FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PVPMachine - Paintball, Video Games, PC

Ultima1080
Hello folks of the virtual world, I have my website up...well...technically. My problem is I don't have much design work done due to my mid-term exams coming up. That being said, my site ~ www.pvpmachine.frih.net ~ is about Paintball, Video Games, and PCs. I thought that one interesting way to expand the site would be to add reviews of products (generally newer). However, I can only do so much and I was wondering if anyone want to help me out? I can't pay you anything as of yet, but I can give you props for your review on the site. Let me know if you're interested!
wumingsden
Ultima1080 wrote:
Hello folks of the virtual world, I have my website up...well...technically. My problem is I don't have much design work done due to my mid-term exams coming up. That being said, my site ~ www.pvpmachine.frih.net ~ is about Paintball, Video Games, and PCs. I thought that one interesting way to expand the site would be to add reviews of products (generally newer). However, I can only do so much and I was wondering if anyone want to help me out? I can't pay you anything as of yet, but I can give you props for your review on the site. Let me know if you're interested!

On this page I would move the ajoining box (update) more to the right so it is not touching the other box (PC of the Month).
I like how you use different colours for different catagories.
Alie
I don't think saturated blue and black colours are the best desigion for a site. Text is difficult for reading...
Ultima1080
Yeah, but a white background is like staring into a lightbulb. Dark colors are better for your eyes Wink
noexes89
I vote for white, mostly cause I turn down my brightness. Anyway, your site isn't bad, it's just a bit amateurish. But that's what the site is, so it's cool. Nice work on the graphics.
Ultima1080
Razz thats only after a bit of work, i forgot i had mid-terms coming up
Ultima1080
Updating it some...tell me what you think!
ocalhoun
The navigation system is very nice, but it is otherwise unremarkable.
SamiTheBerber
I think that layout is a bit messy :S There is nothing that holds packet in one part. Maybe you should use more colors, not just one in text and another in background.

You should also make a description in front page and <meta>, because I first was amusing with "What kind of page is this?!?" Layout is a bit boring but pictures are nice Wink You should make links to be links and not just text.
wumingsden
I prefer black backgrounds then white, I never have used a white background for any site that i've worked on. I like it Very Happy
joshua_erceg
Sadly, I to feel that the design is a little bit 'amateurish' - but apart from that it's looking good ^^
Just wondering - do google actually pay you to put those ads there?
Ultima1080
Well, google pays me when people click on the ads. Granted, it's not a lot, its enough for me to eventually buy some website tools Razz

Also, the site is under constant upgrading though unfortunately I have a mid-term tonight and I cannot possibly write enough articles and design a new page for them every time. Though I did write a Building a PC article that I thought was pretty nifty.
Dark-Tech
i do have to agree it does seem a bit sloppy but i have a question for you how exactly does that google thing work

i mean how much do they pay you; when do they pay you and is it even aloud on frihost?
wumingsden
Dark-Tech wrote:
i do have to agree it does seem a bit sloppy but i have a question for you how exactly does that google thing work

i mean how much do they pay you; when do they pay you and is it even aloud on frihost?

Yes it is allowed on FirHost. There are a number of deals that Google offer which are available at www.google.com/ads I believe the payout is annually although I have never used it so cannot be sure, I also believe the payment method is usualyl pay-per-click. Google Ad's will not make you a millionaire.
Ultima1080
If you generate over $100 a month, then they'll pay you. Unfortunately, that seems to take awhile. Also, theres a direct link to Google AdSense on my homepage below the search bar

Yeah, I agree its sloppy Razz I'll clean it up within a week or so.
Dark-Tech
Ultima1080 wrote:
If you generate over $100 a month, then they'll pay you. Unfortunately, that seems to take awhile. Also, theres a direct link to Google AdSense on my homepage below the search bar

Yeah, I agree its sloppy Razz I'll clean it up within a week or so.

so you need to make over $100 amonth from it or else they won't pay you at all; and how does the earning $100 work if its payper click how much do you get per click $1, or $0.01 or ?
Ultima1080
Well, its for every UNIQUE click I think. But I believe its somewhere around $0.30 or so per click

Forums are up and running! LOOKING FOR MEMBERS TO POST, BROWSE, AND OTHERWISE USE THE FORUMS!

Could you guys tell me what you guys think of my site/forums now?

Animal wrote:
Multiple posting is aginst the rules. I've merged your posts - please don't do this again.