FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain Disk Space

alkutob
As you all know frihost offers a domain of 250 MB Disk Space ... but I was wondered if there is away ( if it allowed by frihost ) to compress data on this disk space without any side effects on the site or the forum ...

I have a forum ( new forum ) with only 45 members since 10 days and this took 11.1% from the disk space .. so what shall I do if my forum's members come to 500 and the domain disk space become full .

( I pray that may bondings prepare 4 a surprize for us )

thank you
saiyeek
Take these suggestions:
1) DOn't allow users to upload their avatars.
2) Don't upload unncessary files.
I think the diskspace is used by your php files of your forum and the theme that you are using. That doesn't mean 11 users have used 11% of your diskspace. All the users accounts are saved in database and it takes very smal diskspace. Your forum can accomodate a large no of users with 250 MB space. 50 times more than 500 or more...... if you don't allow users to upload their avatars and all.
alkutob
saiyeek

please ,,take a look at my forum

http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/forum

thanks
Bondings
alkubot, I wouldn't worry about it. Set a limit for the avatar size maybe. For the forum data, it's probably only a few MB and will stay that way. The majority is the files and a few other database values which won't increase with increasing users/posts. This forum barely takes more than 250MB fyi.
alkutob
Thank you Bondings

I'll do it ...limiting avator size or even ristrict avators uploading ...and as advised me wumingsden about deleting the extra templetes ..

thank you all
saiyeek
alkutob wrote:
saiyeek

please ,,take a look at my forum

http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/forum

thanks

Yes, I have..
My suggestion will work like bondings says.
alkutob
Thank you saiyeek ...big thanks