FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stephen R. Donaldson: Thomas Covenant

PublicKiosk
This author is superb. His writings involve a leper, named Thomas Covenant, who has lost everything. It goes through how Covenant is sent to a mysterious place dully called the Land, in which he disbelieves. Because, when he is healed from leprosy, he knows it cannot be. It is an amazing series of books that encompasses the extent of human emotion and the distance of such a foreign plague as leprosy. These books changed my perspective of life.
johanfh
Actually, Donaldson wrote two series about Thomas the Covenanter. I really liked the first series, especially the idea that there is some kind of parallel universe which Thomas could enter. It made my imagination work for weeks and it gave me some nice ideas about the world you dream of: is it possible that you also live in the world of your dreams? How do you know the characters in this world are fictuous and the characters you meet at day are not?

I did not like the second series as much as the first. I didn't finish them, read maybe one or two books of this serie, turned pages of other parts of it and decided not to read on because otherwise it might spoil my memories to the first series Smile

Whats your opinion?
JohanFH
ovg8
The first seris was pretty good especially the last one but i got really bored of the second one of the second series and gave up all together cos it didnt seem worth it anymore.
Radar
Having looked a bit into the idea of these books, they seem really interesting, but considering that I'm in the middle of two different series at the moment, a large piece of writing to jump into.