FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spam warnings...

S3nd K3ys
Since I hit a brick wall with foggy, I'll try to get some explination here as to why I got a spam warning.

foggy doesn't want to deal with me because I guess I ask too many questions I just asked which post I was warned about so I'd know what you consider spam. He couldnt tell me, instead he brushed me off...

Quote:
I'd like to request that you don't PM me concerning this matter. I feel that I have explained it enough such that you can refrain from doing it again, and that is good enough for me.

Here's where that came from:

foggy wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
If you're going to give me a spam warning, shouldn't you tell me WHICH post is "spam" so I'll know what you consider spam?
Although I was not the one who gave you the warning, I merely sent out a message in bulk to all the people placed on the list that Bondings has comprised. I think that it is a safe bet, though, that one of the major contributing factors was the 20 or so topics you had flooded our General Chat section with last night.

I would be happy to answer any more questions that you have, just try not to come across so rude next time. I am not sure if you meant it that way, though.

How was that rude? Or are you just sensitive?

Basically his 'explination' was that he didn't know why I was warned about spamming, yet he was the one that sent me the warning. He refused to explain which of my posts was the reason for spam, except to say that it was likely one from last nite. Each post I made last nite was typed by me, asking or stating legitimate subjects. (This board is, after all, for posting, right?)

So if the mod who sent me the warning will be so kind as to point me in the direction of the post that caused said warning, I'll try to refrain from making posts like that any more.

I'd also like to know why posting legit topics quickly is considered spam??

Also, I'm not complaining because I know first hand how hard it is to moderate/administer a forum, (I admin a forum with over 13,000 members), but there seems to be a lot of 'grey' area concerning what is spam and what is not, as well as how spammers are notified. (Explaining to the poster WHICH post got them the warning(s) would be beneficial IMNSHO)

Thanks.
foggy
Sorry for cutting you off, I guess you could say that I've been having a bad day, that's not an exuse, though. I'm merely trying to justify posting that.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, and I don't fault for more misinterpreting what I was attempting to convey, but you seem to have mixed up a couple of my intended meaning of my PMs to you.

One of the main points of you post is that I haven't told you which of your posts caused you to be placed on the dreaded list (which I don't see as a big deal in the first place, and your entire reaction seems to be a bit over the top) I don't know if you missed the following section of my 2nd PM to you, or if you just failed to include it in your post, but just so I don't come off looking like a complete jerk, here it is:
Quote:
As I said, i don't know the specific details of your warning, but to me it wasn't only the content of the posts that made it spam, it was that combined with the fact that the lion's share of them were posted in a span of 30 minutes.
Maybe it's just me because I wrote it, or does that explain the reason? (That was a real question, not a sarcastic comment.)

That would also answer your final question. Immagine what would happen if every user posted that number of posts. It would be impossible to follow and clog up the entire forum.

One more thing I request of the users of this forum, is to limit their posts in this topic to ones containing information as this would be a prime candidate for one turning into a spam pail.
meangurl
i admit i was irritated with his flooded topics in the general chat last night and no, it ain't really spam but most of them are kinda senseless (no offense but yeah). but maybe it ain't really senseless for some people but "regular" people like me can't really relate with your topics.
n0obie4life
Yes. If I were him, I'd given you a warning too.

He did nothing wrong in giving that warning. I felt that it was right. I saw the spam last night. Its very irritating.

Its not like the spam you did last afternoon (for me) was full of good info or whatever of that sort. But I looked into one or two, they were all just a few word post, etc.
gonzo
I find it's best to discuss warnings and bans FIRST in a mods only forum to avoid hot headedness from winning the day.
S3nd K3ys
n0obie4life wrote:
Yes. If I were him, I'd given you a warning too.

He did nothing wrong in giving that warning. I felt that it was right. I saw the spam last night. Its very irritating.

Its not like the spam you did last afternoon (for me) was full of good info or whatever of that sort. But I looked into one or two, they were all just a few word post, etc.

I'm not saying it wasn't warranted. I just wanted to find out what you considered spam. I see a lot of posts that are no different than what I post, just different, (alcohol induced? ) subjects. Wink

Or was it because I typed them one after the other? I don't get it. Should I wait 15 minutes before starting a new post? What's the time limit?

Would it have been better taken if I'd put it into the humor section...? I was just trying to start conversations on different subjects. You'd be amazed at some things people will say about certain things that seemingly mean nothing.

Personally, I would rather get a thread going on a subject like "why we as humans like music so much", instead of 47 different flavours of "do you like (insert band here) or do they suck?"
Maka
gonzo wrote:
I find it's best to discuss warnings and bans FIRST in a mods only forum to avoid hot headedness from winning the day.

And how do you know we didnt?, can you see the mod forum to and the admin rooms?.
tricker
i think it's too strict.because there's so many ppls here.and we must post to keep our account.
in my opinion,u should add a section to post with any strict.
Bondings
tricker wrote:
i think it's too strict.because there's so many ppls here.and we must post to keep our account.

It's should be the opposite. The more people we get, the more strict we will become. This message board shouldn't be spammed at all. And please tell me, why should anyone post a message that nobody wants to read?
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
tricker wrote:

It's should be the opposite. The more people we get, the more strict we will become. This message board shouldn't be spammed at all. And please tell me, why should anyone post a message that nobody wants to read?

Yes. And its only 5 posts. I'm sure you can do it without any spam. Why spam when its possible to get 5 posts without spamming so easily?

Whats more this is one of the few hosts that I've seen without a paid plan, and all you need is 5 posts at the forum. Its quite good already.