FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

http://www.samisaada.frihost.net What you think?

SamiTheBerber
I have re-made my pages many times and now they are quite completed. I want have some feedback and suggestions, how to make them even better and also popular. I always try make the code as pure as possible. What contect there should be, that makes you visit more often? I have heard that my English is not so good in pages, so can you give me an example, in which subject of grammar I should better and learn it.

I have checked them with validator so they should be valid, also CSS. I also checked them with http://www.silktide.com/tools/sitescore, which I found a really good tool.

All help is totally needed. Thanks forehand!

Site uri: http://www.samisaada.frihost.net

PS. Check also http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-29651.html
wumingsden
http://www.samisaada.frihost.net/index.php?sivu=about_me

Quote:

I have some exams in near future before national exams. On the middle of March would national exams be maden. I might go with some of my friends to work in a factory of Nokia starting on April. This will last until I go to army in 2006-07-10. I might go working in Nokia if I get there, unless if I can not get in, I would continue working in Lohjan Liikuntakeskus Oy and also make home pages, which I really enjoy Wink Hobby and work together, what a dream

should be:

Quote:

I have some exams in the near future before national exams. In the middle of March would national exams be maden. I might go with some of my friends to work in a factory of the complany Nokia's starting in April. This will last until I go to the army in 2006-07-10. I might go working in Nokia if I get there, unless if I can not get in, I would continue working in Lohjan Liikuntakeskus Oy and also make home pages, which I really enjoy Wink Hobby and work together, what a dream

I do not know what maden is.

Overall a nice site Very Happy
SamiTheBerber
wumingsden wrote:
http://www.samisaada.frihost.net/index.php?sivu=about_me
I do not know what maden is.

Overall a nice site Very Happy

Thanks for Feedback and correction! Maden tries to be one form of verb make, but there seems to be no form maden just make and made, thanks dor noticing that.
ocalhoun
You don't find light green on beige hard to read?
Its like white on yellow.
A darker green would be just wonderful.
bjwok
my honest opinion is this site looks really badly layed out. the colours don't work so well together, there is WAY too much text to read on every page and whats with the white gradient behind the nav bar?

it looks like you may have designed this for school or uni or something similar and while you may have needed to include a whole bunch of 'specs' to satisfy your teacher, in reality this site (and in particular, the 'main' page) is way too clutered. (who really needs to know it is W3C compliant?)
SamiTheBerber
ocalhoun wrote:
You don't find light green on beige hard to read?
Its like white on yellow.
A darker green would be just wonderful.

I can read it, but I changed the green more darker. Is that now better?
bjwok wrote:
my honest opinion is this site looks really badly layed out. the colours don't work so well together, there is WAY too much text to read on every page and whats with the white gradient behind the nav bar?

it looks like you may have designed this for school or uni or something similar and while you may have needed to include a whole bunch of 'specs' to satisfy your teacher, in reality this site (and in particular, the 'main' page) is way too clutered. (who really needs to know it is W3C compliant?)

I edited my page now considering what you said:
  • I moved browser list in Browsers-page.
  • Also that Valid RSS in my RSS-page.
  • I moved RSS-section on sidebar to my main page under the News.
  • Valid xHTML and CSS, also WAI-AAA and Frihosted! are in bottom of the page with Copyright.
  • I correct a bug, which makes my pictures not available in Internet Explorer
Is that now better?
bjwok
definatley a good start, but my thoughts are that there is still too much colour contrastin going on here! google search for 'colour theory' and check out how complimentary colours and dischordant colours work together...
SamiTheBerber
bjwok wrote:
definatley a good start, but my thoughts are that there is still too much colour contrastin going on here! google search for 'colour theory' and check out how complimentary colours and dischordant colours work together...

I search with google and found couple of pages telling same subject. I changed a bit colours and used "websafe colours". I changed fonts in same through the site, because then css validator's warning went away and page looks a bit better in my eyes.

Is that what you ment or which colours I should change?
SamiTheBerber
bjwok wrote:

I search with google and found couple of pages telling same subject. I changed a bit colours and used "websafe colours". I changed fonts in same through the site, because then css validator's warning went away and page looks a bit better in my eyes.

Is that what you ment or which colours I should change?
SamiTheBerber
Server is up again and I have done some changes during new propreties. Is my site now better? What I should change? Give your opinion about it and I would do my best according what I uderstand.
ocalhoun
SamiTheBerber wrote:

Yes, that is immensely better.
SamiTheBerber
ocalhoun wrote:
SamiTheBerber wrote:

Yes, that is immensely better.

Good to know Very Happy Is there anything else that I should fix?
manhattan<3
Well, what I would first suggest is putting more space in between the boxes of words. Everything seems a bit too crammed, close together.

In your Operating Systems page, the picture of the blue lady's face is off. It goes on the words.

I can't really see anything that's HUGE in mistakes. I'd say just consider making the layout more divided and less crowded. Smile
SamiTheBerber
manhattan<3 wrote:
Well, what I would first suggest is putting more space in between the boxes of words. Everything seems a bit too crammed, close together.

In your Operating Systems page, the picture of the blue lady's face is off. It goes on the words.

I can't really see anything that's HUGE in mistakes. I'd say just consider making the layout more divided and less crowded. Smile

I put more space between images and text. What do you mean about 'the boxes of words' ? My News or what?

What browser and operating system you use, also resolution is goodto know? I have Ubuntu-Linux with Firefox and resolution is 1200x1024, I have no pormlems. I also tried with smaller window's size and pictures wont go on text. I have also tried Opera and Internet Explorer (via WINE). Can you take a screenshot and link it here? So I would understand better.
budazz
nice simple site i appreciate you work... Smile
SamiTheBerber
budazz wrote:
nice simple site i appreciate you work... Smile

Thanks a lot! Is there something that I should do better or some features what I should add?
manhattan<3
What I mean is that maybe put more space in between the box of words and the navigation on the left.

The picture of the lady is off, like over here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/silverdream/spre.jpg

or maybe is that what it's suppose to look like? Question
SamiTheBerber
manhattan<3 wrote:
What I mean is that maybe put more space in between the box of words and the navigation on the left.

The picture of the lady is off, like over here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/silverdream/spre.jpg

or maybe is that what it's suppose to look like? Question

I also noticed samething at my screenshot. It is out of place, when I enter to page, but when I refresh, then It would go on place, and refesh again it will stay on place. I'm not sure how to fix that, but I would try to do something about it. This problem is only with firefox.

And the textbox, more space in links or with horizontal rule?
DoctorBeaver
I think the nav menu should be more obviously a nav menu. At first glance it's not obvious. Also, I think the Google box should be at the top. That will catch visitors' attention. With it at the bottom, it's not immediately obvious that it's there.

Here's a little joke to cheer you up:-

Ruotsalainen oli Suomessa eräässä kapakassa ja vakioasiakas ehdotti hänelle: -
Saat tonnin, jos saan iskeä kymmenen kaljapulloa päähäsi. Ruotsalainen mietti hieman ja lopulta suostui, osittain muun asiakaskunnan vaatimuksesta. Suomalainen iski ensimmäisen pullon ruotsalaisen päähän, sitten toisen ja niin edelleen, mutta lopetti iskettyään yhdeksän pulloa.
"No, milloinkas sinä isket sen viimeisen pullon?" kysyi ruotsalainen.
"En minä mikään hölmö ole", suomalainen vastasi, "silloinhan joutuisin antamaan sinulle sen tonnin."

Laughing
SamiTheBerber
DoctorBeaver wrote:
I think the nav menu should be more obviously a nav menu. At first glance it's not obvious. Also, I think the Google box should be at the top. That will catch visitors' attention. With it at the bottom, it's not immediately obvious that it's there.
Is that know better place to Google Search? Top-Right corner is good on my mind Confused I have edit that box a bit too, so it is a bit different now.

PS. Great joke Wink
DoctorBeaver
I like putting stuff that catches the eye at the top. That way it's immediately obvious. Having a Google search on your site makes it more interesting so put it where visitors see it straight away.

That's just my opinion, by the way.

Glad you liked the joke! Laughing
SamiTheBerber
I have make some changes to my web site. I used ReWrite to mask my PHP-files to html, because it makes more search engine friendlier (I have heard so). I also made some changes.

What should I add to my site? I have lots of to do and can continue with full powers for now.

Every help is needed Wink

PS. If someone don't know about ReWrite, it is easy modification to .htaccess file. More can be read in SEOChat

I have already success to raise my PR 4 in main page. Now I'm making contect better in every page.
SamiTheBerber
I changed my site a lot. I hope to get some feedback.

I have now color-theme:
  • White background with black text.
  • Headers are different scale of blue.
  • Bottom of site is light grey.

I removed some hard-to-fit pages and made site looks like my own. There is information about me and my works. In Link Collection are removed topics on different external sites.

I made few changes in the site engine. I add one system to decrease spam through forms.

So what you guys think about my site?
aningbo
your site overall is very informative. i went though all the links and read all the info. rather interesting. btw, which part of the world r u from. u never mentioned the country. or did u? if yes, i 've never heard of it. lolz. zero knowledge left heheehe

may be you could try improving your layout like adding up graphcs and all that. oh why dont you try to derease the size of the font. i uses arial with size=2. some people uses tahoma too.
SamiTheBerber
aningbo wrote:
your site overall is very informative. i went though all the links and read all the info. rather interesting. btw, which part of the world r u from. u never mentioned the country. or did u? if yes, i 've never heard of it. lolz. zero knowledge left heheehe

may be you could try improving your layout like adding up graphcs and all that. oh why dont you try to derease the size of the font. i uses arial with size=2. some people uses tahoma too.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm from Finland, I have mentioned that in some places (maybe only in page description), but I will check that and add it more often in good spots.

I use percentage in sizes, that's because it is relative same to everybody, all can read it, because it isn't too tiny. I will design some pictures and add some to pages. When I changed my layout and dropped pages, some pictures were dropped too. I have optimized my site to look nice with mobile phones and text-based browsers. I need to make layout for mobile web.
aningbo
no matter how i design, the websites luks the same to me in my cell phone (grps enabled) and so i'm wondering what u meant.

i get the same layout for both of our websites lolz...except for the banner.
plato
A very simple, non atteractive designation!
SamiTheBerber
plato wrote:
A very simple, non atteractive designation!
Is that good think or bad think? I'll add some pics later, when I have designed them. Now I'm translating my pages to Finnish. Maybe later German and Swedish are available.