FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

POP3 access to many of the well know web mail services

virtualsom
Ever wondered how to download and keep a offline copy of the mails that the are on the online web based mail servers ( Gmail , AIM, Hotmail, yahoo ...)

Get pop3 access to many of the well know web mail services. Using POP3 Protocol , you can keep your orginal mails on the server and download a copy for offline reference .

current I use Fox Mail as my pop3 client and FreePOPS to get pop3 access to the web mail servers ( gmail, aim, 30gigs and softhome )

If you are also intrested , please read the the FreePOPs manual at

http://www.freepops.org/en/files/html-manual/manual.html

this manual gives details on how to setup Outlook express with Freepops

For Fox mail setup visit http://www.freepops.org/en/tutorial/foxmail.shtml

- Virtualsom
bangala
virtualsom wrote:
Ever wondered how to download and keep a offline copy of the mails that the are on the online web based mail servers ( Gmail , AIM, Hotmail, yahoo ...)

Get pop3 access to many of the well know web mail services.

Actually you don't need any other software to get pop3 access to Gmail. Gmail already provides this service for free. All you need to do is to modify your free gmail acount settings to allow for pop3 access Smile
Kaneda
Yeah, no need for programs like FreePOPs to get GMail POP3 access. But FreePOPs is probably the best solution I found for getting POP3 access to Hotmail etc. (I use Hotmail for semi-spam - i.e., news from cinemas, amazon, iTunes etc., while GMail is for the more important, personal mail).

Works tremendously well, and allows to download from not just the Inbox, but the Spam folder too (useful, since Hotmail's spam filter really has no idea what it's doing...). Even if you have some obscure web mail account, if it isn't officially supported already (I think about 80 webmail services are), it's easy to write a script for FreePOPs to support it. Smile