FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Republican, Democrats, or other, who is right?

diverden
In a nutshell, Republicans believe in the principle of "business rules". In short, let the foxes guard the henhouse and let them count the chickens at the end of the day, just remember their mantra "trust me".
The democrats want to appoint a committee and talk the problem to death, hoping that the meek will inherit the earth and that people will do the right thing if given the choice.
Independents are like the guy in Kung Fu, without the special effects, they want to achieve their view of the world to dominate but they do not have the money, influence or really cool ahhh yes weedhopper sayings to win the war.

Ultimately, the two parties in power, rule the roost. Their goal is power, money and influence. That is not to say that there are not some good people in government in power but they are too few in number and have too little influence to make a dent in the juggernaut.
atomictoyz
IMO

The country was founded by Independents...

They went a different direction than Englands 2 parties at that time.

As far as Im concerned the 2 parties we have, have suppressed the will of the people.
Garg
As far as i'm concerned, Republicans are just a bunch of evangelistic white pricks !

Forbid abortion ??? Even in the case of INCESTS and RAPES ??? What kind of country is it becoming ?

I'm sorry, but the kind of decisions they're making because of their faith seem to ressemble the coranic law... It's a bit exagerated, but what is going on ?
Soulfire
Garg wrote:
As far as i'm concerned, Republicans are just a bunch of evangelistic white pricks !

Forbid abortion ??? Even in the case of INCESTS and RAPES ??? What kind of country is it becoming ?

I'm sorry, but the kind of decisions they're making because of their faith seem to ressemble the coranic law... It's a bit exagerated, but what is going on ?

Why should we support the killing of people? Besides, the North Dakota law that forbids abortion says it is okay only when the mothers health (physical or mental) is compromised, so therefore the argument of "incest and rapes" is void.

As far as I am concerned, the Democrats are just a bunch of baby-killing, whining, unsatisfiable brats who MUST have it their way (or they cross their arms and pout about it), and they seem to never have a real platform. They believe one thing, say another, switch beliefs, etc.

In my opinion, nobody can be "right." It's just what you believe is right. What I believe by "right" (for instance, I do not support the killing of babies), may not be right to someone else (someone who supports the killing of babies).

It just really depends.
Vrythramax
I'm not sure I agree with either part line, so I guess that would make me an independant by proxy. However I do think we need all three parties as a means of checks and balances. Each party is out to discredit the other one, so no party will allow another one to get away with anything if they can help it. So it is one way of keeping the other guy in line and (semi) honest...or as honest as politicians of any party can be. Keep in mind, most politicians are/were lawyers at some point so they are trained to lie with a straight face...even if they were not lawyers, they still know how to lie or mislead us in someway so who can you really trust?
Jeslyn
Green Party
/end
smalls
atomictoyz wrote:
The country was founded by Independents...

Not true. Their views at the time tell us the parties with which they would align themselves today. Most would fall into the Republican category. Many would be considered Libertarians. Very few would be considered mondern day Democrats. They believed (summarizing) in principles of small government (Republican) that was based (believe it or not) in Christian values (also Republican). I'm not saying this means that Republicans are the superior party (I'm an independent). I'm just saying it's dishonest to say that the founding fathers weren't partisans. My personal opinion is that we should support those who support scaling back government's intervention in our lives. Government should be just big enough to provide the necessities of the common good (police, fire protection, military, roads, judicial system).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ---Benjamin Franklin