FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Would You Like to know when you will die?

Would YOU like to know when EXACTLY YOU will die?
Absolutely!
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Yes(Maybe)
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
No(Maybe)
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
No way!
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

DecayClan
What if, in a magical way, we would be able to determine EXACTLY the time/date of death?Would you like to know yours?some people think "yes of course, so that i will be able to do all the things that i want".Others say "no, i don't want to know when exactly i will die, because i will get depressed etc.."

Would YOU like to know?
Vrythramax
No Way! I think that would take alot of fun out of life for me. I would probobly just hang around depressed because I only have X amount of time left or I'd work myself silly to provide for my family after I'm gone. I like the thought of living each day as if it were your last (not from a hedonistic point of view), but at least with that theory you don't actually know if it's going to be your last and unwittingly you will be looking forward to doing it all over again tomorrow. Not to mention what it [the knowlege] would do to my family, loved ones, and friends, assuming that I told them of course.

I'd prefer blissful ignorance in this case.
cnnet
I don't want to know
when I'd die
as If I know
I'd do things to previent it happens
and I couldn't do other things
then life is of no meaning
the_mariska
No, thanks. It would took for me too much time to complain of how little time left I have. And commit a suicide before the exact date Wink I prefer to put my hope in God and take as much as I can out of my life, not worrying about the day when I die.
Kaneda
A world of no!

Other than (as others have mentioned) it putting a stopper in a lot of what you do, a lot of the most fun things in life come (at least to me) from not knowing if you'd die tomorrow (or in 5 minutes).

I get more done without a set deadline (because then I'll put it up until the last day) Wink

Actually, this reminds me of a new topic for the Philosophy forum - the importance of knowledge of death in what constitutes intelligence. Smile
xorcist
I would I'd do proberly everything that they said on 24 hours to live. If you know that song. I'll proberly just want to know because I'd do everything that I wanted to do or would do and afraid of he consequences but I know I'm going to die in a while anyway.
the_mariska
xorcist wrote:
I would I'd do proberly everything that they said on 24 hours to live. If you know that song. I'll proberly just want to know because I'd do everything that I wanted to do or would do and afraid of he consequences but I know I'm going to die in a while anyway.

If something is really worth doing, you'd have no problems with yourself doing it now. I don't need to face death to do what I want to. Before I die, I'd only want to remind everyone special to me that I love them. Wink
robi
No, not really Smile

When it will come, I'll just face it, death is something natural Smile
DDBKA
If I know when I will die, maybe i will have no will Twisted Evil
Jack_Hammer
It is impossible for me to know excatly when I will die (and therefore if I was told I would not believe it) and therefore have great fun laughing it off, and enjoying life absolutely regarless of whether or not I was told. As I have already been told millions of told excatly when the world is going to end millions of times you just get used to being told your going to die. Though I am not terribly affraid of death, I mean, what is life without death?

*Points at tidruGs signiture*
Wink
kimrei
I would love to know the time and date of my death because that means that until that point arrives I would be practically immortal.

I could have tons of fun jumoing off tall buildings to see how I would survive, playing in traffic and eating interesting, anonymous and highly suspicious mushrooms.
Jack_Hammer
kimrei wrote:
I would love to know the time and date of my death because that means that until that point arrives I would be practically immortal.

I could have tons of fun jumoing off tall buildings to see how I would survive, playing in traffic and eating interesting, anonymous and highly suspicious mushrooms.

Just because you won't die doesn't mean (if for example you jumped off a high building) you wouldn't be in hosiptal for the rest of your life, and be an imense amount of pain and wish you were dead, does it?
psycosquirrel
I didn't vote because I could care less when I die. Even if I did know, I would not do anything differently with my life.
kimrei
Quote:
Just because you won't die doesn't mean (if for example you jumped off a high building) you wouldn't be in hosiptal for the rest of your life, and be an imense amount of pain and wish you were dead, does it?

If such is the case I'll OD on pain killers and Jump (or roll) again.

Or get a submarine to deposite me 20000 legues under the sea to see what happens

Or hire myself out as a human shield.

PS.No, I'm lying, I'd probably only do those things in my last week, but I wouldn't fear death till I need to.
sibbahz
No chance! if i found out it was soon id just go nuts. Even if it wasnt, id just dread it when the time came.
kimrei
But then you might as well just dread it period (with or without predestiny knowledge)

You know that it's very unlikely that you won't ever die so knowing it will happen is pretty standard
thiamshui
i would like to noe so i can prepare myself for it.. settle what i need to settle before my time runs out and i have unfulfilled dreams or desires..
Vrythramax
kimrei wrote:
But then you might as well just dread it period (with or without predestiny knowledge)

You know that it's very unlikely that you won't ever die so knowing it will happen is pretty standard

Very true, but knowing that you will eventually die (as we all will), and knowing exactly when you will die are two completly differant things.
kimrei
In terms of fear you wouldn't really need to worry about death until it's around the corner right?

Even then it would be like waiting for christmas ("I wonder what I'm gonna get!").

So if you're gonna fear death then having a date would surely be the better option.

+You could prepare by locking yourself in a room full of pillows 2 mins before you die.

Or arrange to have witnesses around in case you're murdered.

Or sell the movie rights to a snuff film website and have a going away party (you could have annual death day parties preceding the event if you want an excuse for extra gifts).

You could even get a 6 foot hole dug, put a coffin in it and get mourners to gather around then get into the coffin at the last moment. It would be terribly romantic and dramatic if you do it with flair.
CamiBor
yes, because i want to live someone a note with explanations about life and ask him to show as many people as they can the note, but i feel stuipid writing it now when i (hopefully) have a lot of time
Garnet
kimrei wrote:

I like the sound of that Very Happy

Yeah that depend on if I knew whether or not that was the date I'd die of old age, or the day I'd die no matter what. If it were old age that would mean I could be killed before then.
I think I would like to know since if it turned out to be when I'm 90 something, I could live up until then without worry. I don't think it would depress me since I know I'll die one day anyway, and if it turned out to be tommorow I have a lot of stuff I'd like to do. Things that would really mess my situation up if I wasn't going to die.
KHO
lf l knew, then l would be in a closet that day hiding Neutral. That doesn't sound like any fun, now does it Neutral?

Now if l didn't know, and l was just on a rollarcoaster and BAM! Rollercoaster flys off the tracks, then l would be having fun before l die at least!
Vlien
Well, there are more possibilities, that's why I answered Yes (maybe).

First is, you've only got a couple of days left to live => in that case I'd like to know so that I could prepare myself for it, you know, say good-bye to everyone I love...

Second, like a few years you've got left to live... in that case I wouldn't want to know, 'cause what would you do with those years? Finish studies? For what reason?

I've recently had this dream, about someone calling me to tell me that I was going to die the next day. I've never been soooo happy to wake up!
Vrythramax
Garnet wrote:
I like the sound of that Very Happy

Yeah that depend on if I knew whether or not that was the date I'd die of old age, or the day I'd die no matter what. If it were old age that would mean I could be killed before then.
I think I would like to know since if it turned out to be when I'm 90 something, I could live up until then without worry. I don't think it would depress me since I know I'll die one day anyway, and if it turned out to be tommorow I have a lot of stuff I'd like to do. Things that would really mess my situation up if I wasn't going to die.

Just for the sake of arguement...if you knew exactly when you were going to die, then wouldn't you die at that time and not before? So you wouldn't really have to worry about it happening by accident or otherwise before that time came about. As it was was said earlier, you would pretty much be able to do whatever you wanted to until then. In any event...I wouldn't want to know when.
ethan182
absolutely yes because if you plan on doing something in the future that you do not want to do now it might be too late in the future so when you know when exactly you are going to die then you can do whatever you want.
ocalhoun
This is just a little paradoxical:
Supposing I found out "you will die in a wal-mart store"
I would then studiously avoid wal-mart stores.
Therefore, the prediction has a good chance of causing itself to be false...
Vrythramax
ocalhoun wrote:
This is just a little paradoxical:
Supposing I found out "you will die in a wal-mart store"
I would then studiously avoid wal-mart stores.
Therefore, the prediction has a good chance of causing itself to be false...

*scratching head*....hadn't thought of that Confused
Garnet
What I meant was that that is the date I will die unless something happens to me before, like being ran over by a bus. Sorry about the poor expression.
Scotty Too Hotty
i would have to definatly say no way. I mean the point of life is not knowing things. I mean seeing a physchic (sorry for the spelling) is one thing but knowing when you are gonna die is completly another and is absurd. I mean it would be nice to know but it would change way too much that it wouldnt be worth it IMHO
Blaster
That would be interesting. I would love to; know. Then i could say all of my good buys and do stuff i always wanted to do. It would make it a lot nicer. So yes i would love to know when i would die. Not when i am sick but at an early age like maybe 13.
planet
I do not understand that it is a question.
(Ofcourse I do get the mondane perception of time of death) ,,,but,,

YOU are always in control of when YOU die,(should you so deside)
roee
i would know it (maybe)
there is some reasons why to know about it (maybe)

- maybe you will get a tragedy and you will not want to know about it
- maybe it is a question to die and you dont want to know

but you need to know about it because it is you deat! the first and the last one (in the world) and you need to know!!!