FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

carl005
I have seen the movie twice and I've started the book, but I'm having trouble getting through it. I feel bad because I know I should read the book, but I already know what happens story. Can anybody fill me in on the stuff that I may be missing by not reading the book?
Vrythramax
I read the book first then later saw the movie then reread the book, but I can't tell you what all about the book as they have a "Spoiler Rule" in this forum Sad

The author, Hunter S. Thomson (spelling?) also wrote an expose' book on the Hell's Angles that nearly got him killed. Have you ever seen that guy on TV? He's bugged right out of his mind...you can hardly understand what he is saying half the time. I guess you can do too much acid and still live....kinda.
Ioana
Vrythramax wrote:
I read the book first then later saw the movie then reread the book, but I can't tell you what all about the book as they have a "Spoiler Rule" in this forum Sad

The author, Hunter S. Thomson (spelling?) also wrote an expose' book on the Hell's Angles that nearly got him killed. Have you ever seen that guy on TV? He's bugged right out of his mind...you can hardly understand what he is saying half the time. I guess you can do too much acid and still live....kinda.

I understood the spoiler rule is, that you have to warn before giving out those informations... so if you announce it's going to be a spoiler, that's ok then.
zebrabongo
Itís not so much missing storyline that you will find in the book.
Itís the vivid painting of a drunk, strung out and sleep deprived brain.
There is no way you can make that justice in a movie.
Although I have to admit the casting was phenomenal.
I canít see anyone else doing a better job.

I actually saw the trailer for the movie when it came out and went straight out and bought the book.
Loved it, but didnít go to see it. It wasnít until a year later that I finally saw it, but it couldnít quite capture the strangeness.

Not spoiling anything here, but the scene with the highway patrolman was perfect.
Casting Gary Busey was a stroke of genius.
Ljsk
zebrabongo wrote:
Itís not so much missing storyline that you will find in the book.
Itís the vivid painting of a drunk, strung out and sleep deprived brain.
There is no way you can make that justice in a movie.
Although I have to admit the casting was phenomenal.
I canít see anyone else doing a better job.

I actually saw the trailer for the movie when it came out and went straight out and bought the book.
Loved it, but didnít go to see it. It wasnít until a year later that I finally saw it, but it couldnít quite capture the strangeness.

Not spoiling anything here, but the scene with the highway patrolman was perfect.
Casting Gary Busey was a stroke of genius.

True. I just read that part in the book, loving it so far.
HoboPelican
Hunter was my role model back in the 70's. Luckily I lived though it. Very Happy

His writing is what it is all about, but I did enjoy the flicks "Fear and Loathing" AND "Where the Buffalo Roam" Sadly, Hunter S. Thompson took himself off the shelf permanently last year. Gonzo Journalism will never be the same.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
HoboPelican wrote:
Hunter was my role model back in the 70's. Luckily I lived though it. Very Happy

His writing is what it is all about, but I did enjoy the flicks "Fear and Loathing" AND "Where the Buffalo Roam" Sadly, Hunter S. Thompson took himself off the shelf permanently last year. Gonzo Journalism will never be the same.

Amen! Rest in peace Hunter.