the new mod last night aswell. I must say this tower comes in handy Smile You have your own spellmaking and Enchanting Weapons shizzle in there, loads of plants and stuff. Yea im liking the looks of it.
achene
in my mind oblivion is best on xbox. too bad that i havent got a xbox 360 yet. but the game looks really cool. morrowind was one of the best rpg's i have ever player and if oblivion is just as good (hope its better though) it must be awsome. looking forward to play it.
jarcelao
Oblivion is a great game! Heck, it should be honored the best RPG ever made! But it's steep system requirement for the PC is its achilles heel! Hopefully, I can build a system that would run it to its full detail to enjoy the massive world offered by Oblivion! Smile
Toran
OK guys is it as good as it looks?
I found Morrowind a little boring to be honest but the idea of full audiables apealls very much. Too damned lazy to read lol

I am undecided between the PC and the 360 version. I prefer to sit in my comfy chair and lay games on my big TV normally but that customisable content looks interesting. Any idea if costomisable content will be coming out for the 360?
TonkPilz
Toran wrote:
OK guys is it as good as it looks?
I found Morrowind a little boring to be honest but the idea of full audiables apealls very much. Too damned lazy to read lol

I am undecided between the PC and the 360 version. I prefer to sit in my comfy chair and lay games on my big TV normally but that customisable content looks interesting. Any idea if costomisable content will be coming out for the 360?

it is as good as it looks mybe even better.
donno about costomisable content for the 360

but thers alot for the PC official and unofficial and alot of it is good
Comrade
My PC is too low for this game Sad i tried to play it but i cant because of
huge lag Confused
jsrahe
i saw all the screenshots and preview game videos.
i loved morrowind elder scrolls III and played it a lot. I know I would spend days and nights with oblivion, but i don't even try it, because my computer is too old, and a new one, only for this game... i don't know...
TonkPilz
well moste ppl here will moste probebly get a new system sooner or later and the game will be available 1ns you update so thers no real hurry and if your lucky ther may be a few expansins ready by then

right now il looking forward to Project: APEX - A Total Conversion for Oblivion it started as a conversion for morrowind but later jumpd over to oblivion

Read more here and thers a few screen shots to big for me to post
http://www.milsys.com/apex/
Sappho
Dull game, same old repetitive quests, "THE ONE" clique, "Wanna be an elite rogue go kill 6 rats." kind of quests... Graphics is amazing for sure, but am i the only one that plays RPGs mainly couse of story,atmosphere and gameplay? I hope not, long live the FF series Smile
Thug
^Oblivion is simply the best RPG i have ever played period.

I found the FF series kinda boring..... attack & wait...... attack & wait.......

50 hours later ....... attack & wait....... attack & wait Rolling Eyes

/\/\_-^-_Now that is boring as hell _-^-_/\/\

so.. as u can see i rather stick with Oblivion thats like...

Explore the shit out of the world, kill everything that comes on your path, feel free witch quest you wanna do whenever wherever... Make it completly your own story ....

FF is like... everybody has to follow the same way/route and its all the same.

Oblivion > ........................................... FF
TonkPilz
im no fan of the FF series basecly coz of the turn based fights and the limeted storry dont get me wrong the storry in its self is far more involvd than oblivions. but it sure as hell dont have the freedome to choose how to do it when to do it or even if to do it you still hafto do it at 1 point or another or thers no point playing the game. thats not true in oblivion you dont even hafto get close to the main quest in order to advance plus the re-playebilety is 100% better in oblivion thers simply to much to do but i guess that can put some players off
fireydeviant
its funny, im still working on getting the money to upgrade my computer. But i went over to my friend's house and played a bit.

What does everyone think of those shadows for the grass? Turned them on or off?
roadruner
just to tell you guys what i think of the game:

"awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Very Happy
can't keep my hands away from it whenever i'm near my comp Smile

luckily my comp can still handle the game which was my biggest fear when i installed it Smile

I hated morrowind though, but this is far better than morrowind Smile
TonkPilz
fireydeviant wrote:
its funny, im still working on getting the money to upgrade my computer. But i went over to my friend's house and played a bit.

What does everyone think of those shadows for the grass? Turned them on or off?

i turnd it off basecly coz i dident like the look of it cinda like the blooming efx dont get why ppl like blooming... well its up to you if you like shadows for the grass use it or dont its up to you

roadruner wrote:
just to tell you guys what i think of the game:

"awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Very Happy
can't keep my hands away from it whenever i'm near my comp Smile

luckily my comp can still handle the game which was my biggest fear when i installed it Smile

I hated morrowind though, but this is far better than morrowind Smile

Yeah we know Very Happy
but morrowind is a good game ta it just takes for-ever to get use to it
trickstott
If none of you have ever played Daggerfall, I suggest you go download DOS and then go the the Elder Scrolls website and get yourselves a copy. I admit, it is as buggy as a Volkswagon convention, but it has some of the best Dungeon spelunking that I have ever seen.

It may be old and ugly, but I have never found a game with quite the same feelings of freedom and discovery.

Oblivion is the first game since Daggerfall that has come close, but I do admit that I still enjoy booting up Daggerfall and popping into a randomly generated Dungeon to go monster stalking.
jarcelao
I want to play this game!!! But my laptop won't let me play it! Sad
thuganomics
Is this game THAT good? The screenshots looks so nice, but i dont like games that you CANT play multiplayer on =\
TonkPilz
thuganomics wrote:
Is this game THAT good? The screenshots looks so nice, but i dont like games that you CANT play multiplayer on =\

just read the posts most ppl here like it alot i still play it now and then coz of the mods you kan dl att diffrent pages and thers new mods al the time coz its easy to make mads for oblivion you really dont ned much or any programming skills to make desent quests or weapons lvl ect the only problem in the system req and the fackt that its singelplayer only but im still hoping for a co-op mode Very Happy
Thug
Finished the main quest yesterday wooot!!! Pretty dope.

Anyway, anybody played Oblivion on Pshy-X drivers? Yall know the new videocard from that brand.

Let me explain, when installed Ghost Reckon Advanced Warfight it also installed these Pshy-X drivers, dont matter if you have the card or not but Oblivion looks ALLOT better with the drivers on!! Very Happy Im not kidding, we did some tests, when u turn those drivers off Oblivion will look like it always did but damn! check it out is my advice to yall
TonkPilz
Thug wrote:

Anyway, anybody played Oblivion on Pshy-X drivers? Yall know the new videocard from that brand.

Let me explain, when installed Ghost Reckon Advanced Warfight it also installed these Pshy-X drivers, dont matter if you have the card or not but Oblivion looks ALLOT better with the drivers on!! Very Happy Im not kidding, we did some tests, when u turn those drivers off Oblivion will look like it always did but damn! check it out is my advice to yall

i culdent find any page whit the Pshy-X drivers or enen a card named Pshy-X but pls post the url i am intrested in alternetive drivers do you know if thay work whit ati cards?
Thug
TonkPilz wrote:
Thug wrote:

i culdent find any page whit the Pshy-X drivers or enen a card named Pshy-X but pls post the url i am intrested in alternetive drivers do you know if thay work whit ati cards?

Sup, i did some work on this and i found out it was called - AGEIA PhysX 2.3.3 FC4

I can upload this program for you and send it you in a pm Wink its bout 15 mb big, when installed it will say it did not find this card but no worries. Just leave the driver on when playing Oblivion and u should defo see the difference. Atleast at my mates place it works, he has an Asus v9999 Gamers Edition aka Nvidia 6800. Myself i got the 7800 GS but its broken at the moment and im waitin on my new 1 to arive Smile
TonkPilz
Thug wrote:
]

Sup, i did some work on this and i found out it was called - AGEIA PhysX 2.3.3 FC4

I can upload this program for you and send it you in a pm Wink its bout 15 mb big, when installed it will say it did not find this card but no worries. Just leave the driver on when playing Oblivion and u should defo see the difference. Atleast at my mates place it works, he has an Asus v9999 Gamers Edition aka Nvidia 6800. Myself i got the 7800 GS but its broken at the moment and im waitin on my new 1 to arive Smile

Thx alot mate but right after my last post i installd Advanced warefighter and the physX driver whas needed and installd, i havent tryd oblivion yhet tho but i will soon

thx again!
TonkPilz
i look't @ the driver and thay dont have any ting to do whit grapichs thay will however be use to control the physix in a game and 1ns u have the physX card moste om the work on the physX will be done by that card and not the cpu
Thug
TonkPilz wrote:
i look't @ the driver and thay dont have any ting to do whit grapichs thay will however be use to control the physix in a game and 1ns u have the physX card moste om the work on the physX will be done by that card and not the cpu

I dont know, dont you see a difference? I mean the difference is very clear on the 6800 videocard, drivers on - Bomb ass graphics... Drivers off it looks like when we installed the game itself.

Look at your sword/shield`s or people`s hair, its way more shiny and detailed then before...
rusayub
This game looks great but my computer cant even run it at very low resolution . The only way to play it is buying a new computer Very Happy Seriosly, this is good game.
roadruner
Thug wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:

I dont know, dont you see a difference? I mean the difference is very clear on the 6800 videocard, drivers on - Bomb *** graphics... Drivers off it looks like when we installed the game itself.

Look at your sword/shield`s or people`s hair, its way more shiny and detailed then before...

well it doesn't make sense Razz
physX card takes control of calculating the physical thingies in a game (gravity and stuff like that) and that way it takes the pressure of the CPU (like the graphic and sound card did)
so it has nothing to do with graphics
therefor the reason should be somewhere else Wink
TonkPilz
roadruner wrote:
Thug wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:

I dont know, dont you see a difference? I mean the difference is very clear on the 6800 videocard, drivers on - Bomb *** graphics... Drivers off it looks like when we installed the game itself.

well it doesn't make sense Razz
physX card takes control of calculating the physical thingies in a game (gravity and stuff like that) and that way it takes the pressure of the CPU (like the graphic and sound card did)
so it has nothing to do with graphics
therefor the reason should be somewhere else Wink

like roadruner sayd it dosent effect the graphics directly but the drvers dose make the load of the cpu and ram alot easyer and lets it work harder whit othe stuff and may help the cpu&pgu work more efficiently. id recomend any one to install the drvers physX card or not. i noticed that Bf2 runs alot smother on my comp whit thes drivers installd
picsite
heartcore wrote:

You can just test it here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Choose 'The Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion' in the drop-down list and then the test will start.

THANK YOU....you do not know how helpful this site is
Thug
UPDATE: New Oblivion Mod released - Thieves Den

The Thieves Den provides you with everything you need to outfit your stealth-based character for missions. Rediscover the legendary Dunbarrow Cove and the ancient pirate ship The Red Sabre. Dunbarrow Cove not only provides a home base to operate out of, you can purchase new vendors, trainers, and even an upgrade to your sleeping quarters with the loot from your heists.

Features:

-A fully detailed enviroment for your character to own and explore

-Free sleeping space: never pay for an inn again!

-Five upgrades for your lair

-Hire vendors designed especially for thieves, rogues, and assassins

-As you upgrade your lair new pirates will join your crew and provide you with income

-Over 45 new items

-15 new spells

Check for more info -->>

http://obliviondownloads.com/StoreCatalog_ProductView.aspx?ProductId=5
TonkPilz
OH damn i missd this one Very Happy il be dling it soon tho Very Happy as soon as im lvld a bit in ROE
bonestorm74
I racked up 100 hours on this game, and in doing so became the head of pretty much every guild as well as doing as many side quests as I could. Very addictive and fun, that's for sure.
SoljaProductioNZ
ive alwayz loved the marrowwind series for one, its got great graphics if turned up on the higher end graphic cards besides being a tad slow on the actual fighting ingame it has captured me for the last 4 months excellent game
jarcelao
still can't play this game because my notebook pc's video card doesn't meet the requirements. hopefully, i could get a new pc before the year ends for me to play this game. Very Happy
domex
I have in Oblivion Vampire skin:DVery Happy
Tior
Oblivion is great game,but i have often crashes.Do you know why its crashes?,I think its common problem.
TonkPilz
Tior wrote:
Oblivion is great game,but i have often crashes.Do you know why its crashes?,I think its common problem.

oblivion have crashed for me ones and that coz i whas running to many appz and services att the same time. try to limit your background appz free up your ram.

ther can be many more reasons why it craches but my gues is ram oblivion can easyly run on 500 mb ram but it can just as easely eat 1300 mb ram depending on your settings, mods, background apps and services
faker_phil
bonestorm74 wrote:
I racked up 100 hours on this game, and in doing so became the head of pretty much every guild as well as doing as many side quests as I could. Very addictive and fun, that's for sure.

Did that. Head of every guild, except for that one knight's guild you get when doing some other quest in a town. I did all the side quests before the main quest, made it easier kinda.
A friend of mine played the whole game on lvl 2, he just didnt sleep. monsters stay very easy that way Wink
DeadMen
silliman wrote:
TonkPilz wrote:
im not sure about the xbox but on my pc-system it runs grate 3 to 9 sec arnt that long when you keep the size of the world in mind.

i have play the games sens mars/24 the whole weekend blow by like the wind and i only got about 13 houers of sleep

How'z it TonkPilz,

Let me know...

well, with my Geforce 6600GT, it kind of lag a bit in the outdoor. i read some review that say only when you have a high end gaming system will you ever have better graphic than xbox360. you need like the top of the line graphic card though.
TonkPilz
DeadMen wrote:

well, with my Geforce 6600GT, it kind of lag a bit in the outdoor. i read some review that say only when you have a high end gaming system will you ever have better graphic than xbox360. you need like the top of the line graphic card though.

not necessarily true ther are a bunch of fix's and mods for oblivion to make it look better and run smoother

i run it on may system whit full settings tho i have a g-card that still is top notch

i run oblivion on a
2,2 Ghz amd64x cpu
1 G ram
x800xt RADEON 256 mb and not 512 as my sig says
and a lanpart ut 300 mobo

and oblivion run whit full setting (not hdr not supported by my card) whit 1024x768 no problem whit the misc mods and fixes
oh and i turn of blooming coz i hate the fx
Fulgore217
I got this game the day of release installed it uninstalled it and returned if for store credit. This game owned my computer. I was way above the recomended requirements but I only got 1fps I don't know why but I coulden't play it so I returned it.
TonkPilz
Fulgore217 wrote:
I got this game the day of release installed it uninstalled it and returned if for store credit. This game owned my computer. I was way above the recomended requirements but I only got 1fps I don't know why but I coulden't play it so I returned it.

somting whas probeblyenabeld that you g-card dident support that have happend to me whit some games that supports rhd or hdr lighting or what ever its calld
PHPeople
I -BADLY- want this game. I absouletly love RPG's (including Runescape Smile ). And since I got my XBox 360 recently, Im extremely excited about getting this soon.

Either way, several of my friends have it and they have given it the highest rating.

I plan to get it soon

~PHP.
Technaut
such a game would melt my PC, lol. my windows installation is getting ready to crash, so even though i meet the requirements and more, everything runs slow. i must buy another harddrive soon... Sad i can't wait till i get it fixed, though. i MUST have that game.
TonkPilz
Technaut wrote:
such a game would melt my PC, lol. my windows installation is getting ready to crash, so even though i meet the requirements and more, everything runs slow. i must buy another harddrive soon... Sad i can't wait till i get it fixed, though. i MUST have that game.

Have you tryd to reformat your Hdrive whit a NTfs file system and reinstalling win
fireydeviant
anyone gotten into the Oblivion editor yet to start building their own stuff?

It is pretty much the same as the editor for morrowind.

Here is Bethesda's CS wiki: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

And here is an Oblivion domino video, which is awsome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHiIeBsc9E&search=oblivion%20book%20dominoes
Thug
TonkPilz wrote:
DeadMen wrote:

not necessarily true ther are a bunch of fix's and mods for oblivion to make it look better and run smoother

i run it on may system whit full settings tho i have a g-card that still is top notch

i run oblivion on a
2,2 Ghz amd64x cpu
1 G ram
x800xt RADEON 256 mb and not 512 as my sig says
and a lanpart ut 300 mobo

and oblivion run whit full setting (not hdr not supported by my card) whit 1024x768 no problem whit the misc mods and fixes
oh and i turn of blooming coz i hate the fx

Sup Tonkpilzz, i finaly got my system up and running like it should.

I run Oblvion on

Pentium 4 - 2,7 Ghz
768 MB Ram
Nvidia 7800 GS ( with HDR Wink )
Asus Extreme mobo

^^^Once installed it detected my settings and set it to Ultra High Settings lol.

The game looks awsome indeedy with HDR enabled, but the Bloom effect aint to far away from that.

Counterstrike Source with HDR is SICKER THEN SICK, sicker then oblivion thats 1 thing for sure Very Happy
TonkPilz
Yo Thug eavry tings good bean killing some time in neverwinter nights and oblivion found some sweet mod and fixes that re-set's the resolution on the textuers witch makes them look alot better and use less ram

if i find the bundel il post a link here later on if any one intrested
time_ar
I don't like elder scroll series too much. The nonlinear gaming stuff just seems not realistic to me. It's fun to be 'nonlinear' with real people but not the NPCs, just in my opnion.
gmman
I never liked the elder scroll series too much.
Untill now i have Oblivion on Xbox 360 and everything about it is great, the graphics, gameplay so on.

Plus it is quite a long game ( a still havnt finished it )

In my opion it is a great game (one of the best on Xbox 360)
kai_guy99
gmman wrote:
In my opion it is a great game (one of the best on Xbox 360)

It was the only reason I bought a 360. 600 dollars (canadian) just to play oblivion!(450 systym, 50 memory card, 85 game)

And it was worth it. Memorys upon memorys are jam packed onto that disc.

Just the other day, I saw two guards kill a deer at the same time (with a bow). They ran up to their kill, and argued on who was the first one that killed the deer. They argued untill one of them took out a sword and killed the other! (remember this wasn't staged, this all real time AI responding to different situations)

Another story, Glarthir is a friend of mine, who wants me to kill a few people who he thinks are plotting against him. While finding these people i meet a new friend, an orc named Shuzgral. Me and Shuzgral are best friends now. I leave Shuzgral to go and find my target. Eventually, I find him. I sneak up on him but he turns around as soon as I swing my sword, (i dont get my sneak bonus, so he stays alive) he runs away for help fromt he guards, the guards come and attack me, (its 3 on 1) im near death, but Shuzgral comes outta nowhere and saves my life by killing all 3 of the guards that are pounding on me. If I didnt make friends with Shuzgral i would have been killed...

One time, while sneaking around at night, I sniped out a guy with a bow. A guard strolled by, and walked up to the guy who I had just killed saying, "Hello?... You alright there... Are you Ok- AHH YOUR DEAD!", the guard freaked out and started running around in circles. While he ran around I shot him too. Then another guard came by and saw the dead bodies, "Ill get who ever did this" he said while taking out his sword. I ran up to him and chopped him up. Then ANOTHER person walked up to the bodies, "Dead? (goes to next body) Dead too? (goes to next body) EVERYONE IS DYING!!!" he ran off into the dark as I sleeked off to the INN and went to sleep. The next day I woke up and found the guy who had ran off into the dark, braggin to the people at the INN how he found all these dead bodies and fought off the killer untill he ran away...

Those are but a few of the tales that have happened to me on the greatest game of all time... The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

p.s. i reccomend it Very Happy
AdamantMonk
kai_guy99 wrote:
Another story, Glarthir is a friend of mine, who wants me to kill a few people who he thinks are plotting against him. While finding these people i meet a new friend, an orc named Shuzgral. Me and Shuzgral are best friends now. I leave Shuzgral to go and find my target. Eventually, I find him. I sneak up on him but he turns around as soon as I swing my sword, (i dont get my sneak bonus, so he stays alive) he runs away for help fromt he guards, the guards come and attack me, (its 3 on 1) im near death, but Shuzgral comes outta nowhere and saves my life by killing all 3 of the guards that are pounding on me. If I didnt make friends with Shuzgral i would have been killed...

One time, while sneaking around at night, I sniped out a guy with a bow. A guard strolled by, and walked up to the guy who I had just killed saying, "Hello?... You alright there... Are you Ok- AHH YOUR DEAD!", the guard freaked out and started running around in circles. While he ran around I shot him too. Then another guard came by and saw the dead bodies, "Ill get who ever did this" he said while taking out his sword. I ran up to him and chopped him up. Then ANOTHER person walked up to the bodies, "Dead? (goes to next body) Dead too? (goes to next body) EVERYONE IS DYING!!!" he ran off into the dark as I sleeked off to the INN and went to sleep. The next day I woke up and found the guy who had ran off into the dark, braggin to the people at the INN how he found all these dead bodies and fought off the killer untill he ran away...

Yeah that game is pretty good. I have been off RPGs after seeing so many that are turn based or dungeon crawlers or you hit someone and the number 150 pops onscreen (wtf?) and while this is mainly a dungeon crawler in first person (or third person, luckily not hovering above you as if it were zelda, but in 2006) there's enough you can do outdoors and away from the main quest to keep you occupied for days.

When I worked for Glarthir, he attacked me cos "they had gotten to me too" or something, so I just backpedalled to the closest guards and let them pwn him with arrows.

I keep effin up though and forgetting I'm sneaking around so when I try to talk to people I pickpocket them (to their faces) and get jumped by like 3 guards. But theres so much cool stuff to do.
kai_guy99
AdamantMonk wrote:
[When I worked for Glarthir, he attacked me cos "they had gotten to me too" or something, so I just backpedalled to the closest guards and let them pwn him with arrows.

bad move... the best way to handle Glarthir is to kill him on payday! dont bother with assasinating anyone, just wait till the night where he expected you to kill the targets, and kill him, cuz he's got 1000 dollars on him, and no one can catch you when your behind the chapel and you dont have to worry about getting caught with the assasinations of the others:D

but I have a question for others
do people treat this like real life?
I did with Morrowind, but for now im just going through the game.
Does anyone actually analyze situations like they would in real life, and dont do things they wouldnt in real life?

thats another aspect of Elder Scrolls that I just love. (wow i really got off the topic from Glarthir!) You can roleplay through the game, even if things dont mean anything. Example, break into one of the rich manors, take all of his fancy silver plates, pots and pans, supplies, and drop them off in one of the poor houses. Will you get light side points/dark side points? Nope. Will it mean anything? Only to you.

Just today after school I started a new game. I had homework to do so my friend was like, "you better get to it" and I was like "naw, ive only been playing for 30 minutes, i have time to play another 30". My friends was like, "actually its been 2 hours".... "WHAT? No it hasnt". But sure enough i looked at the clock and it truly had been 2 hours. That goes to show how endulging this game is.

as the back cover says,
"BE ANOTHER PERSON, LIVE IN ANOTHER WORLD"

in OBLIVION, your not just some guy, your a person, its not just a place, its a world. the World... of Nirn...

P.S. hopefully my ramblings has now made you want to die to play this game! RIGHT?
AdamantMonk
Yeah that's happened to me a few times, I'll jump on, mes around a bit, and before I know it it's been hours.

On the Glarthir subject and all, how did you do it? I actually watched the ppl (It was so boring but I wanted to see if he really wasn't crazy) then told him they weren't watching him... the third night he brought a battleaxe, but I've read that he usually won't? what gives Neutral
kai_guy99
AdamantMonk wrote:
...the third night he brought a battleaxe, but I've read that he usually won't? what gives Neutral

the AI is completely random. People do what they do for no reason. Glarthir was probably in the local shop, and saw a special deal for a battle axe. Then later that night, he brought it along to show it off. Or there might of been a brawl in the streets (most likely caused by you!) and Glarthir only having a dagger, thought he could use a better weapon so he went down to the shop.

Remember every ones expierence is different.
Suplex
If you want a sad story, I've got one right here:

I had two old PS1s and I decided to sell one of them at GameStop and buy Oblivion at the same time. Ya know, get a little bit of a discount.

Well, it was only a $15 dollar discount, but every penny helps, I guess.

So, I go in, I sell the PS1 immediately, so I don't have to carry it around for even one more second. Clutching the store credit coupon in my hand, I walk over to the PC section (yes, I don't have an XBox 360) and pick up a slightly tattered Oblivion box, the only copy left in the store. Oh, well, I'm not buying it to stare at the box it comes in.

I glance at the system requirements to ensure a sucessful install. Memory - half a gig more than recommended, processor - tolerable, HDD - who really has to worry about that?, and video card - DirectX 9, yes.

Everything checked out, so I went and checked out. The game, that is. Drooling on my way home, I pop open the box and rummage around, feeling the disc, reading the booklet, and smelling the odd warehouse odors wafting out of a freshly opened box.

I get home. I install the game. I execute the game's executable. I see a menu. I click "New Game." I see the King talking to me. Then... I see whiteness. Pure whiteness. WTF???

How could that happen? I go and check the Bethesda FAQ on their website.... oh, no...

Supported video cards... not the Radeon 9200.... which is what I have. But... the box said DirectX 9! Why?!?! WHY?!!?

So I can't play a game I spent $60 on. I can't return the game because it is computer software. And I can't get a better card, because I just spent all my money on the game.

What a day, what week... what a life...

~Suplex
linexpert
My pc isn't capable enough to run oblivion but i was reading about a mod called oldblivion. I think it lowers the requirements for the game to run. Graphics arn't as good but atleast the game will run.

Has anyone tried this and does it work well?
TonkPilz
Suplex wrote:
If you want a sad story, I've got one right here:

I had two old PS1s and I decided to sell one of them at GameStop and buy Oblivion at the same time. Ya know, get a little bit of a discount.

Well, it was only a $15 dollar discount, but every penny helps, I guess.

So, I go in, I sell the PS1 immediately, so I don't have to carry it around for even one more second. Clutching the store credit coupon in my hand, I walk over to the PC section (yes, I don't have an XBox 360) and pick up a slightly tattered Oblivion box, the only copy left in the store. Oh, well, I'm not buying it to stare at the box it comes in.

I glance at the system requirements to ensure a sucessful install. Memory - half a gig more than recommended, processor - tolerable, HDD - who really has to worry about that?, and video card - DirectX 9, yes.

Everything checked out, so I went and checked out. The game, that is. Drooling on my way home, I pop open the box and rummage around, feeling the disc, reading the booklet, and smelling the odd warehouse odors wafting out of a freshly opened box.

I get home. I install the game. I execute the game's executable. I see a menu. I click "New Game." I see the King talking to me. Then... I see whiteness. Pure whiteness. WTF???

How could that happen? I go and check the Bethesda FAQ on their website.... oh, no...

Supported video cards... not the Radeon 9200.... which is what I have. But... the box said DirectX 9! Why?!?! WHY?!!?

So I can't play a game I spent $60 on. I can't return the game because it is computer software. And I can't get a better card, because I just spent all my money on the game.

What a day, what week... what a life...

~Suplex

Oi i did se a fix for that on the mod sites for oblivion a few months back it did get some of the non supported cards to play the game att a cost of graphics tho but as your not abel to play it att all its better than noting right ?
Thug
Something very sad happened Sad

I was playing this game at my friends place cause my new videocard was not in by then. So we played at his place for over 150 hours.

We finished the main quest, we almost finished the whole game and then...

BAM HD Crashed, everything lost. All the games, music, movies etc etc...

A friggin shame Sad Cause i dont realy feel like starting all over again
Suplex
Thanks to everyone who responded to my "Tragic Tale." I went and hunted down Oldblivion - works like a charm, except for the graphics quality, which are actually worse than Morrowind! Smile But who cares? I play games for storyline and fun, not graphics.
TonkPilz
well good news eavry one
a new official plugin whas releasd a month ago a really good one Very Happy

but the real news is that thay are working on a expantion that is pland to be releasd some time this years last korter or the beginig on the next Very Happy

and if thay do half as good as thay did on the original game it will rock Very Happy
bigdbag
i'm running an athlon 64 at 2.4 ghz w/ 1 gb ddr ram and a geforce 6200 and it runs like a beauty... i love this game. its so open and the graphics are top-rate.
Rubbinio
This game is a hog for resources, but once you get a good system it is amazing. I upgraded my memory and videocard and now it works like a charm.

Athlon64 3500+
ASUS A8V Mobo
2Gb DDR Memory Kit Dual-Sided
Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO

or

Athlon64 3500+
ASUS A8N5X Mobo
2Gb DDR Memory Kit Dual-Sided
ASUS Radeon X1600 256Mb

Both run the game amazingly.
Fanelli
I absolutely LOVE this game. Nothing is more satisfying than looting the corpse of the person you just killed lol. I play 2 characters in this game. My first character was basically just an all around cahracter so i could get the feel of teh game and learn what type of character that i like the most. My second character is a khajiit, who is a thief. I havent even done any of the main quests with this character, but i have really good stuff just from pickpocketing it. I joined the thiefs guild so that i could sell all the stuff that i stole. I think the best tactic for making money when your in the thiefs guild is to wait around town statching keys of people as they walk by (pickpocketing) then at night just sneak into everyones shop and houses and steal all there stuff, and to top it all off rob there bodies as there sleeping!
Fanelli
Another thing i thought i should add.

The Dark Brotherhood

Joining the dark brotherhood is awsom because you get to kill people without getting in trouble. The way you get into teh dark brotherhood is by killing an innocent person tehn going to a bed and going to sleep. Once you get into the dark brotherhood you will be sent on a variety of quests in all of them you have tyo killl atleast one person and in some of them you have to kill multiple people. The best quest is where you have to go to a house with 6 people who think that there going to get a money prize but really there only going to get death. They think that all they have to do is fund a chest thats full of gold and they will get a ton of cash, but as there looking you have to kill all of them. But the catch is, you have to kill each one of them without anyone else seeing. So the best time top killl them is when there sleeping. You just go into the room and close the door behind you, because there are other people in the hall and then sneak up tothere besdside and stab them. Then you get to loot there corpse. After completing this quest you get promoted.

Another fun part about the dark brotherhood is you get to become a vampire after completing a feww quests. Vampires have alot of downfalls but there pros outweigh there cons. The good part is that your superstrong and get to kill everything ain one hit, you get to drink blood ( i dont know if thats good) and you get to be a vapire!. the bad part is you HAVE to feed on blood or else you wont be able to go out in the sun making you totally nocturnal.

Wellthats all i have to say. Cya
TonkPilz
yeah i really liked the dark brotherhood ther quests are the most fun and you get the best items ther for most classes not much for warriors tho exept cash the dark brotherhood also have the best horse in the game (the unicorn is a bit better whit 1 speed point but hase a bit lower hp)

but the best part about the game is you will probebly never se eavry ting or do evry ting which gives it a long long life time and replayebilety

and coz of the supurb tool set ther are a lot of extra stuff to download for the pc the is easy one of the best games iv playd no joke
Aiz
I was crazy about Oblivion for a while.

The Dark Brotherhood quests were awesome, but some of them were kinda sad, I won't go into details and spoil it for those who haven't played, but some of them made me shake my head and sigh.

the main quest itself was kinda dumb >.> and the ending wasn't really a "solution" at all <.<; I hate those types of endings

Overall, it was really nice, alot to do, a lot to see. but after a while (especially after a few Oblivion Gates) it got repetitive ><. oh well, it was still a good game. I need to get myself to finish some of the random quests as well as the fighters and thieves guild quests *sighs*