FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to set up PEAR with my php5

ammonkc
I just had to reinstall my php and mysql due to a hard drive failure last week. I was able to get apache, mysql , and php 5 installed successfully. But I can't figure out how to get PEAR working again with my php installation. I was using the PEAR DB, and HTML_AJAX libraries before my hard drive died.

is PEAR installed with the php 5 distrobution? I thought that I read somewhere online that PEAR was included with php after php 4.3. if so then is there something in the php.ini file that I need to edit to activate PEAR with my php? could someone please help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

I'm using a mac OS X 10.4 running Appache 1.3, and PHP 5.0.4. I installed php5 using the entropy binary from marc liyanage (I don't know if that makes a difference).
krazycapital
PEAR should be installed with it. If it isn't you might have to get it on your own. I use a simple alternative (xampp) but my friend has PEAR just with PHP.
dandelion
Probably you need some extra action to activate PEAR (like to running go-pear.bat under Windows).
ammonkc
I just figured it out. the problem was the include_path in my php.ini file. by default it is not pointed to the pear libraries directory and it is commented out. I just added the path to the pear libraries directory and that fixed it. thanks for all of the comments.