FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Suffix

Hobbit
Ok I want to buy a .com but I'm not sure what my domain should be. It's going to be kind of like a portfolio/business.

The problem is that I've seen sites like www.lkmedia.com, but there's a variety of words I could use instead of media. For example, lkproductions, lkstudios, lkdesigns. Can you think of any more? Help would be appreciated.

My favorite so far are 'studios' and 'media'. By the way, lk already exists, it's just an example.
Blaster
What is the name of the site you want. Is it going to be something like that? I like studios too.
Hobbit
Tekno will be the name of the site, for now teknostudios is winning. Any other suggestions?
Blaster
Hobbit wrote:
Tekno will be the name of the site, for now teknostudios is winning. Any other suggestions?

Teckno-media.com or you can even use .net too. So dont' limit it to .com
Hobbit
Awww .com is taken. I am strictly against dashes for various reasons(rape, jk) Yes, I'm not limiting myself to .com only, .net is also an option, but that's it because I don't like the other domains.
joshua_erceg
I think that studios sound good too Smile
But I like media better ^^
Jayfarer
Whatever it is, make sure it's easy to remember, easy to type, and easy to say.
rightclickscott
Don't use Right-Click Studios, it's mine all the way. The problem, somebody already stole rightclickstudios.com! Dun dun dun. Now they are just sitting there, not even using it, mocking me...

I'm planning on using right-clickstudios.com once I can get a steady income.
Vrythramax
Hobbit wrote:
Awww .com is taken. I am strictly against dashes for various reasons(rape, jk) Yes, I'm not limiting myself to .com only, .net is also an option, but that's it because I don't like the other domains.

I understand that you don't care for the other available domains, but if it's going to describe your business you shouldn't just rule them out. For SEO purposes your business name and domain name should be as much alike as is possible. I have not searched for any names available, and I am pretty sure you already know all of the upper level domains currently available, I'm just trying to point out not to rule any of the others out off hand.

Who knows, it's entirely possible that the name you have to settle for may grow on you and you'll find that you kinda like the thought of not fitting into everyone elses mold of using .COM, .NET, .ORG, etc. etc..

Just a thought Smile
bgbg
you didn't tell what is the intended purpose of the site. If the site is supposed to be connected to video productions, the *.tv name is pretty appropriate (though much more expensive)