FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Model Railroading (Model Trains)

eday2010
Anyone here into model railroads? It's an expensive hobby, and I am looking to get into it in the next year or two. How did you get started? I am looking for sources of information for beginners on everything from picking the best track, to building tables to wiring and whatnot. Anyone have any good sites I can read? I will be modeling in HO Scale. Anyone have a cool elaborate set that they built? I want ot start small to practice and then build a big one. Yay!!
superbyte
You're right, railroads models are very expensive and you need a lot of space in your house to have a good modeling. I have the wish to make a great model but when I see the prices I always think twice. Rolling Eyes
ocalhoun
I've seen some pretty nice setups, but I would suggest not building anything permanent. Once you finish building it, it can get rather dull.
eday2010
Like I told the wife the other month, my main big setup would be a continuous work in progress. Apart from the HO Scale, I wantto make an N Scale layout, and a Garden Railroad layout too outside. That would be neat. And because it's such and expensive hobby, it would have to be a continuous work in progress. I am not sure I'd ever be able to afford to finish it!!