FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spam + Bots

dxhunter
Hi All

I have a problem spam bots many many time visiting my page and writing my gueest book nonsense message and give nonsense URL but now i give now security code my guestbook now no write these bots every time visiting my page how to STOP this spam bots Confused

%100 BOTS What i make ?
wumingsden
dxhunter wrote:
Hi All

I have a problem spam bots many many time visiting my page and writing my gueest book nonsense message and give nonsense URL but now i give now security code my guestbook now no write these bots every time visiting my page how to STOP this spam bots Confused

%100 BOTS What i make ?

The IP addesses 68.87.72.166 and 68.87.82.165 are registered to the same person, the other IP address however is not. Wether these are Bots I ahve no idea although they are registered by different people in different countries.
dxhunter
Tnx. I know spammer IP but every time change these ip and every time visit only /guestbook/sign.php or /guestbook/addEntry.php file only visit 2 page and to work my guestbook but to put security code my book but maybe same people help me i want no coming this stupid spammer Confused
Bondings
Security codes and/or cookies are the best solutions to this problem.
Daniel15
What kind of spam are you getting? It could be an actual human putting the spam into the guestbook (it happens a lot). Post an example of the spam here.

If the comments have a lot of links in them, then it's "link spam". This is used by evil bots to make a site's pagerank higher (by increasing incoming links).

Also, does the spammer enter the correct security code?
n0obie4life
Use Capcha or have a dropdown menu or a checkbox to verify if it's not a human..

Code:
Check this to make sure you aren't a bot<input type="checkbox" name"areyouabot" />

Code:
if ( isset($_POST['areyouabot']) )
{
if ($_POST['areyouabot'] == '0')
{
echo 'die bot';
exit();
}