FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

About cloning

splash
does anyone have information on how is the best way to do mas windows installation
cloning on network install i would like to know if anyone has info on how delol and these big company does it
SoftStag
You should take a look at this article on Deploying Windows XP. At the end of the day it depends upon your setup.
I once did a cloning for my fathers lan center. The best thing to do is create one really good installation/setup then after you are positive that you want to make a copy to all the computers you can start the cloning process. The best program in my opinion to use would be norton ghost. Its simple and easy to use. If you don't want to spend many hours taking the hard drive out of each computer the best thing would be to get an external hard drive. Then all you would do is connect the external hard drive. I think there is also a way to do it via router/network but I am unsure on how this process works. If you need any help doing this try doing a google search I am sure there are penty of tutorials for it. I haven't used norton ghost in quite some time now so I wouldn't be able to walk you through it.
ocalhoun
Norton ghost works well. It includes network support, so you have one computer set up exactly the way you want all the computers set up, then you make that a ghost image, then you install the image onto the other computers via network.
That works quite well. Back when I was working for a high school, we used to set up twenty to thirty computers a day like that.
SoftStag
ocalhoun wrote:
Norton ghost works well. It includes network support, so you have one computer set up exactly the way you want all the computers set up, then you make that a ghost image, then you install the image onto the other computers via network.
That works quite well. Back when I was working for a high school, we used to set up twenty to thirty computers a day like that.

This works well if all the computers have the same hardware config. If they are different, then you need to do a separate install on each.