FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tutorial For Beginners

wumingsden
I am offering 200Frih$ for the best tutorial written on how to set up a Home Server.
The winning tutorial will be a sticky Topic in the appropiate forum to help Newbie's like me and others on how to set one up, Very Happy

These are the tutorial requirements:

Has to be written by yourself.
    Has to be step-by-step.
    Has to be for a Windows PC.
    Has to be in at least understandable English.
    Has to give appropiate download links.

The tutorial has to explain how to install, configure, and use the following:

PHP
    MySQL
    phpMyAdmin
    How to setup phpBB2 on localhost

By entering you accept that the tutorial may be edited for the benefit of the reader
Blaster
When you get that do you think you can make send send it to me? Also do you mean who ever or however?
Quote:
I am offering 150Fri$ to however writes the best tutorial......

I think you should up it to 200Frih$
n0obie4life
It does not mean you are a mod that you can sticky your contest.

You are the same as the others unless your contest is a official frihost contest.
Blaster
What about how to set up DA on to it.
wumingsden
Blaster wrote:
What about how to set up DA on to it.

That would also meant that you have to buy the license whihc i think is expensive
Daniel15
I'd be able to write up a guide, just not right now (maybe Friday or Saturday or something) If I do write a guide, it will be complete, with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
Blaster
I want to look at that too. What is the sytem requirements?
wumingsden
To Daniel, thanks, that would be great, I'll read through it when its done and see wether its "officially" allowed to be stickied, i think you know what i'm talking about Very Happy
To Blaster, system requirements would be a PC Very Happy probably windows NT/XP, i guess you download the software that works on your platform
Blaster
Did you ever get it? I would like to see a copy of that.
Daniel15
I'll try and write up a tutorial later... It will take a while as I'm going to do everything on a fresh Windows XP install in VMWare.
Daniel15
Well, here's what I've done so far: http://www.daniel15.be/index.php?pid=4

It's not yet completed, and therefore there's no instructions for PHP/MySQL.
n0obie4life
"How to setup phpBB2 on localhost "

View the sticky in the tutorials forum. It's done. Same concept and everything.
wumingsden
To Daniel, I thought you had forgot, keep up the good work if you can.
To N4L, could you post the URL to the tutorial as I've fount no such sticky Thread named wh at you said.

I still want to setup Apache, etc, and people are still asking questions do please don't stop Very Happy
Daniel15
I just wrote up a tutorial on installing PHP... This continues on from the Apache tutorial. You may see it at http://www.daniel15.be/index.php?pid=5

No MySQL tutorial yet...
Blaster
We want mysql!!

Twisted Evil

Its looking great dan it really is. Very Happy
Daniel15
Good news! I finished the MySQL tutorial! Have a look at http://www.daniel15.be/index.php?pid=3 for all the tutorials.

Note that in the PHP tutorial, I changed the edits to the Apache httpd.conf slightly. It's not much of a difference, but anyway, just thought I should let you know.

P.S.
Quote:
I am offering 200Frih$ for the best tutorial written on how to set up a Home Server.

I don't really have a use for 200 FriH$. If I win the contest, donate that 200 FriH$ to n0obie for me Smile
Blaster
LOL mods can just edit there own cash. So give it to mataius becuase he doesn't edit his money. n0obie does. Razz
wumingsden
Unfortunately these hospital laptops won't let me access your site so I cannot see them. I will try and look at them ASAP.

Although everything may not be done you win the competition as your the only one that knows how to do it and isn't lazy Very Happy 200 Frih$ have been donated to N4L as you requested.
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
LOL mods can just edit there own cash. So give it to mataius becuase he doesn't edit his money. n0obie does.

Look. I don't.

The cash logs know if we do or not.

@wumingsden

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-19192.html
Blaster
You should have donated the frih to me Razz But the thing that daniel57 made is good just to let you know.

@ n0obie4life that was a joke just to let you know. I know bondings can look at that as to he helped me do stuff with problems deling with that before.