FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Access denied... why?

DoctorBeaver
I've just uploaded the first page to my site and tried to view it with my browser.
I entered http://docslodge.frih.net/ as the address (the address specified in my acceptance email) and got the following error message:-

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What's all that about?
saiyeek
Don't you know abt default page????
Name your page like index.html or index.php and try to view it with http://docslodge.frih.net/ address, it works fine. Otherwise enter the name of the file to view the file you want to view. like
http://docslodge.frih.net/filename.extension
DoctorBeaver
Oh dear. I think I may have found the problem. I just checked the FTP log and look what I found:-

Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\public_html
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\.bash_logout
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\.bash_profile
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\.bashrc
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\.shadow
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\logs
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\private_html\index.html
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\private_html
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_ftp\incoming
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_ftp
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_html\cgi-bin\.htaccess
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_html\cgi-bin
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_html\index.html
Deleting file ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_html\logo.jpg
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\public_html
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net\stats
Deleting folder ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net
Error: Failed to delete directory ftp:\\ftp.docslodge.frih.net\domains\docslodge.frih.net (error 12003). Internet extended error: 550 docslodge.frih.net: Directory not empty

I didn't realise I had it set to auto delete files no longer present in the source directory. WAAAAAAAA... I need serious help now. Confused
saiyeek
Do this thing..
Login to your direct admin through http://frih.net:2222 and delete your subdomain under advanced tab> domain administration and after that again add your subdomain docslodge.frih.net and upload your files to public_html once over again. I think that will solve your problem. THat way your every files will be reset.
DoctorBeaver
OK, thanks. That seems to have worked.
Just 1 small problem, though. I used the FTP parameters I was given in the acceptance email & my files have gone into the root directory, not public_html, so when I try to view it with my browser, I just get the Direct Admin page.
Do I have to add /public_html to the end of the FTP address?
DoctorBeaver
Many thanks, Saiyeek. It's there & working now.
saiyeek
DoctorBeaver wrote:
OK, thanks. That seems to have worked.
Just 1 small problem, though. I used the FTP parameters I was given in the acceptance email & my files have gone into the root directory, not public_html, so when I try to view it with my browser, I just get the Direct Admin page.
Do I have to add /public_html to the end of the FTP address?

Easy solution to your problem.
Make a ftp account under FTP settings.
make the access directory as domains/yourdomain then login with your ftp client with that ftp account, it works fine
FTP usename must not exclude yourname@yourdomain.
Hope it is nice with.
You are welcome.
DoctorBeaver
It's working so I'm not going to touch it again. I'd probably break it! Rolling Eyes