FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Turner & Hooch

DoctorBeaver
I love this film. The dog is gorgeous. I've got Mastiffs so I know how strong they are & what a handful they can be. Mind you, mine are a wee bit bigger than Hooch. Did I say "a wee bit"? That's an understatement. Mine are Old English Mastiffs (Hooch is a Bull Mastiff). They're as tall as Great Danes and twice as wide. I must be a real glutton for punishment as I have 7 of them (plus a Rhodesian Ridgeback & a Jack Russell terrier).
Those of you who have seen this film must remember how Hooch drools. That's the 1 big problem with Mastiffs. When they shake their heads, drool flies to all corners of the room. You cannot be houseproud if you want these dogs. But if you want a dog that is gentle, great with kids, loyal & protective, big enough to deter even the most hardened burglar, and as soppy as they come, then get a Mastiff. Incidentally, it helps if you can get dog food at wholesale prices as they have enormous appetites!
GOMichael
That's like having a horse living indoors with you.
joopc
very nice!!
especially the the slobbering.
ocalhoun
GOMichael wrote:

What's wrong with that?
All you need is an automatic exterior door, and horses behave much better than most dogs.
ladyrobina
I am sure they are darling dogs, but don't think I could live with the slobbering.
Gieter
ocalhoun wrote:
GOMichael wrote:

What's wrong with that?
All you need is an automatic exterior door, and horses behave much better than most dogs.

Well, I don't think everybody likes to have a horse in their house. I wouldn't want it, because it's so big and it would be quite irritating. Have you a horse in your house? Smile