FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggest me a very good RPG game.

Guelila
Hello all,
I am a big fan of RPG games, but i want to play a good rpg game for PC.

First of all, I loved the FF7 & above series, Tales of Symphonia (soo goood!!) and a few other games.

But now, I am looking for a good rpg game for PC.
If there are any RPG games that you have played and liked very much, please suggest me a few...
I am not a big fan of turn-based rpg games, but i dont mind them.. so...

And one more thing, It has to be a non-online game, meaning that I should be able to play it offline. (without internet conection).

I will send you some Frih$ if I think that Ill like the game Smile
MikeRavenelle
Just wait for Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. .. Its gone Gold already. Its REALLY REALLY GOOD. For Ps2 I would get Grandia 3 and then wait for KH2 and FFXII. Heh So happy.
rip8fan1
So many to choose from, and so little time!!

Baldur's Gate I and II (plus the expansions)
Neverwinter Nights (plus the many expansions)
Diablo II (and the expansion)
Planescape: Torment
Icewind Dale I and II (plus expansions)
Sacred Gold (I'm currently playing - and it is much underrated!!)
Knights of the old Republic I and II
Might and Magic VI, VII, and VIII
Elder Scrolls III
Dungeon Siege I and II

If you want to try some free ones (that are not as good as the above ones), try here:

http://www.computer-game.us/adventure_rpg/index.htm
rightclickscott
There was a great, cult favorite RPG called Legend of Legaia for the PS1. You can also get it's PS2 sequel, Legaia 2: Duel Saga. It had one of the most original fighting systems ever that was completely ripped off by Xenogears, but it still managed to do so many original things. I would suggest you play the first one, though, since it's more fun to play than the second one. The main change that Duel Saga made, and it is a big one, is a much more organized fighting system, so it's easier to understand, but in the first one, well, it's in game graphics were so good for the time, that they even took it up another level, and made it so you could see the armor that you equiped. Also, you never actually needed to buy new weapons, since the fighting was hand to hand, and it all depended on your phsyical strength, but it was a good idea. While the original Legend of Legaia had much better story, and boasted the funniest in game moment ever in an RPG, which was the "Vahn, what's a pimp?" decision question, Legaia 2 had a story full of twists, turns, and instead of the pimp question, it had another decision question where if you kept denying the iron bikini clad Sharon to your team, she would eventually bend over, and Lang would accept her. These are two very good and solid games with alot of depth to the combat systems, and great, memorable stories. I highly suggest both of these games.

*Edit: There was one huge difference between the two. While Legend of Legaia tended to be very linear, Legaia 2 has more side quests than any other rpg, ever. Any time you enter a town you've already been in, something new happens. It makes you want to go so deep into the game just to see what new recipes you'll learn, any new weapons, gold, or just for sh*ts and giggles, just when you thought you were out of stuff to do, you find something completely new.
heartcore
I woulf say Fallout both first and second. Though, they are turn-based. But they are one of the best RPG games I've ever played. It's in a post-apocalyptic world. This game really has a must-(have-)play(ed) status.

Then I have to say Gothic both the first and second one here(and the expansion to Gothic2). And it's really hard later in game. This game will take many hours form you Smile

ANd we have Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall if you like som old-school rpg games. But I guess I would go for Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind as rip8fan1 mentioned. There is a really big world in here and you can do almost everything you want. To rob an inn to help a lady, go kill some orcs or just become a vampire Razz

Fable: The Lost Chapters is the last one I have to recommend. I have ony played it for the xbox though. But I guess it is mostly the same. This game reminds pretty much about the Zelda games.

And then we have Arcanum.
Gamespot wrote:
If you're serious about role-playing games, Arcanum is well worth the investment of time, money, and effort.
It is in world were you use both firepower and magic a really cool game Smile
But this is turnbased like Fallout. But you should give both Arcanum and Fallout a try because they are two of the best RPGs out there.
darth_revan
haha, my favourite topic Very Happy

if you are going to start playing it, or you are just a begginer, try the first game, if you are master of RPG's, try the last one

Diablo (it isnt a RPG, but it's a good start)
Sacred (that's not RPG too...)
Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic and KotOR2: the sith lords
Newerwinter nights
Fallout
Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines
Baldur's gate
Elder Scrolls (try morrowind)
Arcanum

In RPGs, your second playing wont be similar to your first playing. That's why i like RPGs. Diablo will bore you after a few days, Sacred is better at this point (if you can play despite the bugs).
KotOR does contains lots of RPG elements but it wont confuse one with a little knowledge.
nwn is a good game but it doesnt contain lots of sidequests
Oh, fallout... bestest RPG ever! a typical RPG player worships Fallout, no one can call fallout a bad game.
Vampire... it's a good game about WhiteWolf... its fun too, if you have enough patience for it's loading screens...
Baldur's gate will confuse a player normally. There is no game that can make us feel like we're playing FRP, but Baldur's gate was the closest game for that aim...
Elder Scrolls... you have lots of characters to create, all will make you feel different. you arent as free as you were in Arcanum but it makes you feel free more than arcanum does...
Arcanum... i cannot write about it, no one can, actually. Think about the bestest game you've played, arcanum is better than that, i can say that. My keyboard doesnt let me show my feellings about Arcanum, only ones that played Arcanum can understand me.
rightclickscott
If you can find them, look for Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga's 1 and 2. I haven't played them yet, but I hear they are amazing.
boringest
baldur's gate

diablo are something like rpg too and also civilisation
hobbes
I would have to say... KotOR and the second one. Best games ever. Neverwinter nights is also a really fun game.
squeakypants
Final Fantasy 6. No question: best RPG there is. FF4 is a close second. Trust me, it is amazing. It was the best (and one of, if not the, first) showing of the magic-vs-machine war. And kefka is so goddamn evil. You can't consider yourself an RPG gamer unless you've played FF6 (FF3 on SNES)
Natrualkiller
wow is a great rpg very addicting (like a love hate relation ship) good rpg actually mmorpg its fun until end of month comes and payday comes Sad -15$ o ya!
Kelcey
My favorite is Xenogears. Chrono Trigger is right up there as well. Final Fantasy 4,6,9 are also up there. Suikoden 2 is by far one of my favorite games as well.
rightclickscott
The original Suidoken will cost you shit loads of cash, hell, you may never find a copy, but it is a classic. At least try to look for it.
phantomllama
final fantasy and zelda
joemanspace
yeah final fantasy is a good game you cant go wrong with it Smile
Monkeydog
Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger Chrono Trigger
or FFVI, Wild Arms, Lunar, Earthbound, or just wait for Oblivion.
Insanity
I'm not sure if you're also talking about MMORPGs, but if you are, World of Warcraft, Ragnarok Online, and Silk Road are some pretty good ones and mostly free private servers for WoW and RO).
choeirule
i would recommend you to wait the release of NeverwinterNIght 2
the preview is extraordinary excellent.........

it continues the saga
you know, Elder Scroll series is a fine ones too
especially since the release of Morrowind ( and its add-on)
continued with the fourth series Oblivion on PC and XBox
marvelous, excellent job from bethesda
MasterMilotic
ohh! pokemon Emerald! I love that one!
darth_revan
MasterMilotic wrote:
ohh! pokemon Emerald! I love that one!

i like all pokemon games, especially blue.
Urahara
The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion seems like an amazing game. Everything generated in real time, amazing graphics, good quests, and not turn based.

Online RPGs I'd suggest Ragnarok Online too, though you have to pay if you really want to have fun in that, private servers do suck.
Nutorious
<i>Baldur's Gate I and II (plus the expansions)
Neverwinter Nights (plus the many expansions)
Diablo II (and the expansion)
Planescape: Torment
Icewind Dale I and II (plus expansions)
Sacred Gold (I'm currently playing - and it is much underrated!!)
Knights of the old Republic I and II
Might and Magic VI, VII, and VIII
Elder Scrolls III
Dungeon Siege I and II </I>

I wouldn suggest Diablo II anymore as it just has nothing but hacks and is pretty crappy now, dungeon siege i have played and i think its fantastic actually, theres alot of mods tho as its a gas powered game but thats a good one!
PublicKiosk
i'll suggest:

• Jade Empire: This game is extremely fun and allows for diversity, such as fable. You can either be good or evil, depending on how you choose the game. Of course, its an asian game, so some dialogue is in a different language, but it's incorporated into the game. The story could be a little better, but it works.

• Fable: this game is short, but sw33t. like, JE, you can choose to be bad or good. Bad is better to play though, so, i think its better. It's a shame they didn't release the full Project Ego. The gameplay, graphics, and sound are good while they last.

• Tales of Legendia: If you've ever played the tales games, this one's a real treat. the graphics are good and the gameplay is amazing. the unique combat system is really fun. also, loading times are almost eliminated. everything streams really well and the story is deep. One of the greatest games i have ever played.
eLto
All the Final fantasy games are recommended, especially Final Fantasy VII.

also, Star Wars Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 are extrememely good games.
Thief is also RPG-ish, but if you don't like 1st person rpgs, don't try it.

also, some good rpgs that haven't gotten the credit they should are games like Tales of symphonia and Skies of arcadia. Timestalkers for the Dreamcast isn't all bad either.

It all depends on the style you want, really

Diablo and Diablo 2 for the PC are great hack 'n' slash rpgs for pc, with endless online possibilites, especially the latter.

also, there's a HUGE mountain of massive multiplayer online rpgs. you can find reviews, images and such on mmorpg.com