You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i am a die hard fan of mettalica ..
are there any others out there
It's Metallica...

I like them but not my favourite band
They have some ok songs....but over all not that great. However I will give them the fact that they have some amazing guitar players...
i think they're very good i saw them like 3 times live and they were sooooo good
I used to love Metallica when I was younger.

What's your favorite one of their songs?
I see Metallica in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
It´s amazing band!!!!
I know some people can find them boring or may be hard
but i love them ..
i used to be a great fan of metallica but their later works have really disappointed me.
when i was younger (not that i am old now) i never would have imagined a band that released master of puppets or kill em all would later become a nu-metal band. it's not that i hate nu-metal or anything like that but i just don't like listening to it.
also their policy of sueing people that download their songs is really frustrating.. like they don't have enough money right now..
to stop the flaming Rolling Eyes favourite songs: master of puppets and the thing that should not be (this song has a great atmosphere (as it refers to the works of lovecraft Very Happy ))
For whom the bell tolls, time marches on.
Nothing else matter
Until it Sleeps

the husky voice n the guitar ..lovely....Smile
i love metallica.. we are just playing a metallica song (for fun and practise) in my band Razz
I've been listening to this music since I was an infant (since I was 'lucky' enough to have a brother that was a heavy metal maniac, beating music up load while I was a baby, if definitely made me work on my crying skills back then to top the loudness of metallica) ... And I even sang some of their songs in a private dinner at a respectible dining place while with my father and mother and their guest (they didn't expect it at all, I just jump on the chair and started singing, didn't remember it though, I was too small) .. And I still rock with em! although the new album isn't as perfect as their previous .. Well,I'm hoping for that game they promised, although I doubt the release, since perhaps they didn't get their targetted sales from their latest album. . good luck on the next album guys! u rock!
Metallica... what can I say???
They were the pioneers of a new generation metal... Now they totally suck.
I have their each and every album.....St.Anger was the bitch which made them go to the rats

The early days

Metallica was formed in Downey, California in 1981 by drummer and former tennis prodigy Lars Ulrich and guitarist and vocalist James Hetfield, who met after each had separately placed classified advertisements in the American publication The Recycler. James Hetfield responded to Lars Ulrich's call. Bassist Ron McGovney was an original member, and the band used a few transient guitar players, such as Brad Parker and Jeff Warner. Their first session played was in Lars Ulrich's garage. At that time there were only three members, Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield, and Lloyd Grant. Ron McGovney joined a few days later. Metallica got its name when drummer Lars Ulrich was helping San Francisco-area metal promoter Ron Quintana pick out a name for a new magazine to promote metal and the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal bands. Quintana came up with a suggestion "Metallica," but Lars quickly suggested another and decided to use that name for the band he and James Hetfield had just started.
The classic line-up: Kirk Hammett, Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield and Cliff Burton.
The classic line-up: Kirk Hammett, Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield and Cliff Burton.

In early 1982, Metallica recorded "Hit the Lights" for the first Metal Massacre compilation. Guitarist Lloyd Grant was brought in to do the solos on the track but was never a full member of the band. Desperate for a full time lead guitarist, Ulrich posted an ad in the local newspapers. Dave Mustaine from Huntington Beach, California, a guitarist from the band Panic responded, and upon arrival started a sound check. Ulrich and Hetfield were so impressed with Mustaine's warm up and equipment that they asked him to join before actually auditioning. A few months later the band recorded a full demo, No Life 'Till Leather, which quickly drew attention on the underground tape trading circuit. Conflicts with Mustaine eventually caused McGovney to leave the band, and he was replaced by Cliff Burton from Castro Valley, California, lured from his band Trauma in exchange for the other members of Metallica relocating to the San Francisco area.

Upon arriving in El Cerrito, California, the group quickly built a healthy local following in the Bay Area Thrash Scene via word-of-mouth and live performances. Metallica then traveled to New York in 1983 at the urging of local promoters Jon and Marsha Zazula, and after a few gigs the band signed with the Zazulas' brand new label, Megaforce Records. Shortly after arriving in New York, Mustaine was fired due to various disruptive, unproductive behaviors all related to alcoholism and other addictions. Kirk Hammett was drafted from Exodus to replace him. Mustaine would go on to create the thrash metal band Megadeth. A pupil of Joe Satriani, Hammett brought to the band a more melodic and progressive lead guitar style than that of Mustaine. This would become more apparent after Ride the Lightning, the first album to feature Hammett's songwriting.

Metallica's first album, Kill 'Em All, was released in 1983 on Megaforce Records. The album set the template that they would follow throughout the 1980s, prominently featuring the heavy vocals and aggressive rhythm guitar of James Hetfield. Kill 'Em All did not have huge sales after its inititial release, but it did establish Metallica a loyal fan following in the growing 'underground metal' scene. A year later Metallica released their second 'Megaforce' album, Ride the Lightning. The new album expanded their form with longer songs that featured both lyrics and instrumental pyrotechnics that rose above some of the playing on Kill 'Em All. Perhaps the most significant feature of Ride the Lightning was the inclusion of "Fade to Black", a slower, more introspective song that mused on the thoughts of someone contemplating suicide. Indeed "Fade to Black" is the first such song in a tradition that would come to include "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" and "One". The inclusion of these slower, introspective songs distinguished Metallica from most other thrash metal bands such as Anthrax, Slayer, and Megadeth.

Some fans saw Metallica's formation as a direct reaction to the prevalent rock and roll music of the early 1980s. Inspired by bands such as Motörhead, Diamond Head (comparing themselves and their sound to a combination of the "epicness" of Diamond Head with the sound of Motörhead in the sleeve notes of 1998's Garage Inc., humorously citing that "two heads were better than one"), and Saxon, the so-called New Wave of British Heavy Metal, as well as hardcore punk like the Misfits and Discharge, Metallica was single-minded in their desire to break the grip of soft metal on heavy metal fans

Animal wrote:
Use quote tags in your posts or you will get a warning for spam
subhramani wrote:
Metallica... what can I say???
They were the pioneers of a new generation metal... Now they totally suck.
I have their each and every album.....St.Anger was the bitch which made them go to the rats

your right about st. anger. it sucks.. but i still listen to their old tracks though.
Yeah... totally.
I too still listen to their old tracks. Mainly Master of Puppets song is one of the best.
I heard that Metallica's new album which is supposed to be releasing later this year will kick new Slayer album's ass.

You cant really compare metallica and Slayer since its an totally different genre.
My sister love Metallica but I can't listen them because I don't like that kind of music.

Best regards to everybody.
I love them, they are my favorite music band Twisted Evil
*runs into topic*

i soo love metallica Very Happy
i've seen them live once, 6th of december, but the sad thing is, they were really small figures on stage from my position Razz
Metallica is just totally awesome Wink
used to be good,

now i cant satnd them, st anger was one of the worst albums i brought!!!!

black album!! those were the mettalica days!
I really don't like metalica, I didn't even know they are still playing? do they visit Sweden?