FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash help!

Do you use Flash?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

assex
Hi guys,
I hope that there's someone who uses Flash to create graphics as I need help with something related to Flash. I need help in the following aspect:
I wanted to make a preloading bar to show how much of a movie has loaded as well as the loaded percentage. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Please? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reign
http://www.gotoandlearn.com/

go to 'select tutorial', scroll down and select 'basic flash preloader'

Reign.
assex
Thanks for linking me to that site. It is truly amazing!
Now, er, I need some more help where flash is concerned......

I wanted to embed a web page written in HTML in a flash movie. How do I do that?
MonkeyWrench
flash is something complicated and impossible to learn in detail without taking a course that does flash, try downloading some flash software and mess around with it, thats how i know the basics of it, i have Macromedia Flash 8.
Reign
assex wrote:
Thanks for linking me to that site. It is truly amazing!
Now, er, I need some more help where flash is concerned......

I wanted to embed a web page written in HTML in a flash movie. How do I do that?

Why would you do that?
assex
I just generally wanted to embed a web page in a flash movie so that nobody could find out what the source code of that document is.
Could you please help me?
dancingbear
yes flash is really hard to learn out of a book.
btw why would you wana hide the source?(nothing bad i hope Wink )
assex
I want to hide the source because I don't want anybody to copy it.
assex
Okay, now, please forget everything else that I've asked for and PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS MAJOR PROBLEM!!!
See, I wanted to create a text box in Flash, i.e., using a component, and display its square somehow......PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!

Hey, listen, please DONT post this kind of message:

Flash is something complicated and impossible to learn in detail without taking a course that does flash, try downloading some flash software and mess around with it, thats how i know the basics of it, i have Macromedia Flash 8
Reign
I don't think you can change the looks of a component.

Maybe better to just use a textfield and set a border to it? (if that's what you wanted?)
assex
Well, that's not what I meant at all......
I want to know how you make the user enter a number in a text box and then display its square by the click of a button or something....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!