FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love at first sight?

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Yes, and its happened to me
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
No
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
I'm not sure
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 29

ChrisCh
Do you believe in love at first sight?

Love at first sight was how it was on the incredible night that i first laid eyes on the most beautiful girl that i've ever seen... (she's now my long-term girlfriend). Is this a rarety or have many others experienced love at first sight? And/or do you believe that it could actually happen?
CamiBor
i don't think there is something like that. It could happen that you have a crash on somebody when you first see him, and afterwords it can become true love, but it wasn't true love from the start.
Jaiye
No such thing as love at first sight. Unless you actually know the person, all it is is lust and idealistic fantasies. Congrats on transforming those into love in your situation though.
Garnet
I think it's insanely rare, but real. I can sure understand the people who don't think so though, the logic there is pretty close to being flawless.
saiyeek
Yes, it happens to me eveytime I see a sexy girl. I am admirer of every beautiful girls. LOL
Kaneda
Jaiye and CamiBor pretty much summed it up. You can't love a person you've just met. Having a crush on her (or him), feeling attracted to her, "Falling in love" with her - very different from actually loving her.

May just be pedantic word games, though. Sure, you can have a crush/feel sexually attracted etc., and then after a while, it'll evolve into love. Happened to me, although it took a year for our relationship to evolve from friendship to love - even though we both had a crush on eachother from the start Smile Been together for a couple of years now (+ the year of endless wanting to be together Wink).
smartbei
As a friend of mine once said: "...more like lust at first sight." I have to agree. The only thing you can know about somone at first sight is how they look, and while this is very omportant for your initial attraction to them, its importance degrades as you enter a long-term relationship. There must be more to love than beauty.
Jaiye
smartbei wrote:
As a friend of mine once said: "...more like lust at first sight."

I say that all the time....

do I know you? Shocked
ChrisCh
wow! thanks everyone for all your feedback!
white tiger
I voted no, I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe you can't truely love someone until you get to know them.

- my two cents
Scorpio
I dont believe in it too.

Though it is nice to fantasize over this "hot girl" you saw some day, it is not going to work out unless you get to know more about her and she, about you and all the other yada-yada Very Happy
Slammer
I do believe in it, in a way. Yes you can fall in love at first sight, but its what you do about it, and if the feeling is mutual, and you have to work at it once you are together.

It happened to me, and we've been going out for almost a year and a half now! and were still going strong.
eLto
I voted I'm not sure, because It's never happened to me, except that, yes, I have fallen in love at first sight, but those girlfriends have usually not lasted more than a month, which basically mean it's never happened to me.

I mean, yes, it has happened to me, but the time it took before the love fainted was too short to make me believe it actually exists.

however, who knows, might just be me that's been in bad luck Wink
lisa33144
You can definately feel a strong attraction to someone the first time you see them, and maybe a strong connection after the first time talking to them. Even if this develops into love, I believe love is something that takes time and getting to know the inner person.
amirkpe
i don't believe in it ... but i think it's a way to find your true love ... (attractive one Wink )
input
Surely it would be more like lust or maybe a mutual chemistry between two people more than love. Yes there has been times when ive seen a girl and really liked her, but it wears off, if it were love, it wouldnt wear off so quickly. Saying that though, maybe it is possible and congratulations to those whom it has happenend too.
Gieter
I don’t think you can speak about ‘love’, but only ‘being in love.’ If you see someone new, you can’t know immediately their character, their personality, their taste of music (sometimes you can, but not always), you only (this is my opinion) be physically attracted to them. So in that perspective, I don’t think you can speak of ‘love at first sight.’
startsomething
i believe in it. I never used to until I met her. We dated for a while, but something happened. Not really sure what. But I still love her. What happens when you love someone, but they don't love you back?
markbt
Yeah I think love at first site is true!!! its happened to me!!! but it wont happen to everyone, you gotta be lucky!!!! it might happen to everyone and they just dont realise until later on????
smartbei
Jaiye wrote:
smartbei wrote:
As a friend of mine once said: "...more like lust at first sight."

I say that all the time....

do I know you? Shocked

Only if you are a girl, live in Wisconsin instead of Nor-Cal and several other important differences...
reme
yeah, i do belive in love at first sight. i'm always in love at first sight, first impression. or not. if yes, then i try to have a relationship with the girl i'm in love. now i'm in love and she's intelligent, beautiful, with great sense of humor and she's a sex machine:] good luck in your love life.
Pyxel
Nope. Even if you see somebody and you have this chemical reaction and attraction towards each other, there will always be something wrong.

This is speaking from my experiences, anyways. It may work for other people. When I met my girlfriend for the first time, it was definately not love at first site. We hardly even noticed each other. But I do belive that we met for a reason, and that was to be with each other. Of course, we didnt know that at first ...
nexusads
i get cautious when dealing with 'love at first sight' encounters. i mean, how do you know if their genuine or not? I simply take it as a compliment and just be mindful on how the situation progresses. I believe love is something which is forever growing and evolving, not something stagnant or happens in the first 5 seconds. well boys and girls, feel free to argue Smile
teh_razz
well ya know anything is possible and for some people it just clicks and _boom_ they are set for life!
cazlun
I voted "no"! I don't believe in love at first sight, when we meet someone it is attraction at first sight, since we normally know absoulutly nothing about this person. We learn more about them afterwards. If it was love at first sight, well, they could be a complete monster for all we know or worse.....This is kind of what happened when I met my husband for the first time. I was phsyically attracted to him the first time I laid eyes on him. Luckily he wasn't a monster! Rolling Eyes
dac_nip
No. that is not called love. its what you call lust. haha. that's just hedonistic.
Gieter
teh_razz wrote:
well ya know anything is possible and for some people it just clicks and _boom_ they are set for life!

But do you start loving each other directly at that moment (at the first sight?) Do you appriciate him/her because of his/her character, how sweet she/he is, etc.? I don't think so. You may fall in love at the first sight, but love is something else. Smile
Tasukii
I could believe in it. You can fall in love with someone at the first sight. Imagine yourself spending your life with him, having babies and stuff like that. But eventually if you talk with him, spend more time, you can discover you were wrong and that is a total jerk -to your eyes-
avblue
I suppose anything's possible. You never know until it actually happens, though. Guess you were lucky enough to find out. Smile
dac_nip
this is a joke. no matter how i see it. it will never happen!
Gieter
Tasukii wrote:
I could believe in it. You can fall in love with someone at the first sight. Imagine yourself spending your life with him, having babies and stuff like that. But eventually if you talk with him, spend more time, you can discover you were wrong and that is a total jerk -to your eyes-

There's a difference between falling in love with someone and loving someone. It's a subtle difference, but you'll start to know it when you're really in love (I'm just too tired to tell all about the difference of falling in love and being in love, forgive me.)