FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mame arcades

NewGame
Hey.
Just wanted to let you guys know about a hobby of mine that someone here might enjoy. It is actually the reason why I am requesting this hosting. This hobby involves taking an old arcade cabinet (or building one from scratch) taking all the old components out of it and replacing these with a computer. Then, after you wire up arcade controls to the computer, you have an arcade machine that is capable above playing an incredible amount of games. This is possible through the use of an emulator called M.A.M.E (or multiple arcade machine emulation).
Info can be found here:
[url]mame.net[/url]

and here:

[url]byoac.com[/url]

-Drew
bassgs_17
Great hobby! I've always wanted to do that, but I don't think I could find the time... I spend my free time coding in Game Maker, on my kick-*** Megaman game. Welcome to Frihost!
-Aquastrike
no_face15
I've had problems running Mame and tried like 5 different arcade emulators and didn't have much luck with any of them on Win XP SP2. The ones that would work would only work with like 5 games from my entire Mame ROM collection. It works fine on older OSs, but not so well with this one. On my old computer I got BeOS installed too and have all kinds of emulators on it, most are imperfect though. Why is it so difficult to make more compatible emulators I wonder? But it seems like a difficult thing to do. Anyway, keep it up, in the future when they're all working and compatible with more rom sets I'd definitly like to play more.
indeedwrestling
I have been a big fan of MAME ever since I first discovered quality arcade emulation. On Monday night, I had my first opportunity to ever actually play a MAME cabinet. All I can say is.... WOW~! It's such an upgrade from trying to play the ROMs on my computer. The joystick, being able to easily accomodate several people, pressing actual arcade buttons. And it costs ZERO. If you were ever a fan of going to the arcade when you were a kid, I cannot put over how great these cabinets are. Woo!
zipdaman12
Hey Guys and Gals,

I too have a nice mame cabinet (as well as an original Robotron that I am refurbishing) I cannot stress enough that playing these games on an actual stand up machine is SOOOOOO much better than playinf on a computer. I plan to host my site here (once I qualify Smile and it contains pictures of my project and the details as to what I did and how I did it. Once it is up I will paste the link here.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Zip
zipdaman12
I finally got my webspace, so here is a link to my mame cabinet

http://www.wintersworld.frih.net/arcmain.htm

Enjoy Smile(

I plan to overhaul it this winter and I will update the site when it gets done

Zip